Anthony Pettis would beat Matt Brown

Depends on whether the judges are competent or incompetent, with this determining whether or not their subsequent inclination is to erroneously mis-score a round spent in a neutral position as anything other than a 10-10. Unfortunately, most judges don't understand how guard works, and will award a round based on "top position" all while unaware that top position is defined by time spent in: full mount, side control, north/south, knee-on-stomach, back mount, etc.

That fight should have been scored a draw on the basis of Pettis's inability to stop his takedowns juxtaposed with Guida's complete inability to pass or consistently land hard, damaging strikes from guard.

I'm pretty sure Pettis himself has admitted he lost that fight, and was disappointed with himself afterwards

I'm pretty sure Pettis himself has admitted he lost that fight, and was disappointed with himself afterwards

Brown would clay Guida Pettis for 5 rounds but with more pizzaz...
by pizzaz i mean more elbows and punches to his face...

matt brown fights at about 190 pounds the same weight he fought when he was on the ultimate fighter. Pettis is a small lw. Eric silva is an explosive ww that landed hard clean kicks to the liver. How do you guys know pettis who fights at 165 kicks harder than eric silva? He has better technique but there are weight classes for a reason. Pettis could fight at 145

Back