Andrzej Fonfara Targets Badou Jack Showdown

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
"My main goal is to avenge my loss to Joe Smith Jr., but if I can't get him in the ring, then I'm looking to face anyone in the top ten of the light-heavyweight division."

fonfara%20(1)_1.jpg

With the light-heavyweight division loaded with talent, Fonfara seeks a meaningful fight with one of the top contenders, more specifically, former WBC super-middleweight champion, Badou Jack (20-1, 12 KOs), who recently vacated his world title at 168 pounds.

"Badou Jack seems like the perfect opponent, but I must warn him, this is not the super-middleweight division," Fonfara continued.

"Badou Jack has never faced punchers like those fighting at 175 pounds. He must earn his shot to a world title fight, just like I did when I was coming up. This makes for a perfect opportunity for us to fight, with the winner moving up the rankings.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/andrzej-fonfara-targets-badou-jack-showdown--114431#sthash.EWSuO3Ph.dpuf

It sounds good as neither man has been in a dull fight lately. I'd imagine that the DeGale rematch (probably in the UK) will be next for Jack, though.

Noticed how he doesnt mention Beterbiev

That's a good fight. I didn't think much of either guy initially but they've both exceeded my expectations, Jack especially. I'd favor Fonfara because of the weight but Badou isn't going to go quietly into the night, he's shown.

After watching a video of the bout online showing Fonfara struggling to win rounds against Dawson in that fight the other day until he dropped him in the 9th and got the TKO stoppage in the 10th, my money would be on Jack if he was an underdog or maybe even at pick 'em odds. According to the Fonfara interview after the fight he was down on two judges' scorecards before catching Dawson.

jack body work wins this for him fonfara not a big hitter nor a particularly strong guy either and his style guarantees he takes a beating

Noticed how he doesnt mention Beteljuice

No one in their right mind mentions his name. The movie The Ring was based on what happens to those who risk mentioning it.
Enjoy these last 7 days of yours.

jack body work wins this for him fonfara not a big hitter nor a particularly strong guy either and his style guarantees he takes a beating

Fonfara is a good puncher. Not great, but good. It would be Jack's fight to lose, though.

I don't think I like Jack at 175. I think he gets eaten up at the weight.

Fonfara is a good puncher. Not great, but good. It would be Jack's fight to lose, though.
He knocked the shit out of Junior and if there's one thing Junior has, its the ability to absorb some shots.

He knocked the shit out of Junior and if there's one thing Junior has, its the ability to absorb some shots.

I agree, but it should be noted that Junior had the ability to absorb punishment at MW and Fonfara isn't a small LHW.

Back