Anime and Manga v33

Saw The Tale of Princess Kaguya yesterday and it was excellent. The art and animation might be the best I've seen out of Ghibli. Especially liked the emotionally driven tracking shots.

Another thing I liked is the movie's detailed depiction of old Japanese social customs and how well it was implemented as a pivotal part of the story and character development. There's also a strong theme of conflict between social assimilation and self identity.

least nobody is talking about Avatar or Legend of Korra. Two of the most overrated hackneyed series to come out in recent years

Well that would be because they are neither anime nor manga and have their own dedicated thread over here.

It's on page 93 >.> come on man catch up THEN post lol

Dude... I don't know why people like Shokugeki no Soma. I mean, I don't know if any of you are familiar with high level ryoriten but shit is just.... no, bro. :cool:

Good characters, hot girls, good art, funny, what's not to like?

the quality on Parasyte this week was kinda "meh" a lot of the faces were just completely half-assed even the MC's face at some points was really bad.

least nobody is talking about Avatar or Legend of Korra. Two of the most overrated hackneyed series to come out in recent years

Avatar was freaking amazing. Great well executed premise, awesome story, good written characters and a last fight that puts every shonen to shame. What not to like.

Haven't watched Korea yet.

Kora is absolute garbage. avatar was an awesome show for western kids to get a taste for anime, imo.

I can't recall who reads it here besides myself (hell I might be the only one) but Tough! seems to be updating at a pretty "steady" pace about 4-5 chapters a month lately, just for those interested.

Kora is absolute garbage. avatar was an awesome show for western kids to get a taste for anime, imo.

Korra is generally following a similar formula to the original series. You can prefer one to the other, but if you think one show was "awesome" I find it hard to believe you would think the other is garbage.

^really? ive seen a lot of the same skepticism from a lot of people. korra doesnt hold the same magic and feels tired to me.

avatar was a great kids show with a lot of charm,i couldnt find that in kora at all.

I guess, but it's still puzzling me how someone could call it terrible when they enjoyed the original series. Could you care to explain? I'm interested in hearing.

Korra doesn't have the adventure elements and scope of Last Airbender. The action scenes are great though.

I'm not babysitting this thread for three more posts, so I'm going to go make the next thread. I'll be back with a link when it's up, as per usual.
edit: Anime and Manga v34

Ive been getting in to anime recently. I was always a big dbz fan but I never really thought I would like anything else.

I tried attack on titan. It was a decent show but it wasnt my type.

One punch man was amazing. Best ive seen.

I tried one episode of fma brother hood but it didnt suck me in.

I found sword art online sucked me i pretty fast and im enjoying it.

Ill be checkig out a lot more after im done sword art

I love the way the shows are made and the style the japanese have

Back