Anger

3rd Season

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who else has a hard time dealing with their anger? Or who feels like they are more angry than the normal person?

Over the past few years my anger has slowly gotten out of control. I dont lash out but i can be extremely passive aggresive and in hindsight i can be pretty self destructive. Usually as a result of some deep rooted anger/hate/anxiety.

Im 25 btw, sometimes it can be pretty embarrassing how ridiculous it is. Its manifested itself in all sorts of ways and ive coped with hard drugs (only smoke weed now like a bad habit) and ruined many relationships because of it.

Anyways i write this because i know im not the only one, especially on a mma forum. Does anyone have any tips or stories dealing with excess negative energy? Fuckin let it out, you may help me or some other piss poor guy like me out!

anger is one letter short from danger. Be careful with that.

Do you know why you are angry?

well since this is an mma forum; have you tried training some martial arts?

Right here. I have the shortest fuse, I have to focus on not snapping. I've gotten better with it over the years. Best way for me to keep it in check is to remind myself of the consequences of letting my anger rule me.

And hit the gym like a maniac.

The person who gets the least emotional wins. Be like water.

Starting fires usually helps me when I'm angry

Lifelong struggle. I feel like I've gotten better the last 5 years or so, but it's still tough.

When I was 25 I had anger problems. I would let the anger ruin my day, just had angry thoughts and I would get that chest pressure. I would dwell on little things and I felt like people were against me. I would think about hurting the ones they love. Anytime people make me angry I think about hurting the ones they love. I had a girlfriend at the time but my life just wasn't going as good as I wanted it to. I wanted to live with my girlfriend and my dog (she had my time at the time) I made goals and grinded my way to those goals. The first of which was to buy a house so I could marry my gf and live with my dog. I now have two dogs and they make life easier and more fun. I also started riding streetbikes and became addicted. Motorcycles now occupy that space in my mind where I would have time to dwell on things and become angry. Having goals, living with my lady and dogs, and having hobbies have helped me come a long way. I am now 31

Last edited:
I can at times feel extremely bitter about things. Many of which I have no control over. Anger (like all emotions) is there for a reason. It helps us defend ourselves when people are trying to harm us, either socially or physically, and at times it can even feel good in a way, but it is one of those emotions that can get out of control very quickly.

Ask yourself: what am I accomplishing by being angry? Is this person/thing/subject worth raising my blood pressure? Often times, we get angry about things, but that anger doesn't lead to anything productive.

beer helps

not so sure about that one. I have seen plenty of situations when I was younger, where someone was upset about something and it seemed as if it would just blow over. Then the drinking starts and the next thing you know you are fighting with your best friend because they are shit faced and want to drive and find the person they were pissed at earlier and now with the alcohol are only 10x more pissed.

I'm pretty chill for the most part, but what tension and frustration I do let creep in from time to time is easily expelled through physical exercise.

Anger tends to be a secondary
emotion for me. I never jump
from zero to angry. It usually
takes pain or frustration for me
to get there.

I'm not easily angered..

I have horrible bursts of anger, I'm fairly level headed most of the time and as I've got older I've chilled abit, but if I'm in a mood I'm not the nicest to be around. To settle down I usually fuck off somewhere to clear my head and reset myself.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies thus far. I do understand how pointless it can be to entertain, thepost that started with I was really angry at 25 sounds just like me.

If im being honest ive never really tried to sign myself up for a martial art or any kind of mma training even though ive pondered it since i was 16. Its aleays been a what if.. thing.

To the people who train, are classes expensive?

If you're doing something that isn't good for you. Stop doing it.

Simple, yet effective.

Back