Answer honestly: Does working out/competing make you lazy at your job?

Not if I don't have to! The lazier I am at my job (or any other job I've had), the harder I can work out in the gym the next day! Haha! I don't give a crap what my manager says! They can't fire me unless I do something really wrong. So I give the minimal effort!

Mind telling me where you work so I can make sure to avoid your business?

I'm self employed, I certainly am not quite as productive on a Monday after playing football on a Sunday, but what ya gonna do? Getting those knocks is what makes life with living.

After really hard training sessions, I experience what I could describe as "post-workout lack of motivation".

It sort of feels like a depressive state, where you get home, sit down, and just stay there staring at the wall for an unspecified number of minutes before I muster up the willpower to get up and start doing stuff.

Many athletes report experiencing something along the same lines. It could be related to CNS fatigue.

Not gonna lie and say I'm busting my ass 24/7 at work, but my bouts of shenanigans and "shit breaks" are more due to the fact 10 hours of work is fucking dull. Especially when I look out the window and Ohio doesn't look like garbage.

Tl;dr: Belph likes to fuck around in general.

Mind telling me where you work so I can make sure to avoid your business?

Lol, I've worked at various gyms, at the mall, clothing stores, fast food restaurants, driving jobs, etc. I always put 99% of my fuel and motivation into the gym, and 1% into work! All I care about is the gym!

And the rest of you: don't lie. Work is just there to pay the bills. Training and competing is there to live your dreams and excel! So working out makes you lazy. Lol

You actually laughed out loud?

Lol, I've worked at various gyms, at the mall, clothing stores, fast food restaurants, driving jobs, etc. I always put 99% of my fuel and motivation into the gym, and 1% into work! All I care about is the gym!

And the rest of you: don't lie. Work is just there to pay the bills. Training and competing is there to live your dreams and excel! So working out makes you lazy. Lol

Reason #437 lifting is great: It gives lazy douchebags something to blame their slack-assedness on.

I once heard a quote on Rich Piana's channel: "A lazy bodybuilder is a good bodybuilder." I'm technically not a bodybuilder, but I live by those words!!! How many times after training are you too tired to do anything with your wife/girlfriend? It's the truth! Especially the day after a hard day of sparring/grappling/pad work, etc. I'm just fried...crispy fried. I put everything I had into the gym, and there's nothing left for anyone else! I KNOW I'm not the only one like this.

Lots of really week trolling in here lately. Just unimaginative, forced, trite drivel. It saddens me.

Nah, some of us have meaningful, fulfilling careers. Most of us have work ethic instilled in us by our fathers, and work hard at our job and put in an honest days work no matter how we feel.

Keep having fun skating by working in retail though.

Speak for yourself, my job is fucking dope.

The mall, clothing stores, fast food restaraunts???

Dude....do you even education?

Last edited:
This is where supplementation is key. Creative and arginine daily, cycling the creative of course, and drinking a gallon of water a day helped me train 5 days a week and work 6 days a week and felt like a machine. Lost fat, added strength and conditioning, and never had DOMS.

Also when I had a shit job I prioritized training over work performance. Now that I have a mortgage payment, my priorities have flip-flopped.

This is where supplementation is key. Creative and arginine daily, cycling the creative of course, and drinking a gallon of water a day helped me train 5 days a week and work 6 days a week and felt like a machine. Lost fat, added strength and conditioning, and never had DOMS.

Also when I had a shit job I prioritized training over work performance. Now that I have a mortgage payment, my priorities have flip-flopped.
It's not 1993. You don't have to cycle creatine.

It's not 1993. You don't have to cycle creatine.
Fucking iPhone autocorrecting creatine. I used it back when you were "supposed" to mix the granulated shit with grape juice for "maximum absorption." Also took 10g of l arginine a day. Pumps were great, never had DOMS and cock was rock hard all the time. I miss those days.

Fucking iPhone autocorrecting creatine. I used it back when you were "supposed" to mix the granulated shit with grape juice for "maximum absorption." Also took 10g of l arginine a day. Pumps were great, never had DOMS and cock was rock hard all the time. I miss those days.
Arginine has largely been debunked and supplementation is no longer recommend.

Back