Another Day, Another School Shooting- Two in Critical Condition Indiana

Then you might not fit into that category. They want their cake but don’t want to pay for it

I'm happy to contribute to the cause . . . just like I've done with other bond issues for our school district.

We already know what needs to be done:

1. The media needs to stop reporting on these mass shootings. All that does is give ideas to other teenagers that are rejected and bullied. It also gets the progressives libs all riled up.

2. Adults need to be more mindful of how their kids are behaving. Find out if your son is having trouble with girls or bullies and if he is tell him to work out and teach him how to fight. Switch schools if you must. Most importantly instill respect for the Second Amendment. Tell your son weak and pitiful progressive libs will use any improper use of a firearm to try and take away that right, introduce ridiculous gun laws and ban/confiscate guns. Get them to spend their free time doing fun and active stuff instead of being on the internet or playing gory/violent video games all the time.

3. Bring back the fear of God!!! The fear of God is guaranteed to prevent you from wanting to kill. Thou shalt not kill!!!

4. Armed guards until steps 1,2 and 3 have been successfully implemented.

The fear of god is dogshit and didn’t help white america from lynching, enslaving, killing and marginalizing black people.

Just another right wing soggy poop answer to real word problems

A lot of vitriol here, but no substance. To quote a famous thinker "Try to do better intellectually".

It is an unassailable position that an armed teacher can better protect students than a unarmed teacher can. There may be many political or cultural reasons why arming teachers is anathema to you. I'd prefer to discuss those rather than trade insults. But it would undeniably afford students more protection.
Homer is obviously in the realm of thinking that three weeks in TKD taking some mcdojo self defense course would better suit someone as a defensive plan than having a tool, an equalizer of sorts to help out.

Or maybe he believes “arming” to be a term for a bucket of rocks?

Right. My experience in health and safety is goofy . . . if you don't get that nobody is saying "just lock the doors" you haven't been paying attention.

I guess I've just been brainwashed all these years working in hardened Federal buildings with limited entry points and secured exits.

So the solution is to make schools like prisons, is that what youre saying?

And there have been like 20 posts in this thread where people have said 'just lock the doors'. Did you read them? Its like you cant make this zhit up.

And there have been like 20 posts in this thread where people have said 'just lock the doors'. Did you read them? Its like you cant make this zhit up.

Are those the only posts you've read? I've actually specifically said a couple of times that you can secure a school without making it a prison . . . how it isn't the only step to improving school security.

you make a thread on sherdog then say "now is not the time to discuss." when i think humans cant get any dumber you all still amaze me
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/irony

Why aren't school employees trained and armed?
Because they already have jobs to do. Why aren’t other professionals asked to be armed guards in addition to their normal duties?

We already know what needs to be done:

1. The media needs to stop reporting on these mass shootings. All that does is give ideas to other teenagers that are rejected and bullied. It also gets the progressives libs all riled up.
Media is free to report on anything. Funny that you’d have such profound respect for the second amendment but not the first.

Last edited:
All those deranged folks, as you put it, would have a much harder time killing a bunch of kids in a school without fucking guns, numbnuts.
I thought personal attacks were against the new war room rules?

Presidential slack?

Or reason for the yellow?

Schools pass local bond issues for facility improvements all of the time . . . you don't think folks would be willing to do the same to improve school security?

What am I making up exactly?
My kids changed schools last year, wife was petitioning the school board (she was president of the PTO) to get a grant, that she found and started to apply for to get a Resource officer paid for ans on staff during all school hours, the school didn’t want to have it go thru due to the scary gun toting police man being on duty and scaring kids.

Reason for the crappy anectdote, they’ve got grants for school security that aren’t hard to find, also p
But no one is saying locking doors is a bad thing or against it. Its just not a real solution. School shooters are students of the school. They know how things work in their school. Again if I was determined to have mass shooting in my school. Locked classrooms wouldnt stop me as I would know when I can get to my fellow students in mass. Arming teachers is another thing that isntbmuch help as I would know in advance who my only threat is. Why not start with shooting your teacher and take out the threat first?
if only there was a device that could find large metal objects like firearms, magazines or other doo-dads that do harm to people...

We could put these machines at the entrances to important areas with large crowds of people... they could detect the materials in a firearm.

I shall call them material detectors and make millions keeping people from walking willy nilly into places with materials they shouldn’t have
Yeah... clearly too many doors are your problem.

Actually he was already in the school, and excused himself from class to collect his guns.
I’m not sure of anybody who says “less doors” means one decent quality steel door from Home Depot, they mean one door, camera, a device used to sniff out large metal objects and alarms on other doors if they’re used improperly thru the day. You see, if you had a metal sniffing device on the main entrance, alarm bells on other doors, and security (rent a cops wothout firearms could help here even) to watch cameras and listen for alarms there’s virtually no way to sneak a firearm or other metallic object into the school itself. Hard to excuse yourself to go get something if it cannot maks it thru the door

Last edited:
I thought personal attacks were against the new war room rules?

Presidential slack?

Or reason for the yellow?

Naw . . . he had them before that.

Name calling is all he really has in this discussion . . .

Yeah... clearly too many doors are your problem.

Actually he was already in the school, and excused himself from class to collect his guns.

Do he go to his car and get the gun? So how was he allowed to walk out and back in?

What you don't want to admitt is there are other ways to get this under control then to take everyone's guns away.

Why aren't school employees trained and armed?

Many teachers are crossed trained in other skills that they might need while teaching.

First aid and CPR are two that immediately come to mind.

Some even learn some behavioral health assessment techniques to help deal with troubled kids in elementary school or how to evaluate kids and develop education plans to address any issues the kid might have in the classroom.

I’m not sure of anybody who says “less doors” means one decent quality steel door from Home Depot, they mean one door, camera, a device used to sniff out large metal objects and alarms on other doors if they’re used improperly thru the day. You see, if you had a metal sniffing device on the main entrance, alarm bells on other doors, and security (rent a cops wothout firearms could help here even) to watch cameras and listen for alarms there’s virtually no way to sneak a firearm or other metallic object into the school itself. Hard to excuse yourself to go get something if it cannot maks it thru the door

They already had metal detectors at this school apparently.
Sure, you could turn every school into a secure lock down zone with TSA type security everywhere.
Wouldn't want to infringe that American Freedom right?

Do he go to his car and get the gun? So how was he allowed to walk out and back in?

What you don't want to admitt is there are other ways to get this under control then to take everyone's guns away.

They haven't said how he managed to get the guns in, they do have metal detectors though.
Sure, turning every school into a lockdown zone with TSA style security would probably be another option.
Probably have to do something to prevent them waiting outside to shoot a bunch of kids when they leave as well.
Specifically for school shootings of course.

You ignore what is being posted and go with hyperbole instead.

Locking doors and controling entry is not making schools prisons and no one is saying locking doors so you can't just get in is going to stop all possibility of it happening. It would however do a great deal in making it much harder.

They already had metal detectors at this school apparently.
Sure, you could turn every school into a secure lock down zone with TSA type security everywhere.
Wouldn't want to infringe that American Freedom right?

We have security at all kinds of places where you have to enter through 1 door only due to security and they are not prison nor do they look like prisons.

If I was a teacher I'd rock a pistol.

Back