Prime Cerrone TKO
Giblert Melendez SUB
Chiesa SUB
Lauzon KO
Aloe Vera SUB
Jeremy Stephens SD
Jim Miller UD
Danny Castillo KO

Showtime has one of the most underrated resumes at LW, and is not respected the way he deserves. Most importantly, his resume is full of KO/SUB finishes...nobody likes a decision machine.

PLUS showtime was on the wheaties cereal box. All Anthony needs to do is recapture the title from Khabib to cement himself as LW GOAT. Thoughts?

Last edited:
200.gif

But he won't beat Khabib.

How many top 5 wins is that?

He has a good resume but not even close to goat. Obviously beating Khabib strengthens anyone's case.

If he beats McGregor, Khabib and Ferguson.

He's no Erick Silva

Khabib is the LW GOAT since he has the best resume and is undefeated, never even looked in trouble

The other contender would be Tony, but he decisively lost to journeyman Michael Johnson, almost got KOed in another journeyman Lando Vannata, got manhandled by Castillo and TKOed by wire

Maybe BJ Penn could be in there too but his prime was brief

Top 10 after:

BJ
Edgar
Gomi
Aoki
Alvarez
Bendo
Ferguson
Khabib

BJ Penn is the LW Goat , but pettis resume is pretty underrated tho

BJ is still the LW GOAT.

Khabib has a chance to overtake him if he can defend that belt a few times.

I wouldn't have Pettis even close to top 5 GOAT LW.

Probably not GOAT, but severely underrated.

Badass fighter with an amazing body kick.

LW is the most contentious division for GOAT. As a big BJ Penn fan, his claim to LW GOAT is pretty dated and not built on that much. He fought outside of LW so much that it weakened his claim.

It's hard to say who the LW GOAT is. Right now I would say nobody.

Well he has the Wheaties Box thing going him, what other fighter could say that. I don’t think even connnir has been on a Cereal Box yet.

LW is the most contentious division for GOAT. As a big BJ Penn fan, his claim to LW GOAT is pretty dated and not built on that much. He fought outside of LW so much that it weakened his claim.

It's hard to say who the LW GOAT is. Right now I would say nobody.
Being dated shouldn’t affect ones status. Examples: Jordan, Ali, Tyson. Obviously those are some of thee GREATEST names in sports but if more recent LWs can top BJ Penns wins and championships then it’s on them to do so (some have) and shouldn’t be a knock on Penn and the competition during his time.

Penn and Gomi are in the mix for top 5, imo. What they accomplished was incredible. Don’t let the Ferguson’s (interim champion) and Conor’s (one time, one off champion) fool us. BJ was a 4x UFC LW champion, fought the old guard in Pulver to veterans like Sherk to newer TUF era contenders like Florian.

Back