ANGELA LEE REMATCH NOV.24th vs. mei... | Page 2

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by dissufc, Sep 4, 2017.

1. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    Urine tests are the easiest to pass. So easy to pass off someone else's urine as your own, unless someone is literally standing over you watching you piss. Even there, people still have gotten away with it.

Here's the policy as posted by our own Sherdog:
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/On...n-Policy-Following-Recent-Fighter-Death-97649

Much of it relies on athletes being honest about their weight, lol.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  2. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    LOL.

Sorry but you are wrong. I thought you were gonna give an interesting answer.

So...they watch you piss.... Problem solved.

That's how USADA does it.

Read the policy again. The athletes report their weight (and are supposed to be honest) in the weeks leading up to the fight....this is for the promotions benefit, something like insurance against the fighter missing weight, I assume.
    The reason is because they don't want to cancel fights on short notice when guys can't make weight. And if they do cancel fights, they can place the blame squarely on the fighter, fine them etc. because to make it to fight week they would have had to report themselves as being on weight.

100% of the athletes have to pass the urine test before they step onto the scales.

3. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    Wow, so you named the exception rather than the rule. Way to make an argument. :rolleyes:
    Angela vs Yamaguchi:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    upload_2017-10-31_22-6-5.jpeg

Lee vs Huang:
    upload_2017-10-31_22-6-43.jpeg
    Looks like she's ready to eat Jenny in this next one:
    [​IMG]
    Looking a little dehydrated in this one, but that can't be possible, because they test for that, right?
    [​IMG]

Lee vs. Natalie Gonzalez Hills:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

vs. Aya Saeid Saber:
    [​IMG]

The size difference is noticeable in all all of these. She's not just taller, she's half again as wide as them.

6AyTagR8 likes this.
  4. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    Blue: but does ONE do it? Can anyone say for sure?
    Red: LMFAO. expecting honesty in combat sports is like walking into a whore house without a condom and expecting to come out clean.

I've read that you can weigh in multiple times. I have yet to see if they have to piss every time they weigh in.

It also says they can't use an IV. Are they actually checking all the fighters shit to make sure they aren't bringing them?

This policy comes off exactly what it looks like: a face saving measure after a fighter died under their banner. They don't test for roids, but suddenly they're going through all this for weight? I hate to bring someone else into this, but @Asurah has said he's seen reports of guys still running around with sauna suits before weigh ins.

6AyTagR8 likes this.
  5. freaky Black Belt

freaky
    Laugh all you guys want but under the right circumstances, Angela Lee can beat up Cain.

6. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada

Are you really this simple minded?

The weigh in system doesnt RELY on the fighters honesty. It's an additional measure...more to safeguard business interests than fighter health (in my opinion). It's in the fighters best interest to be honest because if they lie about being in weight and then miss weight - they'd probably be thrown under the bus.
    But anyway, it's irrelevant to the discussion on fighter safety in my opinion.

The key point of the system is the dehydration tests prior to weigh ins.

You CAN weigh in multiple times. As long as you can pass the hydration test, you can weigh in as many times as you need (as I understand).

If you have seen people in saunas, that's not surprising...fighters can still cut weight to a certain extent, just not to a dangerous extent. And there's nothing wrong with that.

7. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    Red: as I already pojnted out, those can be cheated.

Blue: Yes, as you understand. perception isn't always reality.

You are calling me simple minded, but you are taking everything a fight promotion is saying at face value.
    <Oku02>

Meanwhile, they went from having public weigh ins, to everything happening behind closed doors.

6AyTagR8 likes this.
  8. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    Plenty of fighters have complained about ONE not being able to get the fights and keeping them on the shelf, but has anyone complained about their weight in policy?

I just searched and found 1 complaint from Bibiano Fernandes who complained because he didn't realise that his division limit was going to be increased to 145.

Assuming everything is a lie is just as bad as taking things at face value...and more insulting.

9. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    Fighters don't complain about ONE because they get shelved and fucked over. Or they get fired and stuck in Singapore with no way to get home.

10. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    What the fuck are you talking about?

11. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    Herbert Burns

12. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    @leto1776

So I will reply this part first, from the Reddit thread...because i just talk about weigh in system primarily, as that's what is most interesting about ONE.
    As for the business practices of Chatri and Evolve, I don't really trust them either...although some of the complaints in that thread seem par for the course for foreigners working in Singapore (like I am too), maybe we can get into it later.
    First of all, Askren vs sapo 2 was before the rule change, so it's not too relevant when discussing the new system. I bought tickets for that event so I was pissed off too.
    Anyway this extreme missing of weight by sapo may be part of the reason they ask fighters to report their weight weeks out? It's possible.

As for Roger Gracie, it's plain wrong. Roger won LHW (225lb/102.1kg in one) belt and said he wanted the MW (205lb/93kg in one) belt...that is surely possible/normal without dehydrating to much, for a guy who cut to 185lbs in UFC.

As for what he said, yes it's true the rules say you cannot be more than 6% over the weight limit 7 weeks out (the % reduces as you get closer to the fight), and you have to be ON WEIGHT 3 weeks out. This is supposed to make sure that fighters are not cutting weight...but as I have said, it's not checked and up to the fighters honesty. That's why I doubt Angela Lee (or any of the larger fighters) really adhere to this honestly. Regardless, fighters must be *sufficiently hydrated* to weigh in, and THAT ALONE makes it the solution to the weight cutting issue.

He also complained about too many catch weights. This was explained publicly by Rich Franklin...if the fighter can't make weight without dehydrating, they hydrate themselves to a required level and then weigh in.
    A catchweight will be made as long as the weight is within 5% of the opponent (not the division limit).

I'm sure there are some financial penalities for missing weight, because it implies the fighters were lying about their weight for the last 3 weeks (and should probably be fighting at a higher division). Anyway I think this is a good part of the system, that they allow reasonable catchweight fights...so fights aren't cancelled at the last minute, and there is still not allowed to be a ridiculous weight discrepancy.

To me, as long as they are hydrated when they weigh in (at a reasonable time), and they make weight, and the scales aren't rigged, the system is good to solve the problem.

13. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    i spy 2 more posters being added to leto's ignore list.

if you have even halfway sound arguments with even subjective (obviously, objective is better) evidence to back it, the leto playbook is evasion, wild/unfounded accusations, and just calling you a troll and ignoring; while pretending to hold the moral and logical high ground.

for what it's worth, i think leto's claims are mostly on-point this time. one fc was more or less caught playing favorites with enforcing their rules. not that it matters, with how bad their cards have been and how they clearly just want the hype and bullshit approach to mma.

14. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver

leto1776
    I jus ignore trolls looking to argue, like yourself. Kutsumi and Eseses actually bring value to this forum. You haven't been able to do that in 13 years of shitposting.

15. rob mafia Green Belt

rob mafia
    weird. you made numerous posts telling me i'm ignored and pasted my name into your 4 lines long ignore list that was your sig.

and here you are, replying. "ignore" doesn't mean whatever you seem to think it means.

everything i said in my last post is true. when faced with an actually sound argument, you have generally resorted to the playbook i detailed. and you just did it again, by the way. thanks for the support.

16. Asurah (✿ ◕‿◕)つ ─=≡ΣO))

Asurah

Hopefully she didn't suffer too serious of injuries

thatdude21601 likes this.
  17. Pacemaker Joe Red Belt

Pacemaker Joe
    Doesn't look too bad. I mean, car's fucked, but...

18. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    Damn that's awful, hope nobody was seriously hurt

thatdude21601 and Pacemaker Joe like this.
  19. JacJeanFinger Purple Belt

JacJeanFinger
    Every time I say MMA training significantly increases the chance of getting involved in auto accident, someone asks for proof.

Frank Mir
    Tito Ortiz
    Genki Sudo
    Wanderlei Silva
    Quinton Jackson
    Hayato Sakurai
    Tapout founder
    MMAWeekly founder
    Jon Jones
    Kazuo Misaki

Why I don't need to google to come up with 10 examples in 30 seconds is a proof.

20. Katsumi Yamada blood belt

Katsumi Yamada
    She fell asleep at the wheel :(