~Anthony Johnson vs Jimi Manuwa ~ (Hypothetical)

This would be a fun fight. Manuwa throws bombs but Rumble is just too crisp for him IMO.

huge step back for Rumble. He just beat a top 5 now he gonna fight an unranked coming off a loss??

Right because one win in the UFC means you shouldn't be fighting anyone ranked lower than the last guy you beat. Tell me why AJ was fighting Phil Davis who had just beaten Machida a higher ranked opponent??

Manuwa deserves this fight as much as Johnson deserved one against Davis. I would like to see this fight and for me AJ has yet to even prove he can consistently perform in the octagon. Maybe you didn't catch his first three go arounds?

Guy gets one win and people start hanging off his nuts pretending nobody should be afforded the same opportunity he was given.

It's a good match but I don't think it's right for those guys right now with one winning and the other losing.

I'd rather see Johnson fight Maldonado and Manuwa fight Phil Davis.

Right because one win in the UFC means you shouldn't be fighting anyone ranked lower than the last guy you beat. Tell me why AJ was fighting Phil Davis who had just beaten Machida a higher ranked opponent??

Manuwa deserves this fight as much as Johnson deserved one against Davis. I would like to see this fight and for me AJ has yet to even prove he can consistently perform in the octagon. Maybe you didn't catch his first go around?

maybe u didnt catch Manuwa already getting gifted a fight he didnt deserve and getting finished. So now he should get another top 5 guy he doesnt deserve so he can be finished again??

oh, that makes total sense and if he loses just let him fight Rashad next.... amirite??

also maybe u didnt realize Rumble had won 6 in a row, 5 via TKO/KO, before getting that Davis fight. Not like he was coming off a KO loss....

maybe u didnt catch Manuwa already getting gifted a fight he didnt deserve and getting finished. So now he should get another top 5 guy he doesnt deserve so he can be finished again??

oh, that makes total sense and if he loses just let him fight Rashad next.... amirite??

Last time I checked Manuwa actually won fights in the UFC before getting his fight with Gus, how many did AJ win? So if anyone was "gifted" a shot it was Johnson and Gus was coming off A LOSS when he fought Manuwa. WAS PHIL DAVIS COMING OFF A LOSS? Get a clue, Johnson proved my point by beating Davis in a fight he didn't deserve so keep talking kid and yes Johnson had been given numerous chances at guys he didn't deserve to be fighting, ever heard of Vitor Belfort? So Manuwa loses once to a higher ranked opponent and he should never be given another shot? Wow am I ever glad you're not the match maker.

Last time I checked Manuwa actually won fights in the UFC before getting his fight with Gus, how many did AJ win? So if anyone was "gifted" a shot it was Johnson and Gus was coming off A LOSS when he fought Manuwa. WAS PHIL DAVIS COMING OFF A LOSS? Get a clue, Johnson proved my point by beating Davis in a fight he didn't deserve so keep talking kid.

again, Rumble won 6 fights in a row before coming back to the UFC and was finishing ppl left n right.

Manuwa got gifted a shot vs a guy who some ppl think just beat the greatest LHW of all time and got finished. Its not the same thing. Saying "kid" to somebody older than you also doesnt make you look wise. Neither does using caps thinking it proves your point in some BOLDER manner. Kid.

Now instead of letting a prospect grow you want to feed Manuaw to the lions again. Then when he loses where does that leave him?? I am glad you arent the match maker as you could easily totally kill off hype trains before they even get going by feeding guys like Jimi to the lions from the get go.

let him rack up a few wins in a row (you know, like Rumble did) vs lesser comp and then maybe he is ready for another top 5 guy. Rumble has paid his dues for a long time, made some huge mistakes. Joe Silva was testing him with this fight more than anything because of his past. It wasnt really a gift, it was a test. He passed with flying colors. Jimi got tested and failed. Now he needs to win a couple before thinking of some top contender type fights. Rumble has won 7 in a row. I dont think Jimi needs that much but at least 1 or 2 before going against a top guy again.

This fight makes no sense, I have no clue why people are calling for it. Manuwa fans think he deserves these big fights for whatever reason

This fight makes no sense, I have no clue why people are calling for it. Manuwa fans think he deserves these big fights for whatever reason

he has big muscles and is athletic and explosive. top 5 fights 4 life. case closed.

or how bout MAULER VS. RUMBLE!?!? give Gus a chance to decisively beat a top 10 lhw, something he's NEVER DONE!!!

he has big muscles and is athletic and explosive. top 5 fights 4 life. case closed.

Lol, somebody needs to explain this shit to. He gets crushed by Gustafsson and now he deserves another top 5 fight? His fans are constantly calling for these big fights that he has done nothing to earn

Maybe they see something we don't. I've just seen this entitlement from them since day 1, like this guy deserves these big fights without any reason to it. Why would AJ take a huge step back to fight this guy

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are suggesting AJ to face non top 10 members after he beat Phil Davis, that makes absolutely no sense at all

Somehow losing to Gus made Manuwa a top five LHW in the minds of a lot of delusional fans.

An American warrior vs a limp wristed Brit? Did the Revolutionary War not teach you anything? Hendo/Bisping?

Just kidding. Manuwa by TKO.

Somehow losing to Gus made Manuwa a top five LHW in the minds of a lot of delusional fans.

He gets crushed by Gustafsson, and now he should fight top 5 Anthony Johnson on a 7 fight winning streak, coming off a loss...? With his best win being Ryan Jimmo...shit has just been mind boggling to me since day 1, like everybody is here to serve Jimi Manuwa. Why would Rumble take a step back to fight this guy

Last edited:
Idc if it's a fun fight. Manuwa needs a rebound fight. He beat a top 15(or 20) fighter in Jimmo. Then fought Gus who is #2.
Manuwa should get someone outside of top 10.

AJ should get a No.1 contender's match. Even though Gus is lined up, then Cormier after he likely whoops on Hendo.

Although I can kinda see something happening and Cormier having to fight AJ after Hendo.

manuwa should fight bader, davis, feijao or something.

rumble deserves a big fight, like glover

AJ just threw himself into contendership, saying he shouldnt fight anyone under his 5th rank is something I tend to agree with but doesn't the ranking system in the top 10 really don't mean much?

How do we work this situation out? All of the guys above AJ are booked or injured, what should he do... Risk his spot in the rankings fighting someone lower than him who IS available to fight (Manuawa, Bader/Feijao winner, Glover?) tell me who is their for him to fight? He's kinda put in a predicament now where he's floating around waiting for these guys to fight to see who's next for him.

I would agree with giving him a shot after Gus and then the DC/Hendo winner if he wins another fight or 2 with guys inside the top 10 either above or below him.

Back