Anthony Pettis' fight delayed again, UFC 182 to take place Jan 3rd instead of Dec 27

Pettis is the champion. He's not ducking anyone. If he was ducking anybody he wouldn't have signed on to fight the toughest threat to his title.

I don't think he's ducking but I definitely think khabib is a bigger threat and even Bendo in terms of styles. Melendez likes to stand and trade Pettis will pick him apart.

I thought he had to attend a high school reunion or something really important.

The extra week is of little concern, I'm watching this fight regardless.

I don't think he's ducking but I definitely think khabib is a bigger threat and even Bendo in terms of styles. Melendez likes to stand and trade Pettis will pick him apart.

Khabib has done nothing to prove he's a threat to Pettis. Bendo is a threat to everyone at 155 except Pettis, they've fought twice and Pettis has won both times.Gil and Thompson are the only legit threats to Pettis as of now. Oh yeah, and Aldo :D

If Pettis beats Melendez he should defend his belt the very next week after that to make up for lost time

fuckkkk how will we wait 1 extra week to see someone we wont recognize on the streets

LOL Smooth is probably going to fight 4 times this year, Pettis not even once.

Pettis must be ducking!!! Right guys. It seems that anytime a fighter is injured or a fight is delayed they are accused of ducking

(No....I don't really think Pettis is ducking)

Pettis is doing his best GSP impersonation though.

Can he beat 10 fights in 7 years like GSP?

I don't either but at this point I can completely understand why one might suspect that certain title holders are deliberately being reckless in their fight prep in hopes that they can use injuries sustained as an excuse to avoid or delay title defenses or to not have to defend at all. Not that I'm about to drop any accusations here but unfortunately I can understand why some would have their suspicions.

It's time for Benson to turn the trash talk of Pettis up to level 11

Should start calling himself the peoples champ, or better yet the Judges champ

Pettis has got the talent to beat Anderson's title defense record, it will just take him 20 years to make it happen.

I'm glad it's only a week, but holy fuck - REALLY cannot find a way to support a champion who fights once every 1-2 years. Forget the fucking guy even exists so much time passes between fights. It's almost too bad that a guy THAT talented is the champ. People want to see the champ fight regularly. This dude's on the cusp of becoming a fuckin Bigfoot-esque urban legend/myth.

I expect to see some reality shows about "Finding Showtime" before too long.

I really love Pettis but "Shelftime" really needs to stop getting injured

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back