Anthony Pettis would beat Matt Brown

Karnage187

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Does anyone disagree?

If you think Matt Brown would win, then how?

Not supposed to be a revelation, just an observation.

I was trying to think of how Brown could beat any of the top 5 in WW, and for some reason Pettis popped into my head. I don't think there could be a worse matchup for Brown than Pettis.

As long as Pettis wouldn't get injuried before the fight yes.

Lol Matt Brown could definitely beat Pettis and I'm a huge pettis fan. He's a good bit bigger than Anthony with decent power and good accuracy with his strikes

Not supposed to be a revelation, just an observation.

I was trying to think of how Brown could beat any of the top 5 in WW, and for some reason Pettis popped into my head. I don't think there could be a worse matchup for Brown than Pettis.

(whispering) pss... He's not a welterweight...

A sloppy brawler with a glass body incessantly marching forwards towards a highly proficient striker who is specialized in body kicks.

It would be over quickly.

Is it because Brown has a 'glass body' or whatever the fuck people have been spouting here?

pettis via body shot or choke (I diagnosed brown's weak body before Saturday night)

Is it because Brown has a 'glass body' or whatever the fuck people have been spouting here?

I would be lying if I said that wasn't part of my reasoning. Can't say for sure if he has a "glass body" but given the reference material we have, I would say that Pettis can fuck him up to the body good. Pettis is also much faster and has probably equal power or better in all of his strikes. Brown could take it to the ground, where he would IMO get submitted by Pettis.

Probably/possibly but I try not to predict what will happen when fighters from different weight classes square off. Sometimes the size/strength or speed/quickness advantage the bigger or smaller man has is surprising.

3.gif

Everything in this gif would destroy Brown. And the armbar after.

Pettis would win. More technical. Matt Brown is a pretty accurate striker.

Back