Anthony Bourdain kills himself

I don’t get this one at all...

Makes me think of when David Carradine died. Bourdain offing himself during a shoot is really strange. But the wacking off while choking deal seems like something a rich old guy that eats awesome food would do.

RIP Bourdain.

I would have never guessed. He seemed really well adjusted. Whatever he was going through, he sure did hide it from the camera well.

For those who may not know Bourdain was a blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu. He won gold in 2016 at an IBJJF tournament.

Damn, what's going on?

The other day it was that fashion designer Kate Spade, now him!

Hell no, he'd probably have you trying something like tempura battered yak anus. You know how hard it would be to find a good matching microbrew for tempura battered yak anus...
heh. Anthony was not a 'shock' chef seeking out the gross stuff to eat just because. His view simply was that all parts of the animal were food and should not be wasted and if the local's ate it he would want to share with them what they ate.

I greatly admire that and have been on a journey to build my tolerance for just that reason. Not that I want to eat 'yak anus' because as you say matching it with the right microbrew would be challenging, but if i was in Mongolia and had the great honour to be invited by Mongolian locals to a traditional dinner and Yak Anus was on the menu I would like to be able to share it (and the experience) with them.

Many saw him as living an idealistic life and the embodiment of the Dos Esquis, most interesting man in any room, caricature.

He has spoken about his demons from the not so far past with regards to heroin and other serious drug abuse, being homeless and other problems but it looked as if he had put all those behind him and was now at peace with his past.

Just goes to show that the outward shell is not always reflective of the inner self, if indeed this was suicide.

Safe travels in the after life Mr Bourdain and I will raise a glass of cheer to you this evening as the way I believe you would like to go out and be remembered. I enjoyed your shows immensely and they are a big part of my love of travel and adventure and getting off the beaten path and discovering the cities outside the tourist areas. I have seen every episode of every one of your shows and visited, to many to count, of the places you have stopped in on your travels and never been disappointed. Thank you for that exposure.

It sounds cliché but you never put those demons behind you. Recovery is an everyday battle for many people no matter how long they've been sober.

He had TDD(Trump derangement disorder). Huge fan of his food shows but his politics sucked. Hung out with terrorist shitbags like Obama.

Stuff like this I don’t get.

Despite how long he was clean he was still a heroin addict in the past. Most people just don't become heroin addicts.

This just goes to show that addiction and mental health problems don't go away. It's constant battle for those who suffer from it.

Damn, what's going on?

The other day it was that fashion designer Kate Spade, now him!
I wonder if all the traveling and seeing the world has anything to do with it. Especially him he has been to some pretty shit places

I wonder if all the traveling and seeing the world has anything to do with it. Especially him he has been to some pretty shit places

Again the guy was a recovering heroin addict. He's probably been suffering with mental health problems most of his adult life.

RIP Bourdain.

I would have never guessed. He seemed really well adjusted. Whatever he was going through, he sure did hide it from the camera well.

I liked him but he was anything but well adjusted

He was a hardcore never trumper.

He had one of the best jobs in the world.
He was rich and famous
He was critically acclaimed both by the public and his peers
He had a beautiful wife, along with a kid.

Yet he still topped himself.

Happiness is a really hard thing to figure out. Some people can be perceived to have everything and still feel like their lives are not worth living.

You are correct, as we've seen it happen over and over to famous and wealthy people. Happiness comes from within. That may seem trite but its absolutely true. Some people are happy regardless of situation, rich or poor. There is no accounting for that but to say the things of the world never really bring happiness, its something you have within you.

Back