Anthony Pettis would beat Matt Brown

Jon Jones is a way better MMA fighter than Cain/JDS.

With enough weight gain(240lbs)....he will beat em.

Jones had trouble with Gus setting a good pace and keeping pressure on him. Cain set his pace and never stops coming, never lets off the gas. Jones would get broken by Velasquez, brutally. Junior is a bit more of a toss up, but I don't believe for one fraction of a second that Jones could effectively muscle JDS around the cage like Cain did. And just to further my point, Werdum taps Jones inside three rounds.

Matt Brown would beat him up bad, there are weight classes for a reason.

Pettis footwork plus kicks would be too much. It would be a fight though, and Pettis would be beat the fuck up after as well. Unless he just continues his trend of ending it in the first, which is a very possible possibility

Lol Matt Brown could definitely beat Pettis and I'm a huge pettis fan. He's a good bit bigger than Anthony with decent power and good accuracy with his strikes
Doesn't mean he would get past Pettis's push kick though.

He would have the same advantage as any other big dude fighting a smaller dude, yeah, but technique is what everyone strives for, and Pettis is one of the best technical strikers in mma.

Doesn't mean he would get past Pettis's push kick though.

He would have the same advantage as any other big dude fighting a smaller dude, yeah, but technique is what everyone strives for, and Pettis is one of the best technical strikers in mma.

The size difference is a big factor that we can't just ignore. Watch the video I posted earlier in this thread, it's not the exact same situation but it's similar. Eddie Alvarez is also very technical and a top LW, he was fighting at WW without cutting weight. Nick Thompson was a decent WW but he was more of a mid level guy. The size difference played a huge difference in that fight.

Last edited:
Sure, Pettis would beat him, after talking shit for a while & then cancelling the fight for an injury.

Cool for Pettis. I guess he should move up to face Matt Brown. Oh wait he hasn't even defended his title at 155 a single time yet.

Has a decent chance to catch Brown with some good bodyshots like he did Cowboy.

He can't even beat Guida.
Depends on whether the judges are competent or incompetent, with this determining whether or not their subsequent inclination is to erroneously mis-score a round spent in a neutral position as anything other than a 10-10. Unfortunately, most judges don't understand how guard works, and will award a round based on "top position" all while unaware that top position is defined by time spent in: full mount, side control, north/south, knee-on-stomach, back mount, etc.

That fight should have been scored a draw on the basis of Pettis's inability to stop his takedowns juxtaposed with Guida's complete inability to pass or consistently land hard, damaging strikes from guard.

he would, it probably wouldn't go past the 1st round.

Depends on whether the judges are competent or incompetent, with this determining whether or not their subsequent inclination is to erroneously mis-score a round spent in a neutral position as anything other than a 10-10. Unfortunately, most judges don't understand how guard works, and will award a round based on "top position" all while unaware that top position is defined by time spent in: full mount, side control, north/south, knee-on-stomach, back mount, etc.

That fight should have been scored a draw on the basis of Pettis's inability to stop his takedowns juxtaposed with Guida's complete inability to pass or consistently land hard, damaging strikes from guard.

Nah, I was just fucking around, so no need to take my post seriously.

brown could beat pettis, pettis could beat brown...

Back