Anthony Joshua open to MMA cage fight

I'm not American, but I thought that being a 'hero' is a pretty big deal for you guys out there... so if you as an American tells me that no one gives a shit about firefighters then sure, I'm in no position to argue. I'm basing it off what I see on your TV programs/news.

I am not american, but no, it does not matter for them. Name one marketable hero from mma, box, kickboxing.

Yes, it matters in the movies. Crap like Captain America. The skinny short guy with a big heart becomes a hero. But not by training hard, like Stipe. By an experiment.

Spiderman? Smallvdork guy. Accident.
Batman? Orphan with money
Hulk? Small geek scientist. Accident.
Ironman? Asshole with tech.
Superman? Huge powers from another planet.

None of them trained hard for many years to improve their hero skills.

It might matter for Cleveland that Stipe is a firefighter. For the whole US, it matters that Conor can say "fock you".

The only thing I can recall is that he fought an mma fighter in a boxing match, wasn't all that long ago either. AJ getting his wires crossed me thinks.
That or he was confusing it with the Anderson match that never happened lol. I had to hit google after I read that. Mayorga fought mma so I'm sure Roy could have murked some cans.

I am not american, but no, it does not matter for them. Name one marketable hero from mma, box, kickboxing.

Yes, it matters in the movies. Crap like Captain America. The skinny short guy with a big heart becomes a hero. But not by training hard, like Stipe. By an experiment.

Spiderman? Smallvdork guy. Accident.
Batman? Orphan with money
Hulk? Small geek scientist. Accident.
Ironman? Asshole with tech.
Superman? Huge powers from another planet.

None of them trained hard for many years to improve their hero skills.

It might matter for Cleveland that Stipe is a firefighter. For the whole US, it matters that Conor can say "fock you".
I thought the US was really into their national heroes? isn't being a Firefighter a big deal? Like automatic respect?

Beats me.

how is someone going to bite in a mma match with no grappling

how is someone going to bite in a mma match with no grappling
tyson_ear_bite.jpg

Definitely respect Joshua's fearlessness. But as the first exciting boxing heavyweight since the 90s let him save the sport of boxing before getting his face kneed in by someone with training and experience he lacks..

Every English HW claims theyre ready to bang in MMA

Didn't Haye and Fury say the same shit?

Put up or shut your damn mouth about the arts
Haye was, he trained MMA for years. The money was just so much better in boxing

So basically he wants a kickboxing match?
A kick boxing match without kicks <Lmaoo>

NO boxer will come over to MMA unless flat broke, like Toney, or a crazy butt smokin' gangsta' like Mayorga. They are contented to have their trailer park trash, shwag smokin', black Jean wearin fans to spam the net with comments like 'A boxer will knock out any MMA fighter in a true street fight! Ray Mercer''. <45>

So you haven't learned anything since the early 90's
Every fight starts on the feet. Boxing is a massive part of MMA. A world class boxer has an excellent chance at being a successful MMA fighter

I'm not sure what is up with the Anthony Joshua hype, there is a bigger, blacker American HW champ with heavy hands that beats both he and Fury inside of 6 rounds.

Its because he's too nice outside of the cage. You don't find him intimidating, because he's always smiling and laughing and is mellow enough to upload a video of him sparring in a skirt.

That's something that can be overcome with good PR- a good marketing package.

The public needs to be constantly reminded that this is the scariest man in the UFC, without needing Stipe to adopt a NWO Hulk Hogan gimmick or a Conor-Ric Flair gimmick.
His gregariousness is actually what makes him all the more marketable. There are already way too many in-your-face tough guy characters. The UFC could use a badass who isn't above making fun of himself.

His gregariousness is actually what makes him all the more marketable. There are already way too many in-your-face tough guy characters. The UFC could use a badass who isn't above making fun of himself.
Yea, that's a REAL badass imo... not the gimmicky kind 145 pounder who acts like he could beat anyone and walks with imaginary lat syndrome

Yea, that's a REAL badass imo... not the gimmicky kind 145 pounder who acts like he could beat anyone and walks with imaginary lat syndrome
That I wholeheartedly agree with. I can't stand contrived aggression.

I thought the US was really into their national heroes? isn't being a Firefighter a big deal? Like automatic respect?

Beats me.

Maybe in a small community. I don't know exactly. But I don't really remember a fighter / singer / person from showbizz marketable for being a decent and humble human being and having a job that saves life.

Rich Franklin was kind of an exception, but he wasn't that marketable and those were other times.

Also, not to take Stipe's credit, but HW division is weaker now than it was before. And maybe people are tired of seeing big guys, with not as much speed or techique as in lower divisions, fight again and again.

Back