Anthony Bourdain kills himself

Wow first Kate spade and now Anthony bourdaine. Depression affects everyone no matter how rich successful you are

Sometimes it affects them more. When you have everything you ever wanted and still aren't satisfied with your life. No other goals to strive toward.

Man that's sad, just goes you show you never really know what's going on in people's heads.

Sometimes it affects them more. When you have everything you ever wanted and still aren't satisfied with your life. No other goals to strive toward.
Yeah, we need to struggle to feel right imo.

Celebrity deaths don’t bother me. This one does. He was, without a doubt, my “I if you could have dinner with anybody.” guy.
Hell no, he'd probably have you trying something like tempura battered yak anus. You know how hard it would be to find a good matching microbrew for tempura battered yak anus...

The problem is that his projected image was of a rock star life style that a lot of people here idolized.
And we know (well, should know) by now that projected image isn't all there is to a person. You only see what he wants you to see. He's not going to advertise his mental/emotional problems and how badly they are affecting him

He had one of the best jobs in the world.
He was rich and famous
He was critically acclaimed both by the public and his peers
He had a beautiful wife, along with a kid.

Yet he still topped himself.

Happiness is a really hard thing to figure out. Some people can be perceived to have everything and still feel like their lives are not worth living.

It just shows that mental illnesses are actual illnesses, they affect people regardless of their initial well-being. Lots of people still belittle depression despite the copious amount of evidence that it is a serious condition that needs medical attention.

He had one of the best jobs in the world.
He was rich and famous
He was critically acclaimed both by the public and his peers
He had a beautiful wife, along with a kid.

Yet he still topped himself.

Happiness is a really hard thing to figure out. Some people can be perceived to have everything and still feel like their lives are not worth living.
he fucked one of his crew so he split up with his wife a while ago

This surprises me because he seemed to like himself. He drank and ate and traveled and fucked and none of that could help his illness.

I enjoyed his shows, No Reservations and Parts Unknown, and read his book. Who knows what's going on behind the public persona. RIP.

I don’t get this one at all...

Vegas Odds:

Child trafficker 1:1
drug dealer in adreno blood: 3:1
whore arranger for CNN: 5:1
CIA agent: 7:15
Reptoid/Vampire: 8:1
CNN Goatse: 4:1
High priest of the synagogue of Satan: 10:1
Cooker of human meat/cannibal: 12:1

Many saw him as living an idealistic life and the embodiment of the Dos Esquis, most interesting man in any room, caricature.

He has spoken about his demons from the not so far past with regards to heroin and other serious drug abuse, being homeless and other problems but it looked as if he had put all those behind him and was now at peace with his past.

Just goes to show that the outward shell is not always reflective of the inner self, if indeed this was suicide.

Safe travels in the after life Mr Bourdain and I will raise a glass of cheer to you this evening as the way I believe you would like to go out and be remembered. I enjoyed your shows immensely and they are a big part of my love of travel and adventure and getting off the beaten path and discovering the cities outside the tourist areas. I have seen every episode of every one of your shows and visited, to many to count, of the places you have stopped in on your travels and never been disappointed. Thank you for that exposure.

what the fuck, man this sucks i really liked the guy, rest in peace bro, and also suicide? that shit doesnt even make sense, didnt seem like the type of person who would kill himself, the fuck happened

I'm heartbroken. I just finished his second book.... He was one of my idols...

Fuck!!!!

I really liked that guy, from the few episodes i saw of him etc.

Hell no, he'd probably have you trying something like tempura battered yak anus. You know how hard it would be to find a good matching microbrew for tempura battered yak anus...
Trusty old Sierra Nevada pale ale is the ticket with yak anus, no matter the preparation.

Back