Anime and Manga v39

Why are people still following One Piece after 20 years? At some point a story needs to end.

Why are people still following One Piece after 20 years? At some point a story needs to end.
Why do people still read Batman stories after almost 80 years? At some point a story needs to end.

Age, in and of itself, is not a compelling reason for something to end. I'll agree that it tends to correlate well with a series being played-out -- even more so for a single-author endeavor -- but people clearly believe OP continues to be a worth-while read.

Why do people still read Batman stories after almost 80 years? At some point a story needs to end.

Age, in and of itself, is not a compelling reason for something to end. I'll agree that it tends to correlate well with a series being played-out -- even more so for a single-author endeavor -- but people clearly believe OP continues to be a worth-while read.

Yup and quite frankly where as most western comics have already finished their arcs , many of OP most compelling questions as are still unanswered. We don't even know for 100% sure what One Piece actually is.

Yup and quite frankly where as most western comics have already finished their arcs , many of OP most compelling questions as are still unanswered. We don't even know for 100% sure what One Piece actually is.

Meh. It has it’s place. I don’t enjoy being edged for 20 years though. Give me a solid story with an ending in the foreseeable future anyday.

412269_2.jpg

Any intel on when Togashis gonna get off his ass and draw some more Cliffhanger X Cliffhanger?

Meh. It has it’s place. I don’t enjoy being edged for 20 years though. Give me a solid story with an ending in the foreseeable future anyday.
I can understand the sentiment. Many of my favorite series were obviously plotted out all the way right from the start. Most long running series, especially shonens, suffer from "indeterminate ending syndrome" where the author didn't have much really planned past ~100 chapters worth of material and they're forced to keep coming up with plot after plot and trying to keep them woven together and building towards some goal. But that goal is up in the air and the final resolution is probably nothing like originally envisioned (if there even was a planned ending in the first place).

As long as OP has been (and it's long-windedness is why I eventually dropped the series) I think Oda has things pretty well planned out. His problem isn't really one of planning, it's one of scale and sprawl. The arcs keep getting longer, with more new characters and too many core characters that all need screen time. This unwillingness to leave anybody behind greatly hurts the pacing and makes the final resolution feel farther and farther away when it should be the opposite.

Question in regards to Zoro from One Piece. Has the manga explained why he has his left eye closed? Do you think he has some kind of special ability?

Question in regards to Zoro from One Piece. Has the manga explained why he has his left eye closed? Do you think he has some kind of special ability?
They haven't said yet. People have been speculating as to if he has some sort of power in that eye. Some people figure that when he opens it he'll use his own Conquerors Haki.

Read it. Liked the chapter and was wondering if the issue with the sword was gonna come up again. Will post further thoughts later.

Dude sweet AV..

Bill Cipher is not done yet .

Dude sweet AV..

Bill Cipher is not done yet .

Lol, you just NOW noticed it? With this chapter we're FINALLY in Wano. I'm curious about how Hogback got Ryuma's body at all and want that explained along with how Kaido is backing the Shogun who is trying to perform a coup here and what that's all about. Usopp as a toad oil salesman and Robin as a Geisha are gonna be fun to see and am curious if Franky is gonna have "technology" trade type of situation where he introduces methods and styles from the outside to Wano and in the process learns new stuff to add to the Sunny.

I gave this one a try and the Goku/Vegeta complex is strong that I'm going to follow future episodes.

Back