Annabelle prequel is on the way - Annabelle: Creation (UPDATE: 100% on RT after 10 reviews)

G

Guestx

Anyone else know this was in the works?

It appears they're going the Ouija route: Bring in a more experienced and talented creative team to make sure the sequel is actually a substantial improvement over the first film.

Annebelle is my dog's name.
IMG_2747_zps17jkxmxy.jpg

The first one was dumb as hell.

That's my insightful contribution to this thread.

{<redford}

The first one was dumb as hell.

That's my insightful contribution to this thread.

{<redford}

Insightful, indeed. AND a contribution!

I thought the first one had a sufficiently creepy mood and some intense moments, but the plot was incredibly thin and the characters did some really stupid shit.

This one looks a lot better, though. Like I said in the OP, it strikes me as a Ouija/Ouija: Origin of Evil situation.

Insightful, indeed. AND a contribution!

I thought the first one had a sufficiently creepy mood and some intense moments, but the plot was incredibly thin and the characters did some really stupid shit.

This one looks a lot better, though. Like I said in the OP, it strikes me as a Ouija/Ouija: Origin of Evil situation.
Personally I'm just not a fan of supernatural horror. An evil doll? Dumb.

To each their own.

I will say though, looking at the Wikipedia page I gotta throw some hespect the studios way for making such a profitable movie. A less than $10 million dollar budget and it grossed over $200 million dollars - you don't see that too often.

Seriously how can this doll be that tough to beat? Its like worse than Chucky.

The Conjuring was great.

Annabelle sucked.

With that said, I'll probably watch it - on Redbox.

Personally I'm just not a fan of supernatural horror. An evil doll? Dumb.

Shit, that's about the only kind I get into. I don't go for Hostel or Saw or any of that kind of thing.

I will say though, looking at the Wikipedia page I gotta throw some hespect the studios way for making such a profitable movie. A less than $10 million dollar budget and it grossed over $200 million dollars - you don't see that too often.

It's insane how cheaply horror movies are made and how much money they often make. A few more examples:

Blair Witch Project

Budget: $60,000
Box Office: $246 million

Paranormal Activity

Budget: $15,000
Box Office: $193 million

The Conjuring

Budget: $20 million
Box Office: $318 million

Ouija

Budget: $5 million
Box Office: $103 million

Insidious

Budget: $1.5 million
Box Office: $97 million

The first one was absolute garbage. Will not see this trash.

Photos-Of-The-Real-Annabelle.jpg.cf.jpg

Using a doll similar to the "real" one would have been more terrifying, instead if some sinister looking doll.

Oh, the evil doll is evil!? Surprise

Also, I think the woman holding the doll is the real life Lorraine Warren, who has a cameo in the first Conjuring movie.

Photos-Of-The-Real-Annabelle.jpg.cf.jpg

Using a doll similar to the "real" one would have been more terrifying, instead if some sinister looking doll.

Oh, the evil doll is evil!? Surprise

I've actually thought about this. It does seem cliched that the haunted doll is a creepy looking doll. But on the other hand, I'm just not sure that a Raggedy Ann would have been taken seriously by most audiences.

Also, I think the woman holding the doll is the real life Lorraine Warren, who has a cameo in the first Conjuring movie.

It is.

The Conjuring was great.

Annabelle sucked.

With that said, I'll probably watch it - on Redbox.

I thought Annabelle was definitely problematic as a whole--I mean, holy shit, the whole thing could've been avoided by simply grabbing the kid and getting out of the building!--but I can't deny that there were some very creepy individual moments in it.

Back