Anthony Joshua open to MMA cage fight

Also, these people saying Anthony could beat the UFC heavyweights in a muay thai fight... Are you serious? You'd think this was a boxing forum, not an MMA forum. Look here man, keep distance, lowkicks, headkicks, teeps and when he comes close clinch, knees and elbows. Logic guys. Use it.

Most HWs in MMA aren't particularly good strikers, and the best HW striker at the moment relies almost exclusively on his boxing (which is at a drastically lower level than Joshua's). It's not particularly hard to imagine Joshua doing quite well on the feet against MMA HWs when guys as limited as Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson have had relatively signifcant success on the feet in MMA just on the strength of a big right hand. A bigger, far faster, more powerful, and exponentially more skilled boxer than the likes of Nelson and Carwin (you can throw in JDS, as well, who is looked at as one of the better HWs in MMA almost exclusively on the strength of his ability with his hands) might be able to have some success.

The athletes in Boxing are way superior to Kickboxing.

Only makes sense it would be easier for them to pick up the other martial arts over some wrestler or BJJ or kickboxing guy who is competing against inferior athletes in comparison
I don't give a shit how much of an athlete he is, it's not gonna make up for never having grappled OR thrown/taken a kick in his life. At least Wonderboy had a well rounded striking game and suitable movement-based style when he transitioned

mma fighters are not very clever

he could easily win, could see some stupid HW just trying to stand with him

Struve mainly because he doesn't know how to use his reach/height advantage still and his BJJ
No way someone with a legit camp is going to entertain the thought of trading on the feet. Probably going to shoot a takedown from a mile away.

No way someone with a legit camp is going to entertain the thought of trading on the feet. Probably going to shoot a takedown from a mile away.
Ego

only because Miocic has like zero fan base.

Hes got Cleveland.

Joshua has a country.

Stipe was great against JDS though. If he keeps winning he will become a big name

Joshua has two countries actually. He's apparently got a big fanbase in Nigeria now too!

I love how kickboxers like Wonderboy can learn to defend takedowns but no way an elite athlete in boxing could learn lol BJJ can learn how to stike, wrestlers can learn BJJ but boxers well they will only ever be good at boxing.

The hate mma fans have towards boxing is so funny sometimes
fair point.

I love how kickboxers like Wonderboy can learn to defend takedowns but no way an elite athlete in boxing could learn lol BJJ can learn how to stike, wrestlers can learn BJJ but boxers well they will only ever be good at boxing.

The hate mma fans have towards boxing is so funny sometimes

Well it's a pretty fuckin big 'if' factor. Just because Wonderboy managed to do it you can't just brush it off as a simple tweak/non-issue

The athletes in Boxing are way superior to Kickboxing.

Only makes sense it would be easier for them to pick up the other martial arts over some wrestler or BJJ or kickboxing guy who is competing against inferior athletes in comparison

mma fans believe mma is something special that nobody else is capable of learning. just like they believe bjj is some cheat code for winning a street fight against any person on earth no matter what their size or background (which to be fair is just them falling for marketing).

Lol Teddy is so emotional! I remember when he used to train Povetkin, he was always going full emo on Povetkin, dude doesn't understands English. Hilarious stuff! How do you even start to translate Teddy's words to Russian? Lmao

Great to hear him respect the grappling art. Much better to hear this than the typical " I aint gone get beat by some motherfucken joojitsu bullsheet!"

That's an equivocation on "Mixed Martial Arts".

Yes, mixing of multiple martial arts is a "mix of martial arts"... but when we say "mixed martial arts" (noun), we're referring to the sport of MMA as defined and sanctioned by the Athletic Commissions.

PRIDE had MMA matches with special rules. The Floyd-McGoober boxing match has special rules. Why you so mad?

With biting allowed

2 possible opponents available:

image5.jpg

hyena-720x540.jpg

He better work on his ground game. Because if anybody stands and bangs with him is just stupid.

PRIDE had MMA matches with special rules. The Floyd-McGoober boxing match has special rules. Why you so mad?
irrelevant red herring.

I wasted a minute explaining to you the difference between a mix of martial arts, and 'mixed martial arts' (noun). stop crying

He better work on his ground game. Because if anybody stands and bangs with him is just stupid.
There will be no 'ground game' though... because he states pretty clearly that other boxers failed at "ground and pound" aspect of the game... and of course, no-submissions....

I sucessfully trolled you so hard you posted the most embarracing post of the day. have a good one.

Wow, your parents are proud, dude.

You don't know the guy, he said he is involved in martial arts for decades. For some, it may be surprising that an mma fighter can submit a boxer.

Every English HW claims theyre ready to bang in MMA

Didn't Haye and Fury say the same shit?

Put up or shut your damn mouth about the arts

So Joshua wants a muay thai or kickboxing fight in a cage, not an mma fight.
I recommend Glory or Lion fight.
Give him Rico or Badr.

He is not going to fight, he is just saying it to look tough.

Aside from Cain who do you really see taking him down in the HW division anyways? Stipe would probably even try to stand with him like a damn fool.

Roy Jones fought mma?

The only thing I can recall is that he fought an mma fighter in a boxing match, wasn't all that long ago either. AJ getting his wires crossed me thinks.

irrelevant red herring.

I wasted a minute explaining to you the difference between a mix of martial arts, and 'mixed martial arts' (noun). stop crying

You're an idiot.

Back