Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 22, 2017

Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne Joins Marvel's ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

osZUo5R.jpg

Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne are joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The actress will play Janet Van Dyne, the superhero wife of Hank Pym/original Ant-Man (Michael Douglas) in the film and mother to (Hope) Evangeline Lilly. The announcement was made at San Diego Comic-Con Saturday during Marvel Studios' Hall H panel.

In Marvel's comic books, Janet Van Dyne is the original Wasp and a founding member — and one-time leader — of the Avengers. Van Dyne continued as a superhero even after Pym retired from adventuring, until she was lost in a sub-atomic realm and assumed dead. (She later returned, entirely healthy, because comics.) In Marvel's Ant-Man film, Pym mourns the loss of his wife, who has been lost in the sub-atomic realm in an act of heroism (she was disabling a rocket).

Fishburne's character, Bill Foster, was a scientist who worked alongside Hank Pym, later becoming a size-changing superhero in his own right, initially as Black Goliath, and then taking over the role of Giant-Man from Pym. A long-running guest-star in series such as Marvel Two-in-One and The Champions, Foster was one of the first casualties of Marvel's original Civil War comic book in 2006.

Also revealed: a character called The Ghost will be in the film which will be played by Hannah John-Kamen (Syfy's Killjoys). The Ghost is a relatively obscure Marvel villain who fits into the set-up of the Ant-Man movies — originally an Iron Man villain, the mysterious character (who is never seen unmasked) started as an industrial saboteur by trade who quickly fell into a world of paranoid delusion where he trusted no-one, and worked for whichever side served his own best interests at the time.

Both Pfeiffer and Fishburne are already Comic-Con favorites. Pfeiffer starred as Catwoman in 1992's Batman Returns, while Fishburne is revered among the geek faithful for his work as Morpheus in The Matrix trilogy.

Peyton Reed will return to direct star Paul Rudd as the titular hero. Ant-Man and the Wasp opens July 6, 2018.

'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Casts Michelle Pfeiffer and Laurence Fishburne

.....wut?

She's gotta be in her 60s now.

Edit - Currently 59, but will be 60 by filming and 61 by release.

<mma4>

Not bad, but the casting is effectively a spoiler to a plot point in the movie.

.....wut?

Michael Douglas is 72.

They just announced Michelle Pfeiffer is playing Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Laurence Fishburne is Dr. Bill Foster a.k.a. Goliath.

Randall Park is playing Agent Jimmy Woo.

Hannah John-Kamen is playing the villainess - Ghost.

(story is developing...)

.....wut?

Might be an indication that wherever she ended up, time progressed normally. Flashback Janet ought to look similar to Batman-era Michelle.

They just announced Michelle Pfeiffer is playing Janet Van Dyne in Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Laurence Fishburne is Dr. Bill Foster a.k.a. Goliath.

Bitter sweet. I love Bill Foster/ Black Goliath, I just wish they didn't make him old so he'd have a future within the MCU (I see where they're going with this though, and I like it).

Randall Park is playing Agent Jimmy Woo.
Hoping for some Easter Eggs with this guy.

Hannah John-Kamen is playing the villainess - Ghost.

(story is developing...)

This Ghost:
thunderbolts159c.jpg
?

I like it (if its a woman, then the character will be completely different, but the tech will be the same. I like the comic book character a lot though.

How can Janet Van Dyne be a former Avenger way back then? I thought in the MCU Avengers only started with Fury, and Stark.

How can Janet Van Dyne be a former Avenger way back then? I thought in the MCU Avengers only started with Fury, and Stark.

Ant-Man and Wasp are founding members of the Avengers in the comics, but not the movies. In the movies, the original Ant-Man and Wasp predate the MCU Avengers.

<mma4>

Michael Douglas is 72.

Are you thinking Douglas, Pfeiffer, Fishburn and Park will play Agents of Atlas in a flashback? And Bill Foster was one of the scientists that helped develop the Pym particles? Me too.

Ant-Man and Wasp are founding members of the Avengers in the comics, but not the movies. In the movies, the original Ant-Man and Wasp predate the MCU Avengers.

Or they are the original Avengers and the Avengers initiative is based off of their name!

More retcon FTW.

Are you thinking Douglas, Pfeiffer, Fishburn and Park will play Agents of Atlas in a flashback? And Bill Foster was one of the scientists that helped develop the Pym particles? Me too.

Edit: and as you can see yes I agree for the most part

Update: July 23, 2017

Comic-Con Poster for Marvel's ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

S65yUcN.jpg

Yeah, it kinda suggests that Janet Van Dyne will somehow be freed from subatomic quantum realm she is trapped in for decades. Or it could be the reverse and either Hank, Hope or Scott visits the subatomic quantum realm and meet an aged Janet Van Dyne.

Update: July 27, 2017

Judy Greer to Return as Maggie Lang in Marvle's ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

YzwG8bF.jpg

Judy Greer has signed on to reprise her role of Maggie Lang, Scott Lang/Ant-Man’s ex-wife and mother to his daughter, in Marvel/Disney’s upcoming Ant-Man sequel Ant-Man And The Wasp.

Greer’s news comes on the heals of Marvel’s Comic-Con presentation where it was announced that Michelle Pfeiffer will be playing Janet Van Dyne and Laurence Fishburne was cast as Dr. Bill Foster.

The studio is remaining tight-lipped on plot details on the film, which will bow in theaters July 6. Peyton Reed is directing the next installment with Paul Rudd returning as the title character, as well as Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Michael Peña reprising their roles.

Greer has a full slate of upcoming films including the MGM remake of Valley Girl, Richard Linklater’s Where’d You Go Bernadette, and Clint Eastwood’s next film 15:17 To Paris. She can currently be seen on the big screen in Fox’s War For The Planet Of The Apes and soon in the indie film Lemon, which will be out in August.

Judy Greer Set to Reprise Her Role as Maggie Lang in Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp (Exclusive)

@Anung Un Rama

Update: July 27, 2017

Judy Greer to Return as Maggie Lang in Marvle's ANT-MAN AND THE WASP

YzwG8bF.jpg

Judy Greer has signed on to reprise her role of Maggie Lang, Scott Lang/Ant-Man’s ex-wife and mother to his daughter, in Marvel/Disney’s upcoming Ant-Man sequel Ant-Man And The Wasp.

Greer’s news comes on the heals of Marvel’s Comic-Con presentation where it was announced that Michelle Pfeiffer will be playing Janet Van Dyne and Laurence Fishburne was cast as Dr. Bill Foster.

The studio is remaining tight-lipped on plot details on the film, which will bow in theaters July 6. Peyton Reed is directing the next installment with Paul Rudd returning as the title character, as well as Evangeline Lilly, Michael Douglas and Michael Peña reprising their roles.

Greer has a full slate of upcoming films including the MGM remake of Valley Girl, Richard Linklater’s Where’d You Go Bernadette, and Clint Eastwood’s next film 15:17 To Paris. She can currently be seen on the big screen in Fox’s War For The Planet Of The Apes and soon in the indie film Lemon, which will be out in August.

Judy Greer Set to Reprise Her Role as Maggie Lang in Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp (Exclusive)

@Anung Un Rama
wibd.gif

Already better than Ragnarok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back