Andre Dida to make his return with Rizin

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Leader of Evolucao Thai team in Brazil, Dida told MMA Fighting he has agreed to return to mixed martial arts by the end of the year under the Rizin Fighting Federation banner in Japan.

The date and opponent are yet to be confirmed, but Rizin 14 is planned for Dec. 31 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.

”I’m preparing to fight by the end of the year in Rizin,” Dida said. “I already have an opponent in mind, so I’m getting my body ready and losing weight. Coming back wasn’t in my plans, but it’s a good fight. I’m in a good moment in my life, my gym is doing great, and fighting is cool.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/7/16/17570000/dream-k-1-veteran-andre-dida-rizin-mma-return

Is he the dude who suckerpunched Chael at TUF Brazil?

I remember Alvarez put a good beating on him in Dream.

Dida's career highlight:
bdida1.gif

Dropping Buakaw in round 1 before getting his shit pushed in for the remaining 3 rounds.

His run in the HERO's grand prix was impressive. 'Was just some 3-0 guy they could use the Chute Boxe name to profit off of and got to the finals.

Dida vs Cruikshank on NYE? I like it

Dida's career highlight:
bdida1.gif

Dropping Buakaw in round 1 before getting his shit pushed in for the remaining 3 rounds.

I always thought this was impressive. Kind of like Kid dropping Masato. Even though Buakaw went on to push his shit in.

I always thought this was impressive. Kind of like Kid dropping Masato. Even though Buakaw went on to push his shit in.

Dida has great stand up skills. No shame in loosing to Buakaw

Back