Annoying False Advertising in Restaurants

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What are some advertising or promotions you've seen in restaurants that didn't live up to the hype?

The two I've seen recently:

- A drink so strong they could only serve two per customer.
I drank one, and barely felt a buzz.

- Food so spicy you'll have to sign a consent form because you might not be able to handle it.
You call that spicy hot? Bullshit! It didn't even make me break a sweat.
I want my spicy food so hot that it makes me cry after eating it.

All you can eat, such bullshit, they look at you funny when you start putting crab legs in your jacket pocket

All you can eat, such bullshit, they look at you funny when you start putting crab legs in your jacket pocket

There's some "all you can eat" Korean BBQ places here that advertise "ribeye" but it's clearly a cheaper cut.

Obviously the pictures. The actual food never looks like the pictures. And the waitresses are never as hawt as you see on TV. Hooters has some ugly as girls. I never seen anyone as hawt as Kat Cole working at Hooters. Applebees, or Chilis' etc etc will occassionally have hawt chicks.

Also some strip clubs that serve food dont always have hawt chicks stripping. They may have a handful, but the rest are meh.

There are all you can eat sushi places in NYC run by the chinese, but they only let you order sashimi one time, and its like one piece. You only get all you can eat rolls and they pack it with rice, so you fill up on rice too fast.

That goes for pretty much every restaurant. Thanks to yelp we have real pictures now.
They actually don’t use the real burgers for the pictures. They will brush the bread with oil to give it a hint of shine, spray droplets on the edge of the lettuce, all kinds of tricks.

Back