Anthony Joshua is the future GOAT HW

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
1461610539-Anthony-Joshua.jpg

6f6, 256 lb of power and steel

could be. could also get ko'd in his next fight and completely derailed.

he's young. let him have a few more big fights before we get too excited about all time rankings.

What a well thought out thread.

This thread is at least 10 years early! I would say he's got 4 guys he has to beat before he can claim to be the best currently. And fury/Ortiz are pickem fights at this point in time

Way too early to say that. Fury and Ortiz look tough for him on paper, if Wlad has his rematch it is far from a gimme fight too. He should be able to beat Wilder and Parker but like you know...he hasnt even fought any of these guys yet. So yeah, sliiiiiightly premature.

He may surpass his Hugeness the great Primo Carnera.

Breazeale says what most non-biased boxing fans think in regards to Joshua and Wilder.

Why do people use the term goat, how can you be the future goat, you're either the greatest of all time or not dumb dumb.

Eh , big maybe there hasn't been an awe inspiring hw in a long long time

i dont care for these sort of threads

just appreciatte we have a heavyweight champ who is big, knocks people out and doesnt mind fighting anyone, and he's not a fucking asshole either

i dont care for these sort of threads

just appreciatte we have a heavyweight champ who is big, knocks people out and doesnt mind fighting anyone, and he's not a fucking asshole either

I can agree with this

He could be. But he's hurtable. He's the most exciting HW to watch though because he goes for it and is willing to fight. Can't help but feel he'll catch a big shot one day and get beat. I think it's just a matter of time but Wlad and Lennox both had hiccups along their prestigious careers.

Not to sure just yet. The heavyweight division is getting good. Wilder, Parker, Povetikin, Pulev and Ortiz are all good potential match ups with some being very dangerous. There is also Tony Yoka who is a french 2016 Gold medalist and he should be making his debut very soon. Also the silver medalist Joe Joyce from UK is another good potential opponent. Both those guys are around the same height as AJ.

He could be. But he's hurtable. He's the most exciting HW to watch though because he goes for it and is willing to fight. Can't help but feel he'll catch a big shot one day and get beat. I think it's just a matter of time but Wlad and Lennox both had hiccups along their prestigious careers.

yeah, he is beatable, that is obvious, but its what makes him exciting now i think

he is a big guy, and obviously runs out of steam now and again, but he has shown he can get past that, and he can also be hurt(lets be honest...anyone being right handed by Wlad flush is hurt) and recover

he's just a big strong young guy, who is exciting, and when he loses, i will look forward to his next fight just as much, because he doesnt seem to be as calculated as the likes of Lewis(who played it safe in a lot of fights) and i think he will always be a balls to the wall kind of guy

id love to see him and Wilder get rid of Ortiz, Parker and Povetkin and then fight each other

i get the sneaky feeling it may be up to Joshua to get those guys out of the picture though

Not to sure just yet. The heavyweight division is getting good. Wilder, Parker, Povetikin, Pulev and Ortiz are all good potential match ups with some being very dangerous. There is also Tony Yoka who is a french 2016 Gold medalist and he should be making his debut very soon. Also the silver medalist Joe Joyce from UK is another good potential opponent. Both those guys are around the same height as AJ.

I wasn't that impressed with Tony Yoka at the Olympics and thought he got the benefit of a dodgy decision. But then AJ did too at the Olympics. Joe Joyce reminds me of a young George Foreman, not the fleetest boxer but big and strong.

If I recall correctly, GOAT = Greatest of all time. I think that there are a whole slew of heavyweights that are probably laughing a deep and hearty laugh in their graves right now.

I'm not saying he can't be, but I think he gets too much money too quickly and his desire to compete burns out within the next couple of years. I think, for a man that is already contemplating retirement in the next five years, he is mentally putting a cap on himself. He can't become a GOAT in five years anyway. I just don't see it happening, not even in the conversation for "greatest of all time". So many other fighters. But maybe; time will tell.

I wasn't that impressed with Tony Yoka at the Olympics and thought he got the benefit of a dodgy decision. But then AJ did too at the Olympics. Joe Joyce reminds me of a young George Foreman, not the fleetest boxer but big and strong.

Both Joyce and Yoka appear to have plenty of flaws. Not that the likes of Joshua and Wilder didn't either at similar points in their careers, but neither man strikes me as someone who will become a special HW.

Back