Andre Ward Tune Up July 9th or 16th

Didn't he just have a tune up?
Kovalev is fighting this summer, so Ward wants to do the same, leading to their eventual showdown this fall.

Every top fighter should be fighting at least 3 times per year.

Kovalev is fighting this summer, so Ward wants to do the same, leading to their eventual showdown this fall.

Every top fighter should be fighting at least 3 times per year.

I'm cool with it as long as we get that Ward vs Kovalev fight later this year.

I'm cool with it as long as we get that Ward vs Kovalev fight later this year.
I don't mind if it's early next year, but I prefer this year as well. I'm just glad Ward is trying to be active in actual fights.

I don't mind if it's early next year, but I prefer this year as well. I'm just glad Ward is trying to be active in actual fights.

That's one of the best fights you can make right now, as long as it happens soon everyone should be happy.

That's one of the best fights you can make right now, as long as it happens soon everyone should be happy.
I would like to see Ward beat Stevenson and make the Kovalev fight for all the marbles, but that's wishful thinking.

I would like to see Ward beat Stevenson and make the Kovalev fight for all the marbles, but that's wishful thinking.

Stevensons with Showtime, right? Might be awhile before either guy takes his straps, unfortunately.

Good to have SOG back.

Let's see Ward vs. Grandpa B-Hop
Benard has already said no amount of money gets him in with Ward. Ward schools him anyway.

Ward needs work at 175. He looked rusty and slow. Probably from the layoff and the new weight class. Hard to say if he handles Kovalev. Really tough call. The summer fights will be interesting "clue wars".

Ward needs work at 175. He looked rusty and slow. Probably from the layoff and the new weight class. Hard to say if he handles Kovalev. Really tough call. The summer fights will be interesting "clue wars".

If a 50 year old B-Hop gave Kovalev a decent fight then Ward takes him to boxing school.
Ward has more atheleticism and tools then B-Hop.
Ward will disrupt Kovalev's rhythm with the jab and close the distance when he needs to.

You must hate Roy Jones.

#roy'slifematters
Put the fight in Roy's backyard, Russia, and Russia's favorite Boxer/Rapper wins via corrupt decison or overturned result due to failed drug test.

Also, as one of the 10,000 Ward fans out there, he needs another fight IMO.

I also thought he looked slow and bulky in his last fight.

against who though? Beterbiev and Stevenson are out, Kovalev is for later. Maybe a high level SMW? But Ramirez, DeGale, and Jack are all out, so are Dirrell and Bute (Bute's only really an option at this point for money and closure at this point). Maybe Callum Smith? But that'd be too early.

against who though? Beterbiev and Stevenson are out, Kovalev is for later. Maybe a high level SMW? But Ramirez, DeGale, and Jack are all out, so are Dirrell and Bute (Bute's only really an option at this point for money and closure at this point). Maybe Callum Smith? But that'd be too early.

Wtf, why did ironfist get banned?

Back