Another example of why UFC fighters are ripped off.

BigDramaShow26

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"Purses for Saturday night's Showtime card from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas: Danny Garica $1.25 million, Brandon Rios $500k, David Benavidez $400k, Ronald Gavril $125k, Yordeinis Ugas $40k, Ray Robinson $30k."

None of these guys are huge draws. Rios is the equivalent to a guy like Matt Brown. A guy who makes for entertaining fights and beats some decent guys here and there. Garcia is a decent draw, not a special fighter, and hasn't beat a good fighter in 5 years. Dana White is not the bussinesman he is made out to be.

mmSa_y.gif

Hey its a dual fold problem - UFC aing gonna budge - fighters are acquiescing...wont change till revolt ensues...

matt brown is certainly not equivalent to rios

compared to other mma promotions, UFC fighters make hella good money.. base pay for a debuting fighter who wins is 25k... compared to Bellators $500...

"Purses for Saturday night's Showtime card from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas: Danny Garica $1.25 million, Brandon Rios $500k, David Benavidez $400k, Ronald Gavril $125k, Yordeinis Ugas $40k, Ray Robinson $30k."

None of these guys are huge draws. Rios is the equivalent to a guy like Matt Brown. A guy who makes for entertaining fights and beats some decent guys here and there. Garcia is a decent draw, not a special fighter, and hasn't beat a good fighter in 5 years. Dana White is not the bussinesman he is made out to be.

I was with you until the end
Your last sentence made zero sense though
His business is to make the most money while keeping cost down.

Not saying fighter pay shouldn't be higher ... OF COURSE IT SHOULD
As I posted on here a hundred times, in 2015 fighter pay was 13% of revenue according to credit filings in 2016.
it could easily be double, but the money UFC makes per year & particularly in 2017 when interest was down says he & the owners certainly know how to be businessmen because their business is there to make money & all three (Dana. Fertitta's & WME/Investors) make a SHITLOAD no matter what.

Last edited:
compared to other mma promotions, UFC fighters make hella good money.. base pay for a debuting fighter who wins is 25k... compared to Bellators $500...

& they don't have to sell tickets

yea that is so much wrong I cant even...

Dude has to fight! WTF!

But Coker has to pad out his gate to look better to Viacom & getting 8-10 fighters selling tickets brings him a lot more revenue.
Amazed that more don't give him shit about that, but its more fun to focus on Dana being a dick (which is not up for debate lol)

UFC/MMA payment sucks but this thread is so fucking bias it is funny..
"Garcia is a decent draw, not a special fighter, and hasn't beat a good fighter in 5 years"

UFC/MMA payment sucks but this thread is so fucking bias it is funny..
Lives are shortened and I get it we only live for the moment but imo if yer sacrificing years make it worth it for the victim!

I despise corporate mentality...and shareholders (but I will take my 7kish a year in dividends!)

So 4 fights on a card? You think they'd get paid the same if there was 10-12 fights on that card?

That's it, time to put away those 4 oz gloves and grab some 12 oz mittens.

Why you worried about it the fighters don't have to sign anything, did you sign your UFC contract you must have worrying about what people make?

Noticing lots of champs like Stipe, Cormier, DJ not accepting fights till they receive more money. And UFC pays up every time.

Seems that's the new way to do things.

Last edited:
Why you worried about it the fighters don't have to sign anything, did you sign your UFC contract you must have worrying about what people make?
One has to understand sacrifice...if I understand yer point anyhow - too toasted atm.

I was with you until the end
Your last sentence made zero sense though
His business is to make the most money while keeping cost down.

Not saying fighter pay shouldn't be higher ... OF COURSE IT SHOULD
As I posted on here a hundred times, in 2015 fighter pay was 13% of revenue according to credit filings in 2016.
it could easily be double, but the money UFC makes per year & particularly in 2017 when interest was down says he & the owners certainly know how to be businessmen because their business is there to make money & all three (Dana. Fertitta's & WME/Investors) make a SHITLOAD no matter what.

It makes plenty of sense. Am Haymon has figured out a way to get investors and multiple networks putting up millions in order to pay his fighters. And all of the best fighters in his stable never fight each other with the exception of Thurman/Garcia that took 3 years to happen.

Back