Andre Ward Retires

I fail to see the relevance of this to the post you replied to.

Is English your second language ?
Thinking can be hard work.

"Nobody is ducking Ward. He isnt some killer like Kova."

He just beat the brakes off of Kova. No fucking chance Stevenson would get in with him.

That was as good a shot as Ward can throw and he still couldn't put Kovalev down. It's amazing what he could achieve with so little power.
Hard to put a guy down when they run for their lives around the ring.

This doesn't make any sense to me, Ward said he is retiring because his body could not take the punishment anymore... he just crushed a krusher from an higher weight class, Ward never looked better in his career, the guy is in his prime.

Hard to put a guy down when they run for their lives around the ring.

I'm saying he landed as good of a shot as he could and still couldn't drop Kovalev. Almost any other LHW drops him if he gets that shot. It's kind of a forehanded insult, because he was so good with such little natural power.

I'm saying he landed as good of a shot as he could and still couldn't drop Kovalev. Almost any other LHW drops him if he gets that shot. It's kind of a forehanded insult, because he was so good with such little natural power.

I hate to agree with you but this is correct

Ward is the man, did things on his own terms, beat some excellent fighters and is pretty damn good on the mic. Comfortable retirement champ.

Great fighter. Great last fight to go out on. Pretty sure everyone was like "Kovalev is going to KO him, blah, blah, blah." He won that then got out. Good for him.

Hes bottom of the pack for power at LHW. Dont think anyone is surprised he didnt put Kova to sleep one one punch. Even at the lower weight he was average at best.

This is shocking news and I'm upset that Ward is retiring as I'm a fan of him, but if he feels this is the best thing to do then that's cool. Ward is a legend and an absolute gentleman, he's one of the best role models out there I respect him a lot. I hope he continues his success and he'll definitely will still be doing great.

That was as good a shot as Ward can throw and he still couldn't put Kovalev down. It's amazing what he could achieve with so little power.

With all the power Kovalev has, its a shame he didn't have the balls and grit to successfully defend his titles against a weakling like Ward.

With all the power Kovalev has, its a shame he didn't have the balls and grit to successfully defend his titles against a weakling like Ward.

You're being emotional and not scoring points. I'm no Kovalev fan.

Sure you're not...like all bandwagoners you jumped off the Kovalev train.

But it's a strange idea you have that if one is a fan of a fighter, you should stick with them no matter what they do.

Brain damage sucks, so I'm always happy about a fighter retiring a bit early rather than a bit late. Good news. I wish him well, and hope he never comes back.

WTF is he retiring from? Did he have a fight signed?

Every boxer is "retired" until they sign their next fight.

Good for him. He's a great fighter, one of the best of our generation. I'm not a huge fan of his style but I can definitely appreciate greatness when I see it. I can't fault anyone for stepping away with their health intact. He's been boxing since 10 years old...and people are saying he's "too young" to retire which I think is kind of ridiculous tbh..

He's done everything that he has set to do in the sport, and I'm guessing he's financially stable at the moment. As a fighter, that's all you really want or need.

I would be lying if I said that I didn't want him to fight Stevenson and become unified champ at 175...THEN retire...but I can't sit here and say that he owes that to us as fans. He doesn't owe anything to anyone except himself and his family.

Like can someone get in me if you agree because i feel like an arsehole saying this but i respect a mans decision hes rich wants to chill with his family
BUT andre ward is no where near done he still has alot to prove legacy wise and i dont see anybody close to his weight beating him there was even talk of man doing a roy jones an hitting heavyweight i think andre beats parker bellew haye world title just keep him away from aj wilder there just too big

Back