Anthony Joshua vs Povetkin "deal close"

Ortiz is a good fighter but "The Can Opener" talks about Wlad like he's some sort of journeyman trash fighter.

Hilarious.

What's next? "He only fought prime Mike Tyson".
Tyson is American so I don't rate him.

Lol. Nah I'm never gonna respond to that guy.

What was the excuse for Joshua's lackluster performance against Takam?

There wasnt one
There was a few. "He wasn't training for Takam" "Takam broke his nose with a headbutt".

There were numerous people saying Joshua didn't have time to prepare for Takam since his game plan was drawn out for Pulev, forgetting that Takam had only 12 days to get ready for AJ.
And the fight was arguably stopped prematurely in the 10th.

There was a few. "He wasn't training for Takam" "Takam broke his nose with a headbutt".

There were numerous people saying Joshua didn't have time to prepare for Takam since his game plan was drawn out for Pulev, forgetting that Takam had only 12 days to get ready for AJ.
And the fight was arguably stopped prematurely in the 10th.

Well, it wasnt a good performance, it happens.

Ignore the people who make excuses is my only advice

I trust RR and Deontay's other ppl to get this done with Hearn. At the end of the day if the money's right then the fight is right, imo. Hearn is indeed playing hardball, it's business at the end of the day.

My concern is wilders team hoping that fan pressure will get him a larger slice; it won’t work! A few fans saying Joshua is ducking is not going to convince hearn to hand over a larger share. The reality is Joshua will fight povetkin or whoever the mandatory is if it can’t be agreed, and until it can be agreed. I really don’t see hearn giving anything more than 35/65 because wilder just doesn’t deserve any more

I think this will be done, soon. Hearn is not a douche on the level of Oscar and his boy, Clenelo.

Ok. But his bargaining chips lessen if he falters against Povetkin and Wilder blows out Whyte
Wilder will never fight Whyte he's not giving Hearns a chance to book his Bfighter for the belt. Atleast never before AJ.

I don't have an agenda in that I don't like Americans.

Its more the fact that Americans think the whole world revolves around them and when people show them that it doesn't they tend to get defensive.

I'm not anti-american in the slightest, I'm anti-entitled, don't care where the person is from.
You spout this false narrative off in every thread.

Americans think the whole world revolves around them because a top fighter is trying to fight another top fighter, and is conceeding everything to get the fight done?

How dare he! What an entitled ass.

One day. And one day soon, the great UK will over take the states in childhood obesity.

One day.
At least you still have the bad teeth on lock down.

Only in America

Wrong. In Belgium people are talking about Wilder vs Joshua. No one ever talked about either of their fights seperately or even cared much (cause Belgium doesn't give a fuck about boxing for the most part)

Wrong. In Belgium people are talking about Wilder vs Joshua. No one ever talked about either of their fights seperately or even cared much (cause Belgium doesn't give a fuck about boxing for the most part)
They have tv and radio in Belgium?

Mmm Id love to drink some Cantillon while watching Wilder and AJ throw down.

They have tv and radio in Belgium?

Yes, but only since 2014 and you have to trade coal or potatoes to get the necessary amount of electricity to get you through the evening.

Mmm Id love to drink some Cantillon while watching Wilder and AJ throw down.

giphy.gif

Price maybe flattered him slightly, but Povetkin looked dangerous in that fight. If it had been him in there instead of Parker on the same night AJ could have had some serious trouble.

Regardless though, its time for Wilder/AJ now, anything else from either of them is a joke.

Price maybe flattered him slightly, but Povetkin looked dangerous in that fight. If it had been him in there instead of Parker on the same night AJ could have had some serious trouble.

Regardless though, its time for Wilder/AJ now, anything else from either of them is a joke.

He didn't look good at all against Price but he's definitely still dangerous (and almost certainly still using PEDs). Price needed 42 stitches altogether; 12 in his eyebrow and 30 in his mouth. His nose was broken as well and that KO was brutal. That's a heap of damage to sustain in 5 rounds in a fight scheduled for 12.

nintchdbpict0003959815691.jpg

nintchdbpict000395981481.jpg

nintchdbpict0003959816201-e1522860479983.jpg

FACE OFF David Price reveals he had to have 42 stitches in his face after brutal knockout defeat against Alexander Povetkin

I'd rather see AJ - Wilder, but if this happens I certainly hope Povetkin gets KOed into next year.

He's most certainly have a chance to pull the upset, though. I can see AJ playing it safe and jabbing his way to a JD.

Back