Another former HW Champ adds his voice to criticism of USADA

It is the past... Time for him to comeback and knock some mid-tier heads off!!!

So false arrest victims just need to shut up and get on with it? The problem doesn't need to be addressed?

JDS was unnaturally shredded then showed a dramatic body transformation after USADA came in. He then muscled up again and immediately got busted for a diuretic used as a masking agent. When he has never weighed anywhere near 265 why would he need a diuretic to dehydrate? Much less when it wasn't in the last few days before a fight.

He was roided, everyone knows it and he got caught so why don't you just admit it and stop humiliating yourself.

It's interesting that in other sports when you appeal a suspension, you get to keep playing until a final ruling is made. It's trickier when it comes to fighting though, cause if you let them keep fighting and it turns out they were intentionally juicing, you're putting other fighter's health at risk. It's a tough problem without a great solution.
Yeah, so many people have had their health adversely affected (more so than just getting punched in the head) due to these prohibited substances. Huge risk.

Meh.

The tainted supplement excuse is BS, at their level of the game they and their team, management, agents, doctors, dieticians etc etc....should be smart and aware enough to ensure that whatever supplement they are putting into their body, is tested and approved....before they put it in their fucking system.

Or they can take supplements from the approved list provided by USADA?
There is no such list, it does not exist

(but there are companies like informed-choice at batch test and certify supplements)

How is this tainted supps excuse still being used?

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...cusses-unique-lengthy-usada-sanctions-process

Junior dos Santos formally accepted a six-month suspension from the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) on Monday, finally concluding the worst eight-month span of his career.

Dos Santos, 34, tested positive for a banned diuretic on Aug. 10, which carries a potential one-year suspension under the UFC's anti-doping program. The sanction was reduced, after dos Santos proved the test was caused by a legal tainted supplement.

The suspension is retroactive to the date of dos Santos' failed test, meaning it actually expired in February. Due to several factors in this case, however, the sanctioning process took longer than the suspension itself -- which dos Santos admits is frustrating.

"I am not a cheater. Since the first day we found out about this, we have cooperated with USADA and done everything they've asked or suggested to prove this was not intentional doping. It's taken a really long time.

We want to know the real results of fights, but in a case like this, with a diuretic, I think they should have allowed me to continue my life until they proved it was my fault. If they prove that, they can do whatever they want. But if I prove I'm innocent, I'm here for almost nine months, doing nothing with my life. I want to keep fighting for a long time, but I don't have any time to lose.

Junior-Dos-Santos.jpg

I was happy when those results came back, because I thought it was done. They would see it's not my fault and I could resume fighting. But then, they started to say other things, like maybe I could have contaminated them on purpose. I said, 'My God, I'm not a chemist.

When they found my supplements were contaminated, it was already four months. Now it's been another four months for them to figure the rest out, and finally find the truth.

I think USADA needs to consider what substance they find," dos Santos said. "If it is not a very bad drug, they shouldn't pull you from a fight. If they haven't proved it is your fault, they shouldn't pull you.

If I am guilty, do whatever you want to me. But I knew they wouldn't do that, because I am not a cheater. It's been hard. You are considered guilty before being judged."

///

Josh Barnett has recently commented on a similar situation.

josh-barnett-ufc-168.jpg

///

Seems to me like basically they were guilty but they had already spent so much time unable to fight that they didn't end up getting officially punished. If you think that's wrong I'd be happy to be corrected. Maybe the watchdog has been getting over aggressive and spoiling the profits.

Jeff-Novitzky2.jpg

dana-white-money.jpg

Barnett was fully cleared and wasn’t ‘guilty’

JDS got a reduced suspension for buying supplements from a Brazilian pharmacy that added shit to its in-house product.

How is this tainted supps excuse still being used?

Because sometimes it’s true. Barnett and JDS proved that their supplements had shit added to them.

Barnett was fully cleared and wasn’t ‘guilty’

JDS got a reduced suspension for buying supplements from a Brazilian pharmacy that added shit to its in-house product.

Poor Josh I believe that's his 4th time of having the terrible bad luck to be supplied with tainted supps.

Just can't catch a break can he.

I can't profess to truly know enough about the process; however, something clearly isn't working. There have been enough incidents of tainted supplements now to warrant a review of the current USADA protocol.
The tainted supplement excuse is a loophole in USADA's drug testing program that needs closed up. Jones already used that excuse in his UFC 200 failed drug test, and the evidence proves that it was indeed preemptive. If USADA simply made that excuse inapplicable, I guarantee these incidents would stop popping up.

Because sometimes it’s true. Barnett and JDS proved that their supplements had shit added to them.

I don't believe it. Sure, it may be technically plausible in the eyes of USADA, but I don't believe that top ranked fighters and their teams are stupid enough to try supplements that are not proven and simply pray for the best with their careers on the line. At least the juicers have a method.

lol...

doesnt need a thread.

"not a credible anti doping program"
The NFL in particular seems to not want to test their athletes any more than necessary to keep up appearances.

And somehow, Jones's brother still failed a test.

Back