Answer honestly: Does working out/competing make you lazy at your job?

Rock Hard

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I've always put all my energy into training, lifting weights, and competing in various martial arts. So, any job that I've had has always come second. I work slow and lazy compared to all the other employees, to the point where people think I'm stoned. But it's because I worked hard in the gym yesterday or earlier that day! A lazy fighter is a GOOD fighter. Or, a lazy (any type of athlete) is a good (any type of athlete). People at the gym have always complimented my endurance and work ethic, because I'm lazy in all other aspects of life. Tell me I'm not the only person like this! Working out is a selfish lifestyle!

Mayberry is that way >>>>>

So....you're a lazy piece of shit? Cool story, bro.

There's definitely times where I push myself harder than I otherwise would because I know I'll be sitting around at work the next day and can rest

My job = sitting on my ass, or at most standing still. So no.

No, not really. If anything, I feel more energetic and motivated throughout the day, but that could also be attributed to my diet as well.

No. If anything I work harder as a result of my training. I build ships. while it's not digging ditches, it's a pretty physically demanding job. Lots of lifting equipment into place, tons of stairs, pulling big cables, etc. But I'm getting paid to do it, and if they keep paying me I'll keep doing my half of the bargain.

Grow up. You have a job to do. Everything you do is an expression of who you are. Take some pride in what you do. Otherwise don't bother.

Stepping over dollars to get to dimes.

I found things to be the complete opposite. I feel like being stronger helps with confidence. I end up strutting around the clinic a lot more, getting my step count up. I also like to bend up and down a lot to pick things up and put them away. I smile at my coworkers and often give them winks, like I know what they're thinking and I agree with them.

If I'm lazy at work its simply cuz I'm tired from going too hard at the gym.

My job is incredibly boring too.

Are you being lazy or are you just tired? Different things.

after a volume day of squats i am toast the next day.....i do work a physical job involving walking 5 miles a day in blazing hot weather for most of the year

that said i have given up lifting for periods of time for that very reason and it just feels like something is missing...so the days where i am tired it is worth it to me

lifting isnt even necessary to live a productive life but there are always benefits and disadvantages to our choices.....you dont need a 600 pound deadlift and 500 pound squat to go through day to day life at that point you are just doing it because you "enjoy" doing it and the results whether that be a more physically pleasent looking body or just being able to say to people i lift such and such weight

Grow up. You have a job to do. Everything you do is an expression of who you are. Take some pride in what you do. Otherwise don't bother.

Not if I don't have to! The lazier I am at my job (or any other job I've had), the harder I can work out in the gym the next day! Haha! I don't give a crap what my manager says! They can't fire me unless I do something really wrong. So I give the minimal effort!

Not if I don't have to! The lazier I am at my job (or any other job I've had), the harder I can work out in the gym the next day! Haha! I don't give a crap what my manager says! They can't fire me unless I do something really wrong. So I give the minimal effort!
You sound like a piece of shit.

You must have been really bummed about Bernie.

Back