Anthony Joshua vs. Kubrat Pulev Set To Be Ordered, Says IBF

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Lindsey Tucker, the Championship Chairman of the International Boxing Federation, confirmed to BoxingScene.com that IBF heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua (19-0, 19 KOs) and mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev (25-1, 13 KOs) will be ordered to begin negotiations in the coming days. Last Saturday night, Joshua pulled off a sensational victory by getting off the floor in the sixth round to score a stoppage win over former division ruler Wladimir Klitschko in eleven rounds.

The fight took place before a record crowd of 90,000 fans at Wembley in London. Only one day prior, in Bulgaria, Pulev stayed active with a twelve round unanimous decision victory over veteran Kevin Johnson, who Joshua stopped in two rounds last May. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/anthony-...ordered-says-ibf--116228#sthash.l3lAqarF.dpuf

Would prefer Wilder, Ortiz or Parker but at least it's still a top level fight. Hopefully AJ KO's him and huge fight with him and Wilder is next.

Good. He deserved it right after beating Chisora. Guess he knew what he was doing cruising through a couple of wash ups safely right after.

I don't think Joshua is ready for such a massive step up in competition.

Run from Wilder. Keep Running.

AJ just sold 90k seats and bigger than anyone belt. He should be commanding the Wilder and Turndown Any other offer. That is what a Real Champion would do.

This is how boxing is. When fighters get to a level that no other is at in their div, it ends up being a case of "he doesnt need" whoever. Its kind of like Canelo and GGG. Most people would have liked this fight straight after Canelo called him out, but it never happened. Canelo doesnt need GGG to make mega bucks and neither does AJ with Wilder. Wilder is going to have to wait until AJ is good and ready.

No problem with it unless Fury/Wilder/Ortiz get thrown in instead.

This is how boxing is. When fighters get to a level that no other is at in their div, it ends up being a case of "he doesnt need" whoever. Its kind of like Canelo and GGG. Most people would have liked this fight straight after Canelo called him out, but it never happened. Canelo doesnt need GGG to make mega bucks and neither does AJ with Wilder. Wilder is going to have to wait until AJ is good and ready.

If wilder was desperate for a fight with AJ he could have easily secured it in Saturday

Pulev is utter garbage.

I'll enjoy this beatdown. I'd rather seen them wait at least a year for the Wilder fight, do a bit more to build it up.

Pulev is utter garbage.

I'll enjoy this beatdown. I'd rather seen them wait at least a year for the Wilder fight, do a bit more to build it up.

How the hell does he keep getting title shots... Now if Joshua honers his rematch clause he gets stripped? First they F'd over Fury and now this potentially. Its like they can't handle having a legit champ

We all know how cautious Wilder is, Pulev is a decent challenge though.

If the sanctioning bodies had any credibilty about them , the conteders like Pulev, Stiverne and so on would be competing against each other, especially with so many potential unifications and high level fights beeing around

You know, there was somebody posting a while ago about how awesome Pulev was. In spite of that guy, I really think Pulev is a good, dangerous opponent for AJ.

They'll fight soon. Wilder doesn't care about taking the position of the "opponent", especially if he's making massive money (we already saw that when he agreed to fight Povetkin in Russia for way less money than he'll make against Joshua).

Run from Wilder. Keep Running.

AJ just sold 90k seats and bigger than anyone belt. He should be commanding the Wilder and Turndown Any other offer. That is what a Real Champion would do.

Wait. All this thread states is the fight the IBF wants. There's nothing in here at all about what fight Joshua wants.

And Joshua fought Klitschko less then a week ago and he's already "running" from Wilder???

What a turd you are.

Feela like sanctioning bodies actively undermine unifications by nominating certain guys. I mean, if you have Joshua with two belts, and Wilder with another, shouldn't the one be a mandatory fot the other, if we are talking about established names? One would think, but that's not hoe it works. Maybe these organizations can come up with a WBC (or WBA or whatever) left and WBC right belt so they can have two equal champs in the same weight at the same time....

I'm not ready to see every cell in AJ's body liquefy. It's already been said but, RIP

Back