Anthony Johnson the only guy who can beat Jones.

Lyoto Machida and Daniel Cormier are as good as they get skill wise... They have the potential to win the first round or 2, but at round 3 all of that darting in and out will always gass them out and Jones will take control.

034_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.1500941964.jpg

Alexander Gustafsson and OSP.... less skilled than the 2 names above, but during fight night they did much better from their size alone. Jones has a problem with guys his own size, he can't bully them.
047_Jon_Jones_and_Alexander_Gustafsson.1379715216.1496011476.jpg

Anthony Johnson has the KO power and SIZE. This is something Jones should fear in the octogon, if anthony stops the takedown that would be huge also. This guy could knock Jones out in round 1-2.
jon-jones-anthony-johnson-dana-white.jpg

Thread title is ridiculous considering Gus already arguably beat him in a 5 round war.

Jon Jones is mainly a wrestler, he would 100% take Rumble down ...
There's no doubt he would use his wrestling because he always implements his wrestling, but he also has a ton of faith in his striking. He'd stand with Rumble more than wrestle him I guarantee.

I think the guys had an OK plan in that fight, Rumble just didn’t follow it.

As far as your other point, in the past 5 years Rumble won a single fight by decision, all his other fights were decided by a first round KO, except the Manuwa fight which I think was stopped right at the start of the second. I guess you could say that doesn’t prove anything, but it sure looks like he struggles if his opponent can handle his power and wrestle him.

I agree, although in fairness you could say the same for any knockout artist.

Vitor Belfort, for example. Ngannou too.

Brother we can dance back & forth on this day & night the simple truth is Rumble brings nothing but power, bad cardio, and a weak heart when he gets into the grind of a fight. he left the game 22-6 5 of his 6 losses came by submission, what does that tell you fight fan?

Jones is 22-1 his lone loss a DQ. Jones as shown little in the ways of fight holes AJ glaring holes, but you want me to believe because Rumble's power is the complete game changer because he's awesome for the first 1.5 rds in a 3 or 5rd fight. MMA math as f*k all to do with anything just facts man....

And you are still trying to argue a point no-one has questioned..
<{MindBrown}>

Where the fuck are you even getting the argument that Johnson's skill set is superior to Jones?

And you are still trying to argue a point no-one has questioned..
<{MindBrown}>

Where the fuck are you even getting the argument that Johnson's skill set is superior to Jones?

<{MindBrown}> What on Gods green earth are you talking about man? I'm arguing the extreme opposite son, have you not been following our back & forth, let it go man you starting to get discombobulated trying to keep up with me..

So you're saying he beats Jones because he's big & strong and has KO power...? Like Jones hasn't dealt with the same formula before, C'Mon Man...?

Even though I wouldn't give Johnson more than a punchers chance, Jones honestly hasn't fought anybody with rumbles combination of one punch stopping power, speed and wrestling ability.

He's fought guys with better wrestling, or more technically sound striking than Johnson but not that type of power, and not with the combination of all three.

This was my post that has somehow led to you trying to compare techniques and using MMAth, and you continued on:

And yet DC choked out Rumble 2X without much trouble. Rumble as never faced anyone with Jon's craftiness and cage smarts accept for maybe DC and we know how that turned out in two tries...

Again .. doesn't relate to my post

And I can turn it right back around and ask who as Rumble faced with Jones craftiness, creativity, cage smarts, distance keeper, you keep going on about his power & wrestling but I still saw DC get by it and DC's wrestling greater than Rumble's.
We agree on Puncher's Chance for Rumble beside from power, there is no other skillset in the cage where AJ comes close to being a threat to Jones....

Again, never compared the skill-set of Rumble to Bones.

Brother we can dance back & forth on this day & night the simple truth is Rumble brings nothing but power, bad cardio, and a weak heart when he gets into the grind of a fight. he left the game 22-6 5 of his 6 losses came by submission, what does that tell you fight fan?
Jones
is 22-1 his lone loss a DQ. Jones as shown little in the ways of fight holes AJ glaring holes, but you want me to believe because Rumble's power is the complete game changer because he's awesome for the first 1.5 rds in a 3 or 5rd fight. MMA math as f*k all to do with anything just facts man....

What the fuck does that have to do with any of my post on this thread?
<{MindBrown}> What on Gods green earth are you talking about man? I'm arguing the extreme opposite son, have you not been following our back & forth, let it go man you starting to get discombobulated trying to keep up with me..

I couldn't keep up with you but you failed to understand my initial post on the subject ..
ffce0456c76ba95e9b4a50034f4a0ee4--the-boondocks-the-planets.jpg

This was my post that has somehow led to you trying to compare techniques and using MMAth, and you continued on:

Again .. doesn't relate to my post

Again, never compared the skill-set of Rumble to Bones.

What the fuck does that have to do with any of my post on this thread?

I couldn't keep up with you but you failed to understand my initial post on the subject ..
ffce0456c76ba95e9b4a50034f4a0ee4--the-boondocks-the-planets.jpg

Shut it down son you're trying way too hard to save face...
tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back