Another McGregor Teammate Chris Van Heerden Turns Snitch, Says He Doesn’t Hit That Hard

Khabib is a MMA fighter to and can fight another raw grapplers in grappling.
Conor is a boxer-striker in MMA but he cant compete with raw boxers in boxing.

i think its interesting.

Khabib can compete with elite level grapplers because he is himself an elite level grappler.
Khabib can compete in mma because grappling is a major part of being able to dictate where the fight takes place, so he takes people to his world.

Conor on the other hand is not an elite level striker or grappler.
Conor has a fairly well rounded striking arsenal, he has great timing, he is fast and has decent power. This translates well when fighting inferior strikers which lets be honest is most of MMA, because they have grappling to fall back on.
This is why Conor could never do well in pure striking, he is not an elite striker, he is decent at all aspects of striking not great at any.

Any decent boxer or kickboxer would likely clown Conor in pure striking contest. Floyd carried him Conor did not do well in that fight he was never in danger and Floyd bet a huge amount on himself to finish conor in the rd he did.

It's impossible for Sherdog to say anything good or bad about Conor McGregor without being a little bit crazy.

I'm a known McGregor detractor but his skill level in boxing is above novice level for sure. He's been boxing supposedly since he was a teen. Its also obvious that boxers will say McGregor doesn't hit hard. They are defending their sport.

conor is an mma fighter
not a boxer
a novice boxer would destroy him
/thread

He fought the best boxer in the world, went 10 rounds, didn't get knocked down once, then gassed and ref called it off.

Your statement is absolutely ridiculous. GET SERIOUS!

Definitely no. You hater Conor. I get it.
no

i speak facts

have you seen the footage of conor trying to box

it's hilarious

reason why he stuck with an mma team while fighting a boxer

The issue right now is not whether Conor hits hard or soft. It's whether he hits AT ALL - i.e. fights ever again.

He fought the best boxer in the world, went 10 rounds, didn't get knocked down once, then gassed and ref called it off.

Nope

floyd carried him and admitted to it and it was pretty obvious

conor gassing in 4 rounds was expected
reason why Floyd just chilled and smiled

i am serious.
i have a better boxing record than conor who never even boxed as an amateur
This fight was for $
<45>

Mostly because elite boxers box, they make money doing it.

Elite grapplers fight MMA because they can't make legit money grappling.

I've always said that the best MMA fighters would be fighters who learn to box from a very early age up until their mid 20s while learning TDD and BJJ defense along the way.

a striker gets more pride than a wrestler, because casual people like to see how people finnish fights stand up without get touched by a wrestler. its like a spectacle.

it depends on the fighter... not everyone can take advantage from the boxing. every fighter is different. mcgregor has very long arms, he can take advantage of that. u will never see a nate diaz throwing kicks with his sloppy legs but u will see a edson barboza with insane kicks because he has the physique for that. u will never see mike perry with wheel kicks, because he has short legs but he has strong fists.

when u have a guy with shorter arms, slow but strong muscles fibres he will doing better in wrestling than boxing.

i can agree with your but i think it is like bruce lee said.... fighting is 60% wrestling and 40% striking.
that means that a wrestler in a cage will always has a slightly advantage in the cage over a striker.

these strikers who doing well in the cage like anderson silva and whittaker have some serious wrestling and grappling background... they just uses them for the defense.

Van Heerden would get embarrassed by McGregor in the Octagon and I hate to sound like a Nuthugger, by why people continue to say he doesn't hit hard despite being in 16oz gloves and wearing head gear is a mystery to me. 4oz gloves are as close as it gets to the knuckles and bones and is a more accurate way to measure how hard he hits, and from the looks of it

conor-drops-alvarez1.gif

xpwN5Bf.gif

GoodEminentHyrax.gif

cm4_360.gif
conor-mcgregor-56.gif

When he connects clean, they fall, I'd love to see Van Heerden take the shots Nate, and Eddie took and still stand.

People say he does not have big power because the people who do it does not matter how they hit you, you feel it, Conor is not that guy he has decent power obviously but in sparring you would not feel that because he would not be going for the kill shot, a precision strike is not going to fell the same at 50% and while that punch even at 100% would not do the same damage if it was not in the perfect spot.

Guys with big power have a hard time holding it back all the time so some slip through. Guys like carwin who put you to sleep with an arm jab that is power. Guys like conor hit you in the perfect spot and when they are going for the kill it does damage, when they are not going for the kill it does nothing.

no

i speak facts

have you seen the footage of conor trying to box

it's hilarious

reason why he stuck with an mma team while fighting a boxer
I just watched a pro make his debut against another pro that was 1-0. It was unbelievably sloppy & one was gassed at the end of the first round lol it was embarrassing. No way in hell could Conor not beat them. Even I could beat them with zero boxing training lol it actually made me wonder what the qualifications are for going pro. So yeah Conor can beat a pro boxer but that's not saying too much

I just watched a pro make his debut against another pro that was 1-0. It was unbelievably sloppy & one was gassed at the end of the first round lol it was embarrassing. No way in hell could Conor not beat them. Even I could beat them with zero boxing training lol it actually made me wonder what the qualifications are for going pro. So yeah Conor can beat a pro boxer but that's not saying too much

The qualification for going pro is you apply for a license and get cleared, there is no qualification. Generally you have an amateur background but being a "PRO" does not mean you are good it just means you are competing in a sanctioned event under the rules of pro boxing not amateur. It is up to the commission to decide if you are in over your head when you are booked for a fight however. But as long as your opponent is considered to be in your skill level it will be sanctioned and you are a "PRO" boxer

“I was not phased by his power at all,” Van Heerden said. “I’ve been in the ring with a lot of guys that can hit, and I’ve been hit way harder by guys wearing 16-ounce gloves and head gear on. I was not phased, so it’s difficult for me to say what his power is like because honestly, I was not phased.”

http://mmaimports.com/2018/01/another-mcgregor-teammate-turns-snitch-says-doesnt-hit-hard/

Throwback: sparring in 2016

My note: I think McGregors "power" is a result of his precision and timing to, hes very precise when he hits with the MMA gloves.. and the angles he creates when he hits. the opponent stays mostly more "vulnerable" when he hits. example the aldo fight. he cant do that with boxing gloves how he can do it with MMA gloves. so a head gear will take away the precision but i can understand that his "raw power" isnt that high for a boxer.

For one, Van Heerden would get starched with 4oz gloves. That high shield guard won’t work with small gloves (or no gloves). Also, they obviously weren’t going anywhere near ‘hard sparring’ territory, just moving around lightly.

#Bumblebeef you really do need a hobby, the amount of Khabib nob gobbling threads and McGregor hating you deem it your duty to start on this forum is scarily obsessive, its not healthy sweetheart.
tenor.gif

Nope

floyd carried him and admitted to it and it was pretty obvious

conor gassing in 4 rounds was expected
reason why Floyd just chilled and smiled

i am serious.
i have a better boxing record than conor who never even boxed as an amateur
This fight was for $
<45>

Obviously it was a $ fight, but you'd have to be a real gullible person to eat up whatever Floyd says and take it for truth.

Conor hurt him several times throughout the contest, now that was pretty obvious. Floyd executed a good game plan. Make Conor gas then attack.

People say he does not have big power because the people who do it does not matter how they hit you, you feel it, Conor is not that guy he has decent power obviously but in sparring you would not feel that because he would not be going for the kill shot, a precision strike is not going to fell the same at 50% and while that punch even at 100% would not do the same damage if it was not in the perfect spot.

Guys with big power have a hard time holding it back all the time so some slip through. Guys like carwin who put you to sleep with an arm jab that is power. Guys like conor hit you in the perfect spot and when they are going for the kill it does damage, when they are not going for the kill it does nothing.

I can see that, makes sense. But to deny that Conor doesn't hit hard is pretty crazy, but I agree, his accuracy makes him look like he hits like a tank, but in reality he goes for those clean shots to the temple and the chin, and he's got a little thumper that people can't take when he lands it.

Obviously it was a $ fight, but you'd have to be a real gullible person to eat up whatever Floyd says and take it for truth.

Conor hurt him several times throughout the contest, now that was pretty obvious. Floyd executed a good game plan. Make Conor gas then attack.
hurt him?
what were you watching?

you know why Floyd came out in a balaclava
and was smiling

because he just scammed the world
he was never in any danger with someone who was ZERO-ZERO

#Bumblebeef you really do need a hobby, the amount of Khabib nob gobbling threads and McGregor hating you deem it your duty to start on this forum is scarily obsessive, its not healthy sweetheart.
tenor.gif

the forum is big. just look out to another threads when u dont like khabib.

I can see that, makes sense. But to deny that Conor doesn't hit hard is pretty crazy, but I agree, his accuracy makes him look like he hits like a tank, but in reality he goes for those clean shots to the temple and the chin, and he's got a little thumper that people can't take when he lands it.

Exactly, Conor clearly hits hard but in boxing would never be considered a power striker because he does not put people away with glancing blows he has decent pop but hits like a sniper, which is why he will do far better in mma because he is fighting guys who if we are being honest are not elite strikers themselves so While Conor is not on the level of pure strikers against guys below him if he can keep them in his world he makes them look as bad as an elite striker in pure striking would make him look.

Van Heerden never was a "teamate" of Conor. McGregor went to his gym to spar with him.

That dude fought Errol Spence and other pretty legit boxer and I guess that he trained with some pretty legit one as well.

Of course Conor doesnt hit as hard as them and its way tougher to catch a good boxer with a clean shot than an mma fighter. No knock on Conor, he's a pretty legit fighter but its 2 different world
/thread.

Stop using him gassing as an excuse. Having cardio is part of being a good fighter. If your cardio is shit then it diminishes how “good” you are. And don’t pretend he wasn’t getting beat the fuck up because he was.

Back