Anthem: Official E3 2017 Trailer (upcoming BioWare game to be released Feb-22)

He never quoted you I think he was mostly talking about Arkridge.

Wasn't talking about anyone in particular because I've seen that posted on other forums about the Anthem reveal and that kind of stuff always gets mentioned when they demo co-op with in-game chat. People always say "so cringey" and "nobody talks like that."

Well to be fair, it is cringey, and people don't really talk like that....

d2 will be better than this, i will still def give this a try though.

If you missed it we got a new trailer last month at the Game Awards. This one is dope:

Then today we got an official CES 2019 trailer. It's underwhelming, and doesn't show us anything we haven't already seen:

For those on PC we also got a finalization of minimum system requirements:
Anthem Preliminary Minimum System Requirements Revealed, Alpha Signups Live
Game Debate said:
Anthem Minimum System Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 3.4 GHz or AMD FX-6350 3.9 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB System Memory
  • GPU RAM: 2 GB Video Memory
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 760 or Radeon HD 7970
  • DX: DirectX 11
  • HDD: 50 GB Available Hard Drive Space
Anthem Recommended System Requirements
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1300X 3.5 GHz
  • RAM: 16 GB System Memory
  • GPU RAM: 6 GB Video Memory
  • GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 480
  • DX: DirectX 11
  • HDD: 50 GB Available Hard Drive Space

Last edited:
My mind can't decide if it's excited about this or not. I'll defend bio ware even now, but I'm not quite sure what's supposed to hook me about this one.

If it doesn't have a decent single player story I wont care. I enjoyed Destiny for a bit but it got old and I don't feel like playing another game like that.

Then today we got an official CES 2019 trailer. It's underwhelming, and doesn't show us anything we haven't already seen:

I mean, it looks beautiful and all, but them jacking themselves off to jet packs and pedestrian TPS gameplay is a red flag for me.

"Guys, you get to fly around in a jet pack and shoot shit! Aren't you excited?"

They are either hiding a LOT of stuff, or the gameplay is just as bland as it looks, so they're distracting you with graphics talk. May as well have been an ad for Nvidia.

not exactly convinced, shiny graphics isnt gonna cut it

naa unless my discord gets it in mass ill probably pass. And EA and bioware arent the biggest in there, so far it looks pretty meh.

loooks good and sounds amazing, but so far.....no

Datto posted a video recently showing his gameplay footage from a recent visit to Sweden to meet with the developers. None of it appears exciting...at all. Maybe Destiny / Destiny 2 have kind of worn me out, but the gameplay was just bland and repetitive as all hell. The flying around with a jetpack just looks extremely dull...I don't know how flying around with a jetpack can appear boring, but somehow all the footage I've seen is just underwhelming.
This game has had its own "development hell" and I'm figuring it's going to release is a very minimal state. I also think that bringing in Anita Sarkeesian to speak to the developers was a poor decision. It makes me wonder if they're going to try and force some kind of SJW message into the story.

Really wondering how sales are going to be from this game. I can't think of one person who's tried it or is even excited for it. People just don't seem interested in this game.

Looks pretty great.

For me personally, watching the trailer almost felt nostalgic. A few years back I was a programmer on a competitive card combat game which had a very similar lore (select people chosen to dawn suits to protect against the elements, and scour the dangerous overworld for resources). It was a mobile game that used location tracking, and the way the mechanics played out was that you would go about your regular day, and when you played in the evening we would generate a feed of events for your character. And their moves would mirror yours, just in an alternate reality. So if you went to the school to pick up your kids, you'd get an event later on that your character stumbled across the ruins of a playground. And while there, they might stumble upon someone from a different "tribe" and have to fight over a resource there. And begin combat.

Anyway, I always really liked the idea and the lore, and it was disappointing when the game didn't work out. But it's pretty cool to see something similar play out on a much grander scale.*

For the record, I don't believe they were inspired whatsoever by us. Just a coincidence. It's not the first time for me.

Also, scripted game plays always feel really weird. Even when the voice acting is really good, it feels really bad and inorganic.

$60 Warframe

100%.

I'll still be buying it. I played the closed alpha for about 2 hours early December.

They didn't let you get far into the game but I compare it to warframe also which I put 600 hours in before I had to switch to another game. I'll still be getting this but I agree the comparison is there to warframe and other games like warframe.

Can't wait to see how they fuck this game up with microtransactions and utter bullshit, game looks fun I just have 0 confidence in it, yes I know they said there wont be many microt's or whatever but EA will ALWAYS EA.

At the end of the day EA is behind this and everything EA has had there grubby little paws on the past few years has been an absolute dumpster fire.

Really wondering how sales are going to be from this game. I can't think of one person who's tried it or is even excited for it. People just don't seem interested in this game.
I read a comment on youtube that said:

"This game will either be amazing or a complete failure. there is no in between"

I think thats how everyone feels lol. We're just waiting for reviews

Back