Another loss for Fake News: ABC settles 5.7B lawsuit over "Pink Slime"

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
http://nordic.businessinsider.com/p...facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-bi&r=US&IR=T

In the suit, BPI alleged that ABC misled viewers by calling its lean finely textured beef "pink slime." LFTB is a common ingredient in beef products and is safe to eat, which ABC noted in its reports. However, even with assurances that the ingredient, made from the trimmings of a cow and treated with ammonia to kill bacteria, wasn't dangerous, the phrase "pink slime" turned off customers, the lawsuit claimed.

"They ignored the proper name," Webb said in his opening argument, according to The Hollywood Reporter. "When you have a major news organization that is calling the product 'slime,' witnesses will say they can't imagine anything worse. It connotes something disgusting, inedible."

BPI said it had to close three plants and lay off 700 workers because of the "pink slime" backlash.

Good to see a news organization paying for dramatizing anything they want for ratings and headlines

This isn't fake news lol

They're making it known that they have no earthly idea what fake news is. Keep that in mind when they fall back to it when a story comes out that they cry about.

Sounds like "Pink Slime" to me... further they didn't even invent the terminology.

Beef Products Inc. is the creator of a product called "lean finely textured beef," also known as "pink slime." The latter term was first used in 2002 by a Food Safety Inspection Service worker.[14]

In 2002, it patented a process that turns materials that had previously gone for pet food or oil into products for human consumption.[15] In this process, beef trimmings are warmed, put through a centrifuge to remove fat, then treated with ammonia to increase pH and kill bacteria.[16][17]

Pictured below: Not pink slime

PinkSlime.jpg

It's becoming very difficult not to react to the phrase "fake news" as spouted by #Trumpets in the same way I react to "racist" or "sexist" or "xenophobe" as spouted by a bunch of marauding college kids or #BLM/#Antifa.

I don't really fault the media for attempting to draw back the veil on the meat industry. Seems like a noble endeavor in light of all the revelations that food documentaries and investigative books have yielded over the past few decades (no need to go back to Lewis).

This is not even close to fake news. It's literally pink slime.

It's becoming very difficult not to react to the phrase "fake news" as spouted by #Trumpets in the same way I react to "racist" or "sexist" or "xenophobe" as spouted by a bunch of marauding college kids or #BLM/#Antifa.

I don't really fault the media for attempting to draw back the veil on the meat industry. Seems like a noble endeavor in light of all the revelations that food documentaries and investigative books have yielded over the past few decades (no need to go back to Lewis).
well their noble deed just caused them how much?

Yeah, no.

Sorry, but that is pink slime.
Amonia-treated beef?

Grim.

Based on the information as presented in the article, I'm surprised ABC settled this case. If I were on the jury and the facts were roughly as reported, I would not find against ABC in this instance.

Back