Anthony Pettis: I Couldnt See Out of My Right Eye The Whole Time

I dnt think he was BSing bc in rd 5 his punches were off by a literal foot , nvr seen Pettis miss punches by that much

A fluke KO isnt getting owned. Especially when Silva was winning the second round leading up to the KO.

He got outstruck, outgrappled and knocked out cold within like 7 minutes in devastating fashion.

He got owned.

There was nothing fluky about it but you're still delusional, I see.

something tells me none of you idiots have been in a real fight before, other than this type of fight:

something tells me none of you idiots have been in a real fight before, other than this type of fight:

[

The Rassler, dropping knowledge like always. Sometimes you get caught. That doesn't always mean you go night night, but sometimes your shit shuts off to the point where you're out for the rest of the fight but surviving completely on instinct.

Fighters know this. Fatass, neckbearded keyboard warriors do not.

Pettis lost because he looks like a model and the guy he was fighting looked like he was thawed out Encino man style.

My opponent hurt me is an excuse now?
EXACTLY.

Why is it, when someone gets asked about a fight, and the fighter goes on to give details about the fight - just like the person asked for - that suddenly they're making excuses? What the fuck are they supposed to say?

"Well, I was fine all the way through the fight; perfect condition. No problems at all. Everything was looking great. And then I lost."

Some of the dumbest people on the fucking planet in these forums, I swear to god.

Yes that exactly what I'm doing.

Forgive me if I have a very hard time believing someone who has their eye wide open can't see "anything" out of it.

I know I'm really go out on a limb here.

Semantics. You cant say with any kind of certainty that his vision wasnt affected in some way, even if slightly. Since that's a fact, lets not argue about it.

What you could say is that he exaggerated the extent of his vision problems.... But what he said about his vision being affected and it having to do with an effective strike is no excuse. That's also a fact.

I did not know Pettis was part Brazilian.

It's not an excuse when you say, "My opponent did this thing to me that made me unable to win." That's giving credit where it's due.

No the huge difference is one case someone had literally a river of blood in their eyes rendering them completely unable to see.

In the other case someone who claims to have not been able to see out of his eye the entire fight had it wide open the entire time, and didn't seem to have any vision problems at all. He only claimed to not be able to see once he knew the fight was well out of reach and the camera was right in front of him.

dude you need glasses or some shit. not only was his eye jacked but they showed replays of him getting blasted in the eye. pettis reaction to that punch in the eye was obvious too. he was wiping his eye repeatedly and blinking like crazy

i guess all of that was just pettis coming up with an infight rope a dope excuse. oh he blasted me in the eye so now lets act like my eye is fucked up so i can have an excuse

Forgive me if I have a very hard time believing someone who has their eye wide open can't see "anything" out of it.

yet we've had everyone mic'd up after eye pokes a million times and fighters complain they can't see with an eye open

your knowledge and common sense in this situation are a total disaster

wake up bro

they will fight again, hopefully.

RDA was in his final form last weekend.. the right man for the right job.

Not really an excuse, he just said he lost because he got caught. If he said he was sick or was injured, that would be an excuse, but that is legit. He owned up to being bested.

It's entirely possible. I was hit in the eye with a ball, and although I was able to open my eye and keep it open without any problems, I couldn't see anything out of that eye for at least 10 minutes.

Doesn't really matter tho, he shouldn't have gotten hit in the eye in the first place.

It was obviously effecting him. Why this is so controversial, I don't know. Anyone who fights or understands fighting could clearly see he got majorly fucked up by that punch and wasn't the same the rest of the fight. It was a huge game changer, and kudos to RDA for landing it.

I still don't think RDA is worlds better than Pettis (and I'm a Khabib/Bendo fan). I just think, RDA landed a game changing, concussive blow to Pettis early in the fight, that effectively KO'd Pettis and made him look like shit the rest of the fight because he was on auto-pilot from then on.

It's similar to someone breaking a dude's arm or leg by checking a punch/kick. It simply, fucking happens. Fighting is often times far more complex than bullshit, short hand narratives from retards make it out to be.

I don't really have a dog in this race, but I think this is the same reason some people are calling it an excuse. It does seem to take away a bit from RDA's accomplishments when people say it landed early. Who cares? RDA landed it because Pettis couldn't defend against and went on to take advantage his damaging punch for the rest of the fight.

Why is that an excuse ? He said THE FIRST PUNCH HE THREW , caused the eye damage

Its not accidental, they are supposed to do damage to each others faces

You people dont seem to understand what an excuse is, why wouldnt he say it if its true ? so sherdog warriors can call him a pussy ?

I would give them both a fight then the rematch, it was not a close fight by any means, even if the eye thing was right, it wasnt like an eye poke, it was a fair strike.

Back