Annoucer Goes Racist On Tv

Racism is at an all time high, and people who make racist remarks need to be called out on it. Just because you don't deal with it, doesn't make it a non issue.
“All time high”

It’s hilarious how people just can’t help themselves. They want to convince you of what they believe so badly they are willing to lie and make up statistics. They do it so often they don’t even realize they’re doing it anymore.

Westbrook’s greatness tends to make people lose it.

Still not exactly all that racist of a comment.

Westbrook needs to stand up and demand the guy gets fired. I really dislike that for the most part NBA players are less likely to get politically active

Listen to the annoucer

Westbook is out of his Cotton Picking Mind!!

Yeah i am not sure that is going slide today.

Are there any words for white people that can't be said?

These people were never taught sticks and stones may break your bones, but words cannot hurt you.

Racism has. Become a one way street

So the phrase was originally absent of a derogatory racist implication and first used in the 1700's. I myself have grown up hearing the term but never to describe a black person or anything close to that. There's no way he meant this in a racist way and if we continue to seek racism out where it doesn't exist, it's going to die a lot slower of a death, creating unnecessary victims and animosity.

it's an expression that means he is a fool? Why would he call him a fool for making a good play?
No, the phrase came because cotton is tough as nails to tend to by hand. It's hard work and painful, the phrase originated because those willing to do the work must be crazy. It was coined before the US relied on an industy around forcing people to do. It's not to say a person is foolish, but more so someone who makes work harder for themselves.

So the phrase was originally absent of a derogatory racist implication and first used in the 1700's. I myself have grown up hearing the term but never to describe a black person or anything close to that. There's no way he meant this in a racist way and if we continue to seek racism out where it doesn't exist, it's going to die a lot slower of a death, creating unnecessary victims and animosity.
I am sure African Americans appreciate you letting them know what is offensive to them

Listen to the annoucer

You're an idiot. That phrase has nothing to do with race. It can be used with any race or gender. The fact that you associate picking cotton with blacks exposes your own racism. Do you think only blacks have ever picked cotton?

Right, it's an old saying that shouldn't be used anymore for obvious reasons. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

But hi like you said, I must be offended just for saying all this.

No, you're just an idiot.

I have heard that used in reference to all race of people before.

It was not meant to be and is not racist.

This is the shit we live in now where people try to be offended at anything.

The race card has been played so hard and so often that it is losing all meaning.

And people who use the race card like this wonder why people just do not care and tell them to fuck off.

Racism comes in all forms. Hate crimes are a form of racism. So is giving a black man a longer prison sentence than a white counterpart for the same crime. Just because hooded men on horseback aren't patrolling the streets does mean racism isn't rampant. We who value freedom must combat racism in all of it's forms.

Black people tend to get longer sentences, because they tend to have previous convictions. There is no conspiracy to give POC longer prison sentences in 2018. Judges tend to apply different punishments as well.

You could just as easily find two white people that have different prison sentences for the same crime.

Even if he were trying to be racist you people need to grow the fuck up and stop being offended by everything.

LOL classic

"Even if people are actively racist, you all that are affected by racism need to grow up and let it slide."

Not a privileged statement at all.

I am sure African Americans appreciate you letting them know what is offensive to them

Probably about as much as they appreciate you feeling competent enough to speak for every single one of them.

I say he did nothing wrong. And was not being racist.

But what’s up with the losers who think actual open racism in the workplace should be accepted and people should suck it up. Are you actually that stupid?
You people is also an expression, white liberals wear it better than anyone else. Everything else you said is conjecture on your part

Westbrook needs to stand up and demand the guy gets fired. I really dislike that for the most part NBA players are less likely to get politically active

So we are going straight to firing for this? It's really that clear cut and unforgivable? Wow.

Listen to the annoucer

That is ridiculous! Consider that announcers can not use explitives to convey the way we normally talk, so they say things that sound silly af. “Cotton pickin” is a nice way to say “damn”

This was not race specific and if they make a big deal over this, well they can go fuck their cotton pickin sleeves.

Back