Anthony Pettis: "The whole day was off, my rehydration was off, I wasnt myself..."

very true! It's even more impressive considering the strength of competition:icon_chee

 GSP has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight (1st place*CoffeeandBeer's thread). GSP has almost as many wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight as both Anderson and Fedor combined.
 Georges has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (1st place*Rester's thread). GSP fought in the UFC's WW division that historically had a much deeper talent pool than the UFC's MW division where Silva fought and Pride's HW division where Fedor fought.

for fuck sakes tony, lmao.

Dude had such an off day that he drafted in wrestlers. I like Pettis, but that was a tad lame from him.

Another reason to ban iv rehydration. Enough is enough. For years its been the "Ultimate Fighting Cut"

The best part is that Anthony said flat out that he couldn't and refused from now on to fight with his brother Sergio on the same card. He said the card had to be all about him and that basically with his brother in there, it distracted him.

I think he's just fishing for an excuse.

very true! It's even more impressive considering the strength of competition:icon_chee

 GSP has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight (1st place*CoffeeandBeer's thread). GSP has almost as many wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 5 at the time of the fight as both Anderson and Fedor combined.
 Georges has 17 wins against opponents that were ranked in the top 10 at the time of the fight (1st place*Rester's thread). GSP fought in the UFC's WW division that historically had a much deeper talent pool than the UFC's MW division where Silva fought and Pride's HW division where Fedor fought.

Lol WW being the most stacked has always been a myth but it doesn't change GSP being impressive, some of fights like hardy were probably his off day fight but he still won that one.

GD it. There is nothing wrong with saying you had an off day. He didn't look anything like his normal self. Everyone watching had to wonder what was wrong with him. Plus he gave full credit to RDA for hitting him with a fight changing shot.

If his hydration was off, then he cut too much weight by dehydration and has no one to blame but himself for trying to game the weight system.

Training safely, cutting weight and fighting all have equal importance in the fight game.

If you're not good at all three you won't be champion for very long. Pettis, Cain, Barao, Cruz all found that out.

That's why a guy like Mighty Mouse deserve more respect than he gets for what he does. A consummate professional and the most legit champ the UFC currenty has.

Bottom line: Pettis was dominated from bell to bell.

Great champions don't have off days - or at least if they do, they still win on their off days.

Oh what the fuck Pettis. The other things were you explaining how the fight went and those didn't seem like excuses to me. But this here is just whining. Bitching about how you fucked up your weight cut? He's not big for the division anyway, and if that's the case move up.

Just admit RDA kicked your ass pillar to post, and that you're working on fixing the holes in your game he brutally exposed

Its true. Every fighter is a Brazilian at heart. Seriously they should get dual citizenship.

Excuses, excuses, excuses... Can't wait for Cerone and Lauzon to avenge their losses.

He got dominated all 5 rounds.

He has no other option other then to say it was his off day lol

So did JonSnitchPhones commit suicide after Pettis was so thoroughly dominated?

Back