Anthony Johnson the only guy who can beat Jones.

Can we please clarify if we are talking about Jon Jones on performance enhancing drugs or natural please?

The guy hasn't proven he can beat any top 5 205 lb fighter without the roids at this time.

If Gus got to fight natural Jones, Gus would have a very good chance of beating him. Same with DC.

My god dude you’re so annnoying. Not even going to argue with you. “Casual fan confirmed”. How can you have a proper arguement with someone who won’t respect your opinion? .

Think you’re right if you want. Also I did mention how he was a stylistic nightmare match up which is why it’s annoying that you’re saying i haven’t mentioned why. I’m not going to continue to repeat myself. Have a good day

Later Casual....
tenor.gif

And yet DC choked out Rumble 2X without much trouble. Rumble as never faced anyone with Jon's craftiness and cage smarts accept for maybe DC and we know how that turned out in two tries...

That is true, which is why I said from the start I wouldn't give Rumble more than a punchers chance. But that still doesn't change the fact that Jones has never fought somebody like Rumble. Who has Jones faced that has consistently shown the type of knockout power that we saw from Johnson, with his speed in his punches and his wrestling ability?

Jones has never fought somebody like Rumble. Who has Jones faced that has consistently shown the type of knockout power that we saw from Johnson, with his speed in his punches and his wrestling ability?

And I can turn it right back around and ask who as Rumble faced with Jones craftiness, creativity, cage smarts, distance keeper, you keep going on about his power & wrestling but I still saw DC get by it and DC's wrestling greater than Rumble's.
We agree on Puncher's Chance for Rumble beside from power, there is no other skillset in the cage where AJ comes close to being a threat to Jones....

I truly believed in only three people that would possibly have a shot at beating Jones.

Machida, Gus, and Rumble. One shot from Rumble would have ended his night, and we all know Bones would stand and bang.

For the record, I never thought DC would beat Jones because I always saw that Jones was a step ahead. I never believed that DC could beat Bones.

IF Rumble comes in to actually fight (Not DC 2) , he either A knocks Jones into next year or B Gets broken down and wilts. Jones breaks guys.

Lyoto Machida and Daniel Cormier are as good as they get skill wise... They have the potential to win the first round or 2, but at round 3 all of that darting in and out will always gass them out and Jones will take control.

034_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.1500941964.jpg

Alexander Gustafsson and OSP.... less skilled than the 2 names above, but during fight night they did much better from their size alone. Jones has a problem with guys his own size, he can't bully them.
047_Jon_Jones_and_Alexander_Gustafsson.1379715216.1496011476.jpg

Anthony Johnson has the KO power and SIZE. This is something Jones should fear in the octogon, if anthony stops the takedown that would be huge also. This guy could knock Jones out in round 1-2.
jon-jones-anthony-johnson-dana-white.jpg
Usada bless

And I can turn it right back around and ask who as Rumble faced with Jones craftiness, creativity, cage smarts, distance keeper, you keep going on about his power & wrestling but I still saw DC get by it and DC's wrestling greater than Rumble's.
We agree on Puncher's Chance for Rumble beside from power, there is no other skillset in the cage where AJ comes close to being a threat to Jones....

It was never a question of whether Johnson has faced an opponent like Jones, if I'm not mistaken, you claimed Jones has faced plenty of people like Johnson, which simply is not true. Asking who has AJ faced is completely irrelevant in this discussion.

Also, you're using MMAth when DC and Jones are two entirely different animals, their striking is different, their grappling is different, completely different body types and we truly have no idea of how well Jones would take a shot from Johnson.

It was never a question of whether Johnson has faced an opponent like Jones, if I'm not mistaken, you claimed Jones has faced plenty of people like Johnson, which simply is not true. Asking who has AJ faced is completely irrelevant in this discussion.

Also, you're using MMAth when DC and Jones are two entirely different animals, their striking is different, their grappling is different, completely different body types and we truly have no idea of how well Jones would take a shot from Johnson.

Brother we can dance back & forth on this day & night the simple truth is Rumble brings nothing but power, bad cardio, and a weak heart when he gets into the grind of a fight. he left the game 22-6 5 of his 6 losses came by submission, what does that tell you fight fan?

Jones is 22-1 his lone loss a DQ. Jones as shown little in the ways of fight holes AJ glaring holes, but you want me to believe because Rumble's power is the complete game changer because he's awesome for the first 1.5 rds in a 3 or 5rd fight. MMA math as f*k all to do with anything just facts man....

Last edited:
I'd have considered Jones a massive favorite in that fight, although Johnson could definitely have knocked him into tomorrow.

Fight's never happening though. Even if Rumble returned, by the time Jones comes back Rumble wouldn't be able to make the cut from 500 pounds.

maxresdefault.jpg
Honestly, this fight would have been the definition of one guy having a “punchers’ chance”. Rumble has a bad habit of quitting in fights that aren’t going his way. If he doesn’t lay Jones out early (and he can, his hands are dynamite) then he’s subbed.

They could fight 100 times and it would never go beyond 2 rounds.

Brother we can dance back & forth on this day & night the simple truth is Rumble brings nothing but power, bad cardio, and a weak heart when he gets into the grind of a fight. he left the game 22-6 5 of his 6 losses came by submission, what does that tell you fight fan?

Jones is 22-1 his lone loss a DQ. Jones as shown little in the ways of fight holes AJ glaring holes, but you want me to believe because Rumble's power is the complete game changer because he's awesome for the first 1.5 rds in a 3 or 5rd fight. MMA as f*k all to do with anything just facts man....
Against a fighter of Jones’ calibre, Rumble wouldn’t be awesome for 1.5 rounds. He’d have a round at best. If it’s not done by then, you know Jones will dictate where the fight goes and Rumble will become Crumble very quickly.

Against a fighter of Jones’ calibre, Rumble wouldn’t be awesome for 1.5 rounds. He’d have a round at best. If it’s not done by then, you know Jones will dictate where the fight goes and Rumble will become Crumble very quickly.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that Johnson has only lost to Cormier in the last 6 years...he's perhaps not as mentally weak as people say he is. Although his 'game plan' in the second DC fight was atrocious

I think it's worth bearing in mind that Johnson has only lost to Cormier in the last 6 years...he's perhaps not as mentally weak as people say he is. Although his 'game plan' in the second DC fight was atrocious
I think the guys had an OK plan in that fight, Rumble just didn’t follow it.

As far as your other point, in the past 5 years Rumble won a single fight by decision, all his other fights were decided by a first round KO, except the Manuwa fight which I think was stopped right at the start of the second. I guess you could say that doesn’t prove anything, but it sure looks like he struggles if his opponent can handle his power and wrestle him.

Its going to be a long night if rumble doesnt quit right away.

He never fought Johnson... and if you think DC has the same KO power as Johnson..?? You are crazy man..
Dc choked jonson out. Imagine what johnny would do to him

Gus never even touched a belt in his life... c'mon now. Machida is a Middleweight and still got the LHW strap... Gus can't even defend himself in side control.
Machida beat Rashad Evans for the belt... Gus had to beat Jon Jones and Daniel fucking Cormier. The Phil Davis fight was 8 years ago haha. Machida can't defend a fucking guillotine choke. Gus took both DC and Jon Jones down. Who is more well rounded?

Jones is done at LHW. By the time he comes back Gus will be LHW champ, and Jones doesn't want anymore of him. He'll move up to HW. If he does - then Uber Rumble will be waiting him.

Fully agreed @Codpiece I have no idea why these people trying to convince me that Rumble is such a threat to Jones because he ownz heavy hands. When the book on Rumble is a easy Dr. Suess read avoid the big power for the 1st rd let him chase and wind himself then snatch that back & neck. Brains over Power even Belfort played that card against him...

Back