Anime and Manga v39

Couple things:

- We ever getting another Ippo TV series? I know they did one that leads up to the Eagle fight but I don't think it actually happens
It happened in Hajime no Ippo rising.
No new anime series has been brought up.

-
Was Ippo losing in that world rank match seriously the end of the series?
Nope. The manga is still running. And Ippo is getting that itch.

- GOing back and rewatching Bleach or Naruto from the beginning is so goddamn depressing. I know they're Shonen but they showed promise then... well, we all know what happened.
It's a shame. Writing and plot went to shit.

Edit: Since it's also getting an anime soon, I'd like you're guy's thoughts on Reincarnated into a Slime(for those not read it, it's fucking awesome).
That's a really fun manga. If handled by a competent studio it should make an excellent anime.

you guys reading up on Hunter X Hunter? the new arc is amazing

you guys reading up on Hunter X Hunter? the new arc is amazing
It's coming along. Too many characters for my liking though.

You got:

Princes
Zodiacs
Bodyguards
Mafia
Spiders
Soldiers
Various hunters
Maids...

Hope Prince Terror sandwich gets owned. Benjamin is cool.

And I want to see Hisoka go on a killing spree.

It's coming along. Too many characters for my liking though.

You got:

Princes
Zodiacs
Bodyguards
Mafia
Spiders
Soldiers
Various hunters
Maids...

Hope Prince Terror sandwich gets owned. Benjamin is cool.

And I want to see Hisoka go on a killing spree.

yeah when this gets animated there gonna have to trim up some stuff for sure, Hizoka against everyone is gonna be increible i can sense it

yeah when this gets animated there gonna have to trim up some stuff for sure, Hizoka against everyone is gonna be increible i can sense it
Yeah it will.

We probably won't see it get animated for a while however. Manga Hiatus an all.

Seeing Chrollo vs Hisoka in motion I think will be one of the best fights in the series.

Last edited:
Old Joseph is my favorite, especially when he speaks English.
"OH NO!"
"OH. MY. GOD."
"SONOFABITCH!"
My username is based on JoJo's. Its a goddamn masterpiece, Im so glad to have watched 4 seasons uninterrupted by week long waits.

Old Man Joseph is one of my favorite characters across all media.

I love the butchered Japanese English in JoJo's. DAAAA WARDO.

When this came on the first time, I died from laughter.

Gonna rewatch in a year or two, just a classic show.

My username is based on JoJo's. Its a goddamn masterpiece, Im so glad to have watched 4 seasons uninterrupted by week long waits.

Old Man Joseph is one of my favorite characters across all media.

I love the butchered Japanese English in JoJo's. DAAAA WARDO.

When this came on the first time, I died from laughter.

Gonna rewatch in a year or two, just a classic show.

I remember asking myself wtf is zawarudo?

DevilMan Crybaby is that one edgy show thats actually good.

Beyond the gore, sex, nudity etc is some well done character development. That scene in episode 9 got me. Last 2 episodes felt like they were going at breakneck speeds but smeho had this solemn and melancholic atmosphere to it. The ending is so good.

AND THE OST, is possibly the GOAT shit ever.

Last edited:
I remember asking myself wtf is zawarudo?

First place I ever found out about this series was from the OG arcade game by Capcom. The game just looked so fucking cool and weird where you summoned this "shadows" to fight alongside you.

First place I ever found out about this series was from the OG arcade game by Capcom. The game just looked so fucking cool and weird where you summoned this "shadows" to fight alongside you.
Lmao! Me too.

"Jojo's Bizaare Adventure?"

Didn't know it was a manga/anime after a decade later.

Lmao! Me too.

"Jojo's Bizaare Adventure?"

Didn't know it was a manga/anime after a decade later.

Same. I always kept the name in mind since it was so distinct and it was some 5-6 years later I learned it was a manga and a few more before I'd actually read it at some of the OG sites like Onemanga(RIP).

Okay...REAAAALLY been meaning to ask about this since I recently found out about and while late I do want to get everyone's thoughts on it since it was never brought up.

Last week on the Nintendo reddit, someone posted an OLD Nintendo add from the 1870's or the Meiji Era advertising Karafuta cards. Naturally this led to jokes and references to Ruroni Kenshin which in turn reminded me that I hadn't watched it in a very long time or read the manga. So I went to Tropes and browsed on there a bit and saw mention of Watsuki having gotten into some kind of trouble major enough to taint opinion on his work. And yeah...Not good things when I read the articles. Needless to say, the continuation is in indefinite hiatus. This happened November of last year so it's late on it, but I wanted your guy's thoughts on it.

Bleach was the last anime I watched. Been over a decade since I've watched anime. Is there anything that's even good anymore? I can't imagine it being better than the 90's and 00's which is when I was into anime. What is a good show that is from this decade?

Okay...REAAAALLY been meaning to ask about this since I recently found out about and while late I do want to get everyone's thoughts on it since it was never brought up.

Last week on the Nintendo reddit, someone posted an OLD Nintendo add from the 1870's or the Meiji Era advertising Karafuta cards. Naturally this led to jokes and references to Ruroni Kenshin which in turn reminded me that I hadn't watched it in a very long time or read the manga. So I went to Tropes and browsed on there a bit and saw mention of Watsuki having gotten into some kind of trouble major enough to taint opinion on his work. And yeah...Not good things when I read the articles. Needless to say, the continuation is in indefinite hiatus. This happened November of last year so it's late on it, but I wanted your guy's thoughts on it.
Well, if he's found guilty, obviously that makes him an unsavory character. It can be hard to separate an artist from their artwork, but I don't remember RK featuring anything skeezy like what he was arrested for.

Bleach was the last anime I watched. Been over a decade since I've watched anime. Is there anything that's even good anymore? I can't imagine it being better than the 90's and 00's which is when I was into anime. What is a good show that is from this decade?
Hunter X Hunter

Back