Anime and Manga v38

New hajime no ippo...

Where does Ippo go from here? With tko losses to both Date and Gonzales(both of whom were in turn stopped twice by Martinez) and how this fight is going, there's just no way you can build him up as a credible threat to Martinez.

Where does Ippo go from here? With tko losses to both Date and Gonzales(both of whom were in turn stopped twice by Martinez) and how this fight is going, there's just no way you can build him up as a credible threat to Martinez.
Martinez in a wheelchair from old age.

No...I still see Ricardo jabbing Ippo into living death.

You mentioned it in this thread already, but how could they focus on offense when he was just brutally KOed. Nevermind the fact that Guevara is his first Southpaw ever. They taught him how to close the distance, but sadly never mentioned the incoming left hook.

Been keeping it old school lately. Watched Rurouni Kenshin recently (couldn't finish watching after the Shishio arc though....) and I'm almost half way through Yu Yu Hakusho. YYH is fun to watch after watching HxH. I know the new Gintama is out, but really interested until the final arc arrives.

Been keeping it old school lately. Watched Rurouni Kenshin recently (couldn't finish watching after the Shishio arc though....) and I'm almost half way through Yu Yu Hakusho. YYH is fun to watch after watching HxH. I know the new Gintama is out, but really interested until the final arc arrives.

YYH is weird for me in that overall I'd say Anime>Manga, but the Manga does a lot better of a job in character building especially with Keiko(MUCH less girly and meek and much more headstrong) and Yusuke's Mom(Makes it REALLY obvious she's "connected" and appears in the Tourney arc). They also left out the arc where Hiei and Kuruma first met which was an interesting story among a few other stories.

You mentioned it in this thread already, but how could they focus on offense when he was just brutally KOed. Nevermind the fact that Guevara is his first Southpaw ever. They taught him how to close the distance, but sadly never mentioned the incoming left hook.

It just bugs me since I've got no clue where they're going with any of this unless it's Kamogawa realizing that he has nothing more to offer Ippo and recommending him other trainers and gyms who can elevate him to where he needs to be.

YYH is weird for me in that overall I'd say Anime>Manga, but the Manga does a lot better of a job in character building especially with Keiko(MUCH less girly and meek and much more headstrong) and Yusuke's Mom(Makes it REALLY obvious she's "connected" and appears in the Tourney arc). They also left out the arc where Hiei and Kuruma first met which was an interesting story among a few other stories.

It just bugs me since I've got no clue where they're going with any of this unless it's Kamogawa realizing that he has nothing more to offer Ippo and recommending him other trainers and gyms who can elevate him to where he needs to be.
Does Kamogawa even offer anything to Takamura?

Seems like Kamogawa is the Virgil Hunter of this manga, and just like Virgil he found his Ward in Takamura during his youth. He taught Takamura the fundamentals, but it seems when it comes to the fight Takamura figures his opponent out on his own. Finding the way to set his own pace.

Does Kamogawa even offer anything to Takamura?

Seems like Kamogawa is the Virgil Hunter of this manga, and just like Virgil he found his Ward in Takamura during his youth. He taught Takamura the fundamentals, but it seems when it comes to the fight Takamura figures his opponent out on his own. Finding the way to set his own pace.

I admit to have only read bits and pieces here and there of the manga(it's over 1000 chapters, ain't nobody got time for that), but it often does feel like that. Could be that they just don't show it, but other than that I'm drawing a blank.

I suspect we might get some sorta time skip in the HNI verse. Maybe not a big one but some kinda training montage and victory reel of Ippo moving up through the ranks.

I don't see how George can make another 1000 chapters with his health.

And I agree YYH anime is slightly better than the manga but lacks the small details that made certain characters shine in the manga.

He could get the Aoki treatment. Everyone in the top 5 gets injured/retires.

22730145_10156114249859505_4924468725874830998_n.jpg

New One Piece...

Oh Dogtooth, too perfect to be true but everyone needs some alone time.

Might as well finish this thread.

A lot of good chapters this week.

One Piece back on track

OPM- Good action as always. The drawings and fights are amazing to see.

Happiness- Creepy vampire dude is a weirdo. Don't expect for this series to be long.

Ballroom-Keeping track of the series. They're really rushing the show. Source material is going to run out. Characters are not as fleshed out like the manga. Still a good show though.

Ippo- Finally lands a killer shot. Fight has been disappointing. Sendo should be main character.

Last edited:
Might as well finish this thread.

A lot of good chapters this week.

One Piece back on track

OPM- Good action as always. The drawings and fights are amazing to see.

Happiness- Creepy vampire dude is a weirdo. Don't except for this series to be long.

Ballroom-Keeping track of the series. They're really rushing the show. Source material is going to run out. Characters are not as fleshed out like the manga. Still a good show though.

Ippo- Finally lands a killer shot. Fight has been disappointing. Sendo should be main character.

I like Dogtooth a lot. He's bossing like a champ. Also, where did you read the Ippo chapter?

I like Dogtooth a lot. He's bossing like a champ. Also, where did you read the Ippo chapter?
Dogtooth should be in a better crew. Next strawhat confirmed.

Geezer tree and unicorn will join later. Luffy did want them in his crew.
output_image.php

Ippo chapter was a raw I glanced over. No trans out yet. But Ippo connects good.
c0bb5991.jpg

Last edited:
So does no one else on here read Attack on Titan?

So does no one else on here read Attack on Titan?
I gave up on it a good while back. I felt like it wasn't going anywhere and had stopped caring about the resolution of the "what's in the basement" mystery.

I gave up on it a good while back. I felt like it wasn't going anywhere and had stopped caring about the resolution of the "what's in the basement" mystery.
You're really missing out.
Are you saying you stopped reading before they went back to his dad's basement?

You're really missing out.
Are you saying you stopped reading before they went back to his dad's basement?
Yup, I dumped it on chapter 54. And I reaaallllllly doubt I'm missing out. I thought it lost its spark after...eh, I don't remember it well enough at this point, probably somewhere in the mid 30s where it was sort of going in circles and then started revealing everybody and their brother were titans.

Yup, I dumped it on chapter 54. And I reaaallllllly doubt I'm missing out. I thought it lost its spark after...eh, I don't remember it well enough at this point, probably somewhere in the mid 30s where it was sort of going in circles and then started revealing everybody and their brother were titans.
Wow, so you didn't even stick around for the Battle of Shingashina. They jumped ahead 4 years (and to another continent) after that. There's only like 10-12 chapters left.

Back