Another lol @GSP

He's 40 lbs heavier than mayweather. Who would sanction that?

He did hold up a division for quite some time tho.

Of course you can blame Bisping and the UFC, but lets not play stupid.

GSP knew:

1) That Bisping wasn't a good enough fighter to take a fight and risk losing out on a GSP payday.

2) That an interim champ had already been declared that had actually beat the #1 and #2 contender.

3) That he didn't deserve a titleshot at MW.

He still took the fight (and the months negotiating) despite what he was doing to the legitimacy of the sport and the top contenders of the MW division.

The GSP I remember from 4 years ago did everything he could to prove he was the best, and actually made a convincing case (only second to Fedor in my book and the distance between GSP and #3 is a chasm)

This new GSP is EVERYTHING that is wrong with MMA now.

If he wants to make money fights, fine. But he needs to stay the fuck away from belts so that there are money fights for other guys in the future.

He's trying to play the game like a really lame celebrity instead of like the true champion I remembered.
Oh yeah I agree with what you said and even though what went down wasn't necessarily correct by any means, GSP has been there for UFC for such a long time that throwing him a chance to have some fun wasn't the worst thing ever. I would have preferred he gone to welterweight since that's HIS division and there was no proper contenders.

These kind of threads crack me up. The first post is about GSP and Mayweather and the second post is immediately about McGregor and how awful he is :D

lol at his mayweather call out. He is not the guy you thought he was, am I right gspgoat boys?
Hes an independent contractor who now starts to act like one. Good for him, he got smart people around him. Who did we think he was? An employee, the «what ever UFC wants next im ok with» guy?

What's this about? Pretty sure GSP said he doesn't challenge smaller fighters. What is the source TS?

Two division champ, avenged every loss he ever had, never pissed hot, etc. Respect for him, none for assholes who laugh at a guy who accomplished 100 times more than they ever will. Hard to do what he did, easy to be a bitch-ass little fucking shit-poster.

GSP has paid his dues as a champion, and has given a massive amount to the sport.

He wants to make money with those fights with Floyd and Conor, so what? If you could make 100 million for a fight, think you would do it?

I am not a fan of spectacle, but I certainly don't blame GSP. There is a big difference as far as already paying dues for GSP in comparison to Conor.

Hes an independent contractor who now starts to act like one. Good for him, he got smart people around him. Who did we think he was? An employee, the «what ever UFC wants next im ok with» guy?
Exactly. As if GSP doesn't deserve to make money after putting his ass on the line for all of these years in fighting.

Is this a joke? It is not at all in GSP caracter to call Floyd... unless he is trolling Conor.

lol at his mayweather call out. He is not the guy you thought he was, am I right gspgoat boys?
From 2004 to 2013, GSP fought the toughest schedule of opponents maybe in the history of the sport. He also built a legacy that is unmatched. He then stepped away for 4 years. He's back for money fights. He's not trying to hide that he's only back for money fights. His legacy is already set.

What's your point? After one of the hardest fought careers in the history of MMA, you don't think he has earned the right to look for money fights?

still a very likable guy to me. and this comes from an all time Penn fan.

Gsp wants a retired boxer he outweighs by 40 lbs.
is Nganou calling out Danny Jacobs too?

What happened to this career ending disease he had?

Good luck trying to get Mayweather into the octagon and even bigger good luck to GSP if he wants to try him out at boxing. Lol

When George starts pulling this silly bullshit I start to think MMA is no longer for me.

Back