Anthony Bourdain implies Rogan is a bully in bjj, other people confirm.

He might be overcompensating for never having fought

He might be overcompensating for never having fought
this.

He can sit off to the sides with his BJJ and TKD black belts so people wonder if he would have been a decent fighter. He overcompensates, but real fighters know he'd get his arse handed to him.

I'd fuck Rogan up in a TKD fight if he tried to rough me up. I'd inside crescent kick him into next week's podcast.

kO9ZCBB.gif
lmfao

"I'm not rolling with that guy, it hurts. He does not roll light, he goes really really hard. He's a neck cranker, by the way, and he's got bowling balls for arms, no visible neck, and he only rolls with no gi. So as much as I love the guy, I'll do anything with him; shoot animals in the brain, canoe trip, hot tubbing, whatever. But I'm not rolling with the guy."

Redditors' reactions:

"I have heard a few people over the years say that he gorilla fucks when he rolls, almost irrespective of skill level"

"Even Danny Castillo was complaining on how hard Rogan was cranking during their instructional roll."

"The one video I've seen of him rolling shows exactly this. He was rolling with a MySpace troll or something, who clearly had little to no training - and Rogan's FUCKS him up with mostly strength instead of being calmer and more technical about it."

"I've rolled with Rogan before and he definitely goes hard. He wears head gear and a nut cup, both of which will be rubbed into your face. He also loves to go for neck grabs, head pulls into guillotine... also loved the crossface with the forearm both from bottom and on top."

Is that really Bourdain's reddit?

I hunt myself and I'll gladly call trophy hunters like Rogan and Mendes out any day of the week. Fuck them and their pussy "hunting trips". They pay real hunters thousands of dollars to do all of the work then just pull the trigger, shoot an exotic animal they don't even eat, take some pictures and make rugs and wall hangers out of it. That's not hunting to me.
Exactly. Fuck that. Eat what you kill.

I didn't know there WAS such a thing as light or slow rolling for probably two years after training sub wrestling.

You get better fast when you're getting ground to dog-shit paste four nights a week.

Slow and light rolls are great for technique but you've gotta put the pedal to the metal to get good at no-gi, IMHO. It's slick and fast and I wonder if that's Anthony's issue with it more than Rogan donkey-fucking guys any more than what happened every night of the week at my gym. Bourdain is a gi guy.

Sounds douchey. This is what happens when you give manlets the knowledge of these deadly arts. Their little man complexes turn them into the bullies they hated so much when they were little(r).

"Look at me and my gorilla kettlebells, I'll fuck you up, I'm alpha!!!"

Feed him to CM Punk.
Hahaha what is your av from and how have I never seen that?

He handpicks who he wants to puff up on. Comedians and random people on the street are his comfort zone.
pretty much, he just doesn't talk shit to some guys, he likes to outsmart other guys who aren't fighters

pretty much, he just doesn't talk shit to some guys, he likes to outsmart other guys who aren't fighters

A buddy of mine loves watching his shitty podcast and he told me that Barnett was on there a while back and apparently made Joe look like a fool.

A buddy of mine loves watching his shitty podcast and he told me that Barnett was on there a while back and apparently made Joe look like a fool.
i listen his podcast when the guest is a fighter. Joe just sits there and didn't talk much about controversial stuff or things that the fighter says and he disagree. But in other episodes he laught at fighter's opinions when he didn't had the balls to say anything to the same fighter when he was there.

he doesn't compete professionally, so when he rolls, he rolls hard. once you get to a certain level, that's the only way to advance.

pretty normal. don't know what the big deal is. if he was constantly injuring people in the gym, a la Overeem, then that's different...

Back