Anthony Joshua responds to reports of $500 million offer from UFC: ‘We’re all ears’

I hope they give him 500 mil and stipe dry humps him for 25 minutes straight and makes him gas worse than ngannou. I hope its a boring awful grinding fight. I hope dana cries. I hope fedor and scott coker make out laughing while watching. I hope ben askren sits at home pleasuring himself to it. I hope vitor injects trt and spinning wheel kicks weidman.
Lol might as well hope for winning the lotto you have better odds considering its a boxing match

Lol might as well hope for winning the lotto you have better odds considering its a boxing match
I realized after writing that its for boxing but i am leaving post up in the case he does mma and to stick by my word.

Imagine what Conor is going to ask, if that actually happens.

50 per fight.

$50 maybe.

Joshua can't command $50 million a fight now, he has one opponent that really generates interest in Wilder and then after that, Zuffa who won't pay the mandatory medicals for their fighters and loses top 5 guys in the world to other organizations over five digits is going to pay him $50 million to fight cans?

Like I said, has to be total bs.

$50 maybe.

Joshua can't command $50 million a fight now, he has one opponent that really generates interest in Wilder and then after that, Zuffa who won't pay the mandatory medicals for their fighters and loses top 5 guys in the world to other organizations over five digits is going to pay him $50 million to fight cans?

You don't get it..

View attachment 358373
giphy.gif

The UFC is becoming Bellator. Conor possibly fighting Floyd Mayweather in the octagon. Freak show fights in different weight classes. Champions not defending and fighting the number 1 contenders. UFC boxing and Anthony Joshua. This sport is becoming a fucking circus. My love for this sport is dwindling day by day. WME is destroying the UFC.
it was always a circus you goof

Joshua is as smart as a bag of washing like Fury says.

This is just clickbait promotion for UK Europe UFC fighters after the London card and whatever Bisping is doing in retirement fighting.

Apart from Stipe/DC, everything else is EU, Soviet or UK fighters like Till, Volkov, Bisping, Gustaffson...

Good thing you don't run the business. The offer is there, so they obviously can pay him. It's more than just PPV, investment in the sport for the future of boxing, by buying Joshua..

The UFC could have offered him $1b... it's still not a guarantee. Also, the deal which hasn't been substantiated by the UFC and is only rumored to be worth UP TO $500m (in a multi-fight deal and a perfect world). This is the same scenario as the Conor/Floyd fight, throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. The UFC let Conor fight a boxing work for a quick cash grab and subsequently haven't been able to get their biggest draw building and fighting for their own brand.

Zuffa boxing is simply trying to get Joshua locked into a UFC style contract and will promise him the moon to make it happen, but the UFC has a public history of using restrictive contracts that are entirely weighted in their favor. Joshua will not leave Eddie Hearn, and they will likely remain with Showtime who Dana has already said he has no interest in working with again.

Right now the UFC is a hot mess. Titles and rankings don't mean shit. They've turned into the WWE and embraced everything that they've repeatedly long-criticized boxing and other MMA promotions for. They try to pay their own fighters peanuts and offer big money to outside fighters. They've lobbied hard against MMA fighters being included and protected under the Ali Act. Turning around and getting into boxing isn't going to help their case any.

something must've been lost in translation because no fucking way Dana is paying somebody 500mil hell slice that number in half its still a big LOL

Here's a fact for you newer MMA fans -

Pride FC was the big name in MMA for years. They put on the big shows on the biggest MMA stage in the world. They had freakshow fights, pro-wrestler crossovers, K-1 Kickboxer crossovers. They also contracted legit world ranked fighters and some of the best guys in the world. They always had a combo of legit MMA and fights for pure entertainment.

Other than a couple snoozer cards, you rarely watched a Pride FC card without coming away entertained. They knew how to put on a show and how to bring in more audiences.

If the UFC were to stick to purely fights by rankings for MMA purists, they'd go broke. They need the crossover stars and the odd fight based on celebrity. They are still billing legit ranking/contender fights, so the odd circus show is not a big deal if it brings in the money.

Boxers milking the MMA audience.....
yea its crazy how things have changed, mayweather sees it worth his time to troll the MMA audience because thats prob the biggest pool of fans out there for him to bring on as fans

something must've been lost in translation because no fucking way Dana is paying somebody 500mil hell slice that number in half its still a big LOL

You could split it in 10 and it would still be a big LOL

$500M is like 10 years of total fighter purses for the UFC

I think it said up to $500 million. He would probably have to sell a ton of PPVs every fight to get anything close to that. It's not going to be $500 million and it certaintly won't be anything close to that in guaranteed money.

$50 maybe.

He got 35 against a low name replacement his last fight, which sold out a 90 thousand seat Wembley stadium. If WME can get him for their boxing promotion it's massive, he holds most the hw titles.wilder the other

I'm not in English class man its an internet forum about cage fighting, relax no one is going to pick you up to be an editor on here. you're not impressing anyone

*it's

No need to get defensive.

English is hard for some kids in primary school.

Keep at it though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back