Andy Souwer Last fight

Pem123

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
According to his instagram page , this will be his last fight.

https://www.onefc.com/events/kingdom-of-heroes/

if it is, i wish him well, he has been one of my favorite for a long time, i still remember watching almost all of his k1 fights when i was still very new to combat sports. It will be very sad to see him retired but he has done enough for the sport and i wish him all the best.

Damn big part of Kickboxing history. Probably better for his health, even though he's still relatively competitive. Masato got out at the smartest time. Lets see how much longer Buakaw takes fights. Kraus should retire too.

I got to meet Andy Souwer at a seminar and he's a really nice and personable guy. Very entertaining fighter and easily top 3 70kger of all time IMO.

Last edited:

Damn big part of Kickboxing history. Probably better for his health, even though he's still relatively competitive. Masato got out at the smartest time. Lets see how much longer Buakaw takes fights. Kraus should retire too.

I got to meet Andy Souwer at a seminar and he's a really nice and personable guy. Very entertaining fighter and easily top 3 70kger of all time IMO.

you met him !!!, damn, im jealous.

im glad to hear he is a great guy inside and outside the ring.

''last challenges of my career'' It almost literally screams it's not his last fight. More the last chapter, I also highly doubt ONE would sign a complete contract for 1 fight.

''last challenges of my career'' It almost literally screams it's not his last fight. More the last chapter, I also highly doubt ONE would sign a complete contract for 1 fight.

if he still has 2 - 3 fight, i doubt he will uses the word "last".

but i would love to see him fight 2 - 3 times, it should be fun to see him fight in ONE FC.

It won't be his last fight. He mentions his final challenges.
He signed a multi fight contract with ONE Championship and those fights will be his final challenges in his career..
Basicly calling One Championship his final chapter of his career.

Attachments

• 2018-09-26_164021.jpg
    2018-09-26_164021.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1
It won't be his last fight. He mentions his final challenges.
He signed a multi fight contract with ONE Championship and those fights will be his final challenges in his career..
Basicly calling One Championship his final chapter of his career.
Doesn't K-1 Japan or Shootboxing have any money to bring him in for a retirement series?

He literally put Shootboxing on the map (despite not really being a shootboxer) and was one of the biggest names in K1 MAX next to Masato and Buakaw.

Damn shame he's not ending his career in Japan

Doesn't K-1 Japan or Shootboxing have any money to bring him in for a retirement series?

He literally put Shootboxing on the map (despite not really being a shootboxer) and was one of the biggest names in K1 MAX next to Masato and Buakaw.

Well, ONE Championship will have 2 events in Japan in 2019. So who knows. But K-1, i dont think their pockets are deep enough to match ONE Championship. and i dont know about shootboxing's current status.

you met him !!!, damn, im jealous.

im glad to hear he is a great guy inside and outside the ring.
Ya one of the nicest fighters I've met. Also very humble. After the seminar which he taught us a lot of his tactics he sat down with the group and took on questions and talked a lot about his career. This was right after losing to Petro for the second time in 2009 so he talked about the challenges in dealing with someone like Petro that reads everything you do and is not just one but two steps ahead of you. Very insightful made me respect him more than I already had.

ONE FC is new and exciting, and if he will have oppurtunity to win more belts which added even more achievement in his legacy.

i know that most fighter probably want to end their career in the place where it all began, but One FC probably offer him good money.

Ya one of the nicest fighters I've met. Also very humble. After the seminar which he taught us a lot of his tactics he sat down with the group and took on questions and talked a lot about his career. This was right after losing to Petro for the second time in 2009 so he talked about the challenges in dealing with someone like Petro that reads everything you do and is not just one but two steps ahead of you. Very insightful made me respect him more than I already had.
Andy is really hands down one of the nicest fighters in the business!

its going to be really sad when he retires, my favorite kickboxer along with Masato, but i rather to have him out of the game than losing to guys that he would mess up 10 years ago.

Im pretty sure he said the Khamal fight was his last didn't he?

if he still has 2 - 3 fight, i doubt he will uses the word "last".

but i would love to see him fight 2 - 3 times, it should be fun to see him fight in ONE FC.
He used Challenge's - with an 's. Implying that there will be more than one fight left.

Absolute legend and part of the dutch dominance that made K-1. Salute.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back