Antarctica Melting 3x Faster Than We Thought

Yep. We figured out how to make it heat up a lot faster than it can on its own.
Are we all collectively God, or which one of you amazing men should I begin praying to

I'm ok with it. This will only become a problem to future generations and they can fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.

I'm ok with it. This will only become a problem to future generations and they can fuck themselves as far as I'm concerned.
Okay, but that means you're out of the larger conversation. Don't need ya. Peace.

National Geographic earlier this year says the Antarctic ice is growing not melting.

Antarctic ice also was at record highs back in 2014.

Sounds like things freeze and melt in cycles. Imagine that

there was a LOT of sea-ice recently in Antarctica. record numbers. that might be what youre referring to. but thats because it had slid off the land (meaning, its gotten warmer there).

if you dump a cup of ice in your pool, youll have more ice in it than there previously was. does that mean that the climate at your house has changed? no, and the ice will melt.

It's pretty gay to act like 25 cm of sea level rise in 100 years is a super big deal

So has anyone figured how to make the planet stop doing planetary things yet

if you piss in your pool over and over....what happens? the chemistry changes, and you have to go buy more chemicals to put in your pool to fix it. if you take rocks out of the ground for over a century, and turn them into gas, what will happen? nothing? nothing is a silly thing to expect.

I'll start believing in man made global warming as soon as rich fucks that live on Newport Bay, start abandoning their homes.

if tides are rising at alarming rates, I expect that stunners on Balboa that go for 30M will be abandoned. Someone please wake me up when that happens, proof is in the pudding.

That's a good point. If people like Al GORE keep telling us our lifestyle is literally ending the world as we know it and there will be mass chaos, starvation and death from climate change, I'll believe it when it's so damn dire and upon us that people like him actually go out of their way to reduce their carbon footprint. They never do, keep on flying around the world in fuel guzzling private planes, cruising in yachts that befoul the ocean, own a dozen homes that are takencare of when no one loves in them at the time, etc.

Guess it's not that fucking dire to get them to change their lifestyle.

tell that to Bangladesh. miami.

Tell Miami to quit using A/C and everyone to quit using their cars then.

Shit isn’t going to happen on a world wide scale. Even if the US did something internally.

if you piss in your pool over and over....what happens? the chemistry changes, and you have to go buy more chemicals to put in your pool to fix it. if you take rocks out of the ground for over a century, and turn them into gas, what will happen? nothing? nothing is a silly thing to expect.
Ok?

So what are you suggesting? Sounds to me like you think mankind needs to disappear. I dont see anything else rearranging the planet like us.

Tell Miami to quit using A/C and everyone to quit using their cars then.

bahhh you're just being silly now.

only dummies are asking people to do shit like that. there are real policy changes we could make that could possibly impact climate change, and definitely impact regional pollution, without asking people to do dumb stuff like that.

Shit isn’t going to happen on a world wide scale. Even if the US did something internally.

is that your professional opinion?

Ok?

So what are you suggesting? Sounds to me like you think mankind needs to disappear. I dont see anything else rearranging the planet like us.

lol. so man cannot exist without burning fossil fuels? youre being silly.

we need fossil fuels. but we can begin curbing them more now, and embracing cleaner options gradually. step 1 is admitting that fossil fuels are inefficient, finite, and F'ing dirty. the more people like you that attempt to act like there isnt a problem, or if there is a problem its impossible to do anything about, the more likely we'll just keep kicking the can down the road.

will any of this stop climate change? who knows. but its stupid to just do nothing. especially when it will not hurt business, and we can all still drive big ass trucks if we choose.

They're not confused. You're confused. I'd estimate you want people to perceive them as confused because it conforms to silly political prejudices you have.

New Study Brings Antarctic Ice Loss Into Sharper Focus
https://www.nasa.gov/feature/jpl/new-study-brings-antarctic-ice-loss-into-sharper-focus

If that's too complicated for you just go back to watching TV. Let the smart people at NASA sort it out. They got us to the moon. Should carry some street cred.

So they now have new technology? Sweet. Still won’t change a thing.

Political prejudices? You’re a moron. I’m the realist here. Everyone can sit and talk about the issue. But in the end everyone here is going to wake up, take a shower, make a coffee and drive their car to work. Using up allllll that nice energy that is contributing too the problem.

bahhh you're just being silly now.

only dummies are asking people to do shit like that. there are real policy changes we could make that could possibly impact climate change, and definitely impact regional pollution, without asking people to do dumb stuff like that.

is that your professional opinion?

Like? Half the shit in the Paris Accords what what countries were already heading towards they weren’t cutting back on shit.

New technology is a nice step, more funding and a real focus on this would be nice. But no one actually gives a damn. We’ll continue to kick the can down the alley.

lol. so man cannot exist without burning fossil fuels? youre being silly.

we need fossil fuels. but we can begin curbing them more now, and embracing cleaner options gradually. step 1 is admitting that fossil fuels are inefficient, finite, and F'ing dirty. the more people like you that attempt to act like there isnt a problem, or if there is a problem its impossible to do anything about, the more likely we'll just keep kicking the can down the road.

will any of this stop climate change? who knows. but its stupid to just do nothing. especially when it will not hurt business, and we can all still drive big ass trucks if we choose.
So I have to make my life more inconvenient while the rest of the world works in the opposite way?

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

So they now have new technology? Sweet. Still won’t change a thing.

Political prejudices? You’re a moron. I’m the realist here. Everyone can sit and talk about the issue. But in the end everyone here is going to wake up, take a shower, make a coffee and drive their car to work. Using up allllll that nice energy that is contributing too the problem.
it's incredibly easy to talk about GW!

incredibly hard to make adjustments.

there are many ways to tackle the issue, if it's even needed.

I'm in the tech field and I happen to use incredibly low resources, and I'de be out of place to say that everyone should behave like me. It's just not plausible for everyone to live my type of lifestyle.

New technology is a nice step, more funding and a real focus on this would be nice. But no one actually gives a damn.

its been slow because of attitudes like yours. fossil fuel misinformation and shilling have kept people believing that we might as well continue on with the status quo. there is no problem....keep filling up with the normal shit.

and you're wrong btw.

alternative fuels of all types are only growing growing growing growing. even with all the scandals and screw ups with companies like Tesla....go check their stock price right now.

Quick! Someone get Al Gore to fly here on his private jet and tell us how to fix this!

Back