Andre Ward making a comeback at higher weight???

If he weighs 199 like he says then he should be able to make 175 and I don’t see what’s there at cruiser that anyone would consider “something special”.

At 175 Stevenson? Bivol? Beterbiev? Jack? Gvozdyk?

Cruiser is full of Eastern Europeans so he isn’t going to get a pay day there.

I mean, jump to HW and fight the GOAT seems far fetched.

Virgil said Andre can beat AJ
<puh-lease75>

He should fight the winner of the cruiserweight WBSS.

Ward vs Usky is the fight I want to see. That would be a great matchup. I'd tip Usyk to take it.

There is a world of difference between Joshua and that weakling RJJ beat at HW. Maybe Ward just wants to be a model or body builder.

There is a world of difference between Joshua and that weakling RJJ beat at HW. Maybe Ward just wants to be a model or body builder.
Ruiz was many things, boring, slow, falling in to hug opponents. Weakling? Nah.

Ugh. I don’t know if that’s a good idea.

I hope he is working on turning over his stuff. I’ve said this for years, Dre would have stopped more people if he could have dropped that amateur slap. He is about as complete a fight you will ever see except that area.

i stopped doubting dre a long long time ago

Hope he does Cruiser. Testing HWs is a bad idea.

Roc Nation wants its money back: "get back to work hoe"

If roc nation wants its money back then Ward vs usyk isn’t the fight to do it. Has Tomasz adamek still got it in him to a) get to cruiser or b) draw any sort of live crowd? That would be a hilarious mismatch.

They were fools to pay him that much money to begin with. They had to know they were buying him to legitimize their business, not to turn a profit.

He should fight the winner of the cruiserweight WBSS.

No more insta undisputed belts. Fighters should work their way to the belts, not just beat the guy who collects 3 or 4 belts and beat all the champs and put in the work to collect them.

No more insta undisputed belts. Fighters should work their way to the belts, not just beat the guy who collects 3 or 4 belts and beat all the champs and put in the work to collect them.

Many people consider Ward the p4p king. He's an exceptional case.

Weighing 199lbs is an average weight of a Light Heavyweight now days. Some light heavyweights weigh more when they're not in training camp. That's 24 pounds heavier than light heavyweight. Crawford weighed in 177lbs the other day which is 30lbs heavier than welterweight and cutting pounds at welterweight is harder than light heavyweight because the lighter you are the more difference a pound makes. So I doubt his weight means he's gonna be competing at heavyweight. He's even small for cruiserweight.

Back