Andrei Arlovski announces he will fight Shamil Abdurakhimov at UFC Moscow

Here is Shamil's KO over over Chase Sherman

tumblr_ozzgvaS5Pb1rofocqo1_500.gif

Should be easy work for the Pitbull to get back in the win column.
WAR Arlovski

#13 ranked UFC Heavyweight
18 wins 4 losses
36 years old
6"3 and 260 pounds
3-2 in UFC
Wins over Anthony Hamilton, Walt Harris and Chase Sherman
Losses to Tim Johnson and Black Beast

Very strong grappler and won his last fight by brutal KO over Sherman. This will be a tough matchup but Arlovski is the better striker and he still has very good takedown defense. Shamil may try to push him against the fence but I don't think he will have much success taking or holding Andrei down. AA should use a lot of movement like he has lately and I believe he can win a decision but of course all it takes at HW is one punch from either man to end the night.

What are his turn ons?

Waiting for the sherdoggers that think Belorussians are completely different people than Russians and don't speak Russian....

This fight is definitely winnable though. Unless he gets caught (Abdurakhmanov has shown he can punch), Arlovski can out-strike him. At least they are getting some Eastern Euro/Ukrainian/Russian/Belorussian fighters on this event, rather than getting Americans (which are nice, but it is Russia) on this card.

Gotta go with the ole wardog, or should I say Pitbull!

War AA!

#13 ranked UFC Heavyweight
18 wins 4 losses
36 years old
6"3 and 260 pounds
3-2 in UFC
Wins over Anthony Hamilton, Walt Harris and Chase Sherman
Losses to Tim Johnson and Black Beast

Very strong grappler and won his last fight by brutal KO over Sherman. This will be a tough matchup but Arlovski is the better striker and he still has very good takedown defense. Shamil may try to push him against the fence but I don't think he will have much success taking or holding Andrei down. AA should use a lot of movement like he has lately and I believe he can win a decision but of course all it takes at HW is one punch from either man to end the night.

Now that's a quality chunk of words.

Nice fight but i hope it's not the main event

I swear Andrei's body of work is nothing short of amazing. The list of guys he has fought... from young prospects to grizzled veterans. He has fought most everyone. Truly a fearless pioneer. The way he is spending this current portion of his career is blowing my mind. Even in defeat he is still showing that an old dog can learn new tricks. I'm as much of a fan as I ever was and seeing him take on so many young lions is just inspiring.

Weird fight, don't really like it. Arlovski probably wins a boring UD.

Back