Antarctica Melting 3x Faster Than We Thought

What Specifically is the problem I ask again? Climate change isnt inherently bad

Why? what would that do to stop the issues, that you never specified, from happening?
You cut out the part where I recommended that you read up on the topic, so I'll just repeat it. Scientists and environmentalist can do it much better than I can.

It can be complicated and technical, so get your info from experts.

97% of scientist agree with Global Warming, I am glad that 3% stuck by their moral convictions and did not get bribed by Soros.
What does "agree with global warming" mean? It's demonstrably warming, the question is to what degree people are responsible, the risks and solutions. We were supposed to be under water 5 years ago. Did Trump pulling out of the little climate party somehow retroactively damage the ice caps 20 years ago? Let's figure what measures would have what effect before telling me we need to crash the economy or else the universe will explode 10 years ago.

Right.

The larger problem is that we are fucking the oceans about ten different ways... with ocean temperature rise being a major contributing factor to several of them.

Even Jordan Peterson agrees it is a problem... so, you know, maybe right wingers will care.

But Jordan peterson isn't a right winger though bro

Well, that was NASA in 2015.
This is NASA in 2018 based on new photography and research.

It gets dizzying after that.

Nature and Leeds Uni is a NASA funded and executed research organization?

Let’s face it. No one has a fucking clue what’s going on or what will happen.

And even if we are the cause and could stop it, no one is quartering their electricity usage or turning their car off.

Clearly it is god's will.

If they never worshipped that damn golden calf...
d28.gif

I wish earth had the opposite problem or something. water decreasing and more land.

we need more land at this rate plus many cool beach areas will go under water.

What makes this prospect terrifying for me is that we don't know enough about how we should expect this to affect the ocean-to-human food chain- where is the tipping point? Do we lose species slowly, or very suddenly? The sea level rise we can deal with- it will come at a tremendous cost in terms of lives labor and money, but we will deal with it. But we won't deal with the loss of fish. We'll just die by the billion.
Crazy that people like David Suzuki have been preaching the anti-pollution gospel since the early 70's and we still do next to sweet fuck all about it, innit?

Crazy that people like David Suzuki have been preaching the anti-pollution gospel since the early 70's and we still do next to sweet fuck all about it, innit?
Of course we don't, it might cost the job creators a few pennies on the dollar.

Scary stuff, but here's something scarier...

Let's look at "the rights" response to this news(I'm removing names so the content speaks for itself)...

Hang on, I’ll brb. I’m gonna go do something about

Let’s jusg block out the sun so they stop melting and less cow farts right ?

We are denying there is currently a problem yes.

Now let's look at how someone "on the left" addresses a topic like this....

What makes this prospect terrifying for me is that we don't know enough about how we should expect this to affect the ocean-to-human food chain- where is the tipping point? Do we lose species slowly, or very suddenly? The sea level rise we can deal with- it will come at a tremendous cost in terms of lives labor and money, but we will deal with it. But we won't deal with the loss of fish. We'll just die by the billion.

What's even the point of nonsense like this? The criticism that should be, and is, leveled at Trump is that under his orders, the EPA and other forms of regulation and oversight are going to shit, and we're not funding enough research. A recent NatGeo article points out the following:

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/03/how-trump-is-changing-science-environment/

WHITE HOUSE CUTS NASA CLIMATE MONITORING PROGRAM

EPA ISSUES CONTROVERSIAL RULE ON SCIENCE 'TRANSPARENCY'

THREATENED SPECIES PROTECTION RULE UNDER REVIEW

EPA STARTS ROLLBACK OF CAR EMISSIONS STANDARDS

FEMA EXPELS "CLIMATE CHANGE" FROM STRATEGIC PLAN

There are dozens more examples like these in this one article.

Those are just the first five. So the next time you burp up your shit sandwich, notice that there are many things people have a problem with. Things that the administration is responsible for.

This is the problem in America right now. It's not "two sides doing the same thing". It's one side using ignorance as arrogance, and one side trying to actually address issues. That or they've become so tired from TRYING to have an honest dialogue they've become retarded themselves.

And what's the excuse? College kids at Berkeley telling you to be nice to muslims? That's not an excuse for how you inherently approach every single topic. And it never will be.

Every single challenge that's gonna come at as, we're officially unequipped to handle. Because more than half of us have fully joined the Idiocracy, and are simply going with what's easier: ignoring it all. Instead of the challenge being the obstacles we face, they've made the challenge "beating your opposition". Totally unaware they've been so deluded by bullshit, the opposition is now themselves.

I'm thinking it will be a domino effect. The seas and rivers of this planet are dead in comparison to 500 years ago, and it keeps getting worse. Basically, we're in a train heading towards a brick wall, the only question is how far that wall is.
That may be true and we have to act like it is. It certainly seems like it must be true- enough so that our inaction is a major mistake. It's not as if evolution can keep up with these fast changes. We may find ourselves genetically modifying every other organism in desperation.

Trump will introduce a Gladiator economy. Men with smaller hands get first pick of weapons obviously.

We will all fight for food, and the entertainment value brought to us from the fights will be a persons worth. 2 kills? Two loafs of bread. No kills? go hunt for mice.

Just kidding, you will need a mice hunting license.

Trump will introduce a Gladiator economy. Men with smaller hands get first pick of weapons obviously.

We will all fight for food, and the entertainment value brought to us from the fights will be a persons worth. 2 kills? Two loafs of bread. No kills? go hunt for mice.

Just kidding, you will need a mice hunting license.
How much weed did this I just don't even

The rate of Antarctic ice melt has tripled in the past five years, with more than 200 billion tons of ice flooding into oceans annually, according to new research.

If melting continues at this pace, we could expect an extra 6 inches of sea level rise by 2100 on top of present projections.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/climate-change-news-antarctica-ice-melting-faster-global-warming

So, if anyone still cares about stuff like science or climate change... it's still there.

Again science is wrong about global warming...I mean climate change.....er I mean Plan Free Cthulhu!

SCIENCE!!! be cray cray and shit!

Any solution to the problem, to the extent it's possible, is political though. And we have one major political party denying the problem and they so happen to be in control of all three branches of government.

No one is denying it. Nice strawman. It is 1) We don't know how much we are causing climate change 2) we don't know how much our changes will affect it in a positive way.

Don't be one of those weak minded gits that has to misrepresent the opposition's side because you don't have the intelligence to fight their actual position.

Are we back to 'it's melting again'?

it seems like every other year or so the major scientific information changes from its net gaining ice to its net losing ice.

Scary stuff, but here's something scarier...

Let's look at "the rights" response to this news(I'm removing names so the content speaks for itself)...

Now let's look at how someone "on the left" addresses a topic like this....

This is the problem in America right now. It's not "two sides doing the same thing". It's one side using ignorance as arrogance, and one side trying to actually address issues. That or they've become so tired from TRYING to have an honest dialogue they've become retarded themselves.

And what's the excuse? College kids at Berkeley telling you to be nice to muslims? That's not an excuse for how you inherently approach every single topic. And it never will be.

Every single challenge that's gonna come at as, we're officially unequipped to handle. Because more than half of us have fully joined the Idiocracy, and are simply going with what's easier: ignoring it all. Instead of the challenge being the obstacles we face, they've made the challenge "beating your opposition". Totally unaware they've been so deluded by bullshit, the opposition is now themselves.
And it just seems to be getting worse and worse, we may be doomed as a country.

The rate of Antarctic ice melt has tripled in the past five years, with more than 200 billion tons of ice flooding into oceans annually, according to new research.

If melting continues at this pace, we could expect an extra 6 inches of sea level rise by 2100 on top of present projections.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/climate-change-news-antarctica-ice-melting-faster-global-warming

So, if anyone still cares about stuff like science or climate change... it's still there.

Man, I think Climate change is a real concern.

I just don't know how to marry the article you just posted with this one.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...e-myles-allen-michael-grubb-a7954496.html?amp

I mean I think their is a honest scientific disagreement here, which certainly causes a problem for the statement this is settled science.

I agree man made climate change is settled science, but these models............

Back