Anthony Joshua vs Wilder/Ortiz winner guaranteed in 2018, says Eddie Hearn

Draper

Bronze Bomber
@purple
Reaction score
If both fighters continue to win, a blockbuster unification showdown is guaranteed between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder (38-0, 37 KOs) and IBF, IBO, WBA Anthony Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs), according to Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Sport.

Before that collision can happen, both boxers would have to be successful in their upcoming assignments.

Wilder will defend his title against undefeated Cuban puncher Luis Ortiz on November 4th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. And Joshua will face mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev on October 28th at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales.

joshua-wilder.jpg

Hearn really likes the fight between Wilder and Ortiz (27-0, 23 KOs). He feels Ortiz is a very dangerous opponent, and Wilder beating him will only make a Joshua contest even bigger.

There is also a unification that Joshua can target with WBO champion Joseph Parker - but Hearn was very unimpressed after watching Parker's points win on Saturday over Hughie Fury.

"Wilder-Ortiz is a really good fight. Wilder is now in a really good fight. He hasn't been in any good fights yet, not his fault. Joshua is coming off a Klitschko fight and Wilder is now fighting Ortiz," Hearn said to BoxingScene.com.

"If he comes through on the other side, we are really starting to build a super-fight here. Joshua will fight anyone, no problem. We're looking at the winner of that fight in spring, summer. Guaranteed that you will see Joshua fight the winner of that fight, before 2018 is out, for sure.

"Parker just fought Fury. It was one of the worst heavyweight fights I've ever seen. So his stock has just plummeted but we still want his belt. Joshua-Wilder is the fight. Two young, explosive heavyweights. It's becoming a super-fight. If it becomes a pay-per-view fight over here [in America], which I think it is, we don't mind coming here, and it's huge in the UK."
http://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-vs-wilder-ortiz-winner-guaranteed-2018-says-hearn--120875

Specific quote:
"If he comes through on the other side, we are really starting to build a super-fight here. Joshua will fight anyone, no problem. We're looking at the winner of that fight in spring, summer. Guaranteed that you will see Joshua fight the winner of that fight, before 2018 is out, for sure.
I also saw that Showtime uploaded the Wilder/Szpilka and Joshua/Klitschko fights on YouTube. Looks to be a real lock if both guys win their fights.

I still contend wilder can beat joshua...

I actually think ortiz is gonna be a rough fight for wilder though, so we will se what happens

if pulev wins everyone gets owned.

People shit all over Hearn, but the man delivers

Pulev vs Ortiz is going to be the fight that tens of people are excited to see

Imagine if Wilder and Joshua lose
:eek:

Imagine if Wilder and Joshua lose
:eek:
That would suck shit but wed all still be more interested in Wilder/Joshua than Ortiz/Pulev lol.

If 2018 is half as good as 2017 we'll get to see this fight

Parker is the real champion of the world.... well maybe not but in New Zealand we think he is.

Parker is the real champion of the world.... well maybe not but in New Zealand we think he is.
Lineal is blah blah blah, fury disowned it blah blah blah. If Parker gets in there and kicks the shit out of Joshua or fury I will agree with you.

I thought he was generally the most respected.
Yeah I thought that. He always manages to get the good exciting fights for his fighters and doesn't smother them in cotton wool like some promoters. Personally I think he's great for British boxing.

Most like the man , he has haters that means he is doing something right

I thought he was generally the most respected.

Yeah I thought that. He always manages to get the good exciting fights for his fighters and doesn't smother them in cotton wool like some promoters. Personally I think he's great for British boxing.

Every Matchroom show I've been to, Hearn gets booed and every person I hear is talking about what a cunt Eddie Hearn is. I don't get it really.

Oh, well as long as Eddie Hearn said so.

Every Matchroom show I've been to, Hearn gets booed and every person I hear is talking about what a cunt Eddie Hearn is. I don't get it really.
Oh, I have been led to believe he is beloved , I guess it’s his James Bond looks lol

i found that pretty surprising, too. he's respectful and it seems like he delivers.

is he hated because he's a suit and people just like to boo all businessmen?

I thought the Wilder Ortiz fight was off because of the PED positive test by Ortiz?

Back