Andrade about Namajunas: This fight has to happen guys! We've waited too long, I'm ready.

Karolina was one of the most overrated women in the 115lbs division. It actually hurt her for to be ranked so high because she's having to face the toughest opponents. She had no business being in there with Andrade. She didn't get the memo when she was up against the cage looking cute and nonchalant that this isn't a cutesey competition. Nobody actually cares how pretty you look inside the cage, especially your opponent, and that's terrible news if your opponent is a killer like Andrade.

Karolina got by by having favorable stylistic matchups where she could look good. She is not an elite fighter by any stretch of the imagination. Against two non-one-dimensional fighters in Adrade and Claudia, she got finished with ease.

She should take an easier fight next time out

I agree, but she bested current champion and lucky punch'd former. Plus she is very sexy for some fans and it can make her look better than she is.

Rose is pretty much screwed,Andrade will knock her out and Tatiana will wrestle her like crazy

Well if Joanna beat her, I can't help but think Rose would beat her too. Joanna has no power, Rose does have power. Rose is a better technical striker than Joanna too. I can't see that ending well for Andrade.

On a side note, Rose is scared to leave the house because of Conor's bus attack. That may have ruined her mentally.

Rose is a technical precision striker. Joanna is a pressure, volume-striker. They are not the same type of striker which is why Rose is such a bad matchup for Joanna.

Andrade vs Rose would look nothing like Joanna vs Andrade. Joanna was able to keep Andrade off of her by pressuring with combos. Rose just doesn't really do that. Joanna is somewhat unique in that aspect in terms of her striking style in the female divisions.

Rose is the champ, but on paper, Andrade is a bad matchup.

Well if Joanna beat her, I can't help but think Rose would beat her too. Joanna has no power, Rose does have power. Rose is a better technical striker than Joanna too. I can't see that ending well for Andrade.

On a side note, Rose is scared to leave the house because of Conor's bus attack. That may have ruined her mentally.

Dude, rose has been a badly damaged person for years...."You're so damaged" dean winchester'. love that scene...

Mma math don’t work bud
KK beat rose but not JJ or Andrade.
Rose is not as high volume or elusive as JJ and doesn’t have the same TTD. I could also see Andrade’s body hooks messing up her day.
Not a done deal either way imo. A more winnable for Andrade that the JJ bout.

Defo the next fight to make.
If rose is too traumatised to fight again, she needs to vacate so Suarez and Andrade can fight for it.

I wasn't using mma math bud.

Andrade likes to charge forward and throw looping hooks. Rose doesn't need to be a volume striker, she needs to be a precision striker. A well-timed counter would plant Andrade on her ass. She leaves herself too exposed to getting countered, and Rose has very good timing.

Dropping Waterson and "chinny" Joanna is one thing, being able to budge a tank like Andrade is quite another. And Rose is a different kind of striker from Joanna, one that might not be as effective against Andrade. Not to mention that movement and striking is only half the battle against Andrade, and Rose doesn't have the TDD, clinchwork, or defensive grappling to prevent Andrade from taking her down and beating the life out of her.

Waterson and "chinny" Joanna aren't wild strikers. They actually have technical skill and don't leave their chin up and throw wild hooks all the time. If she can hit those two, who are much harder to hit, she will land on Andrade with ease. Rose will do fine against Andrade. She can time her and sit her down.

Rose is a technical precision striker. Joanna is a pressure, volume-striker. They are not the same type of striker which is why Rose is such a bad matchup for Joanna.

Andrade vs Rose would look nothing like Joanna vs Andrade. Joanna was able to keep Andrade off of her by pressuring with combos. Rose just doesn't really do that. Joanna is somewhat unique in that aspect in terms of her striking style in the female divisions.

Rose is the champ, but on paper, Andrade is a bad matchup.

They don't have the same style. You're right, but they don't need to. Andrade is susceptible to getting countered, and Rose is very capable of countering her and hurting her. She doesn't need volume, she needs quality. Rose will eat her up standing. The ground might be a problem.

Karolina was one of the most overrated women in the 115lbs division.

Karolina got by by having favorable stylistic matchups where she could look good. She is not an elite fighter by any stretch of the imagination.

<34>

Beating Rose 2 years ago and not being an elite fighter. You just embarrassed yourself.

Waterson and "chinny" Joanna aren't wild strikers. They actually have technical skill and don't leave their chin up and throw wild hooks all the time. If she can hit those two, who are much harder to hit, she will land on Andrade with ease. Rose will do fine against Andrade. She can time her and sit her down.
I think Andrade is a terrible matchup for Waterson.

Andrade should have had this fight signed a long time ago. She shouldn't have had to fight Torres or Karolina. She's proven she's next in line. It makes no sense for her to wait any longer.

Rose's footwork and striking good enough to stand with andrade imo.

<34>

Beating Rose 2 years ago and not being an elite fighter. You just embarrassed yourself.

Guess who also beat Rose

carla-esparza-.jpg

Sorry to burst your bubble

Rose vs Jessica is definitely the next for both; only the date needs to be determined. With that said, Tatiana vs either for the future will be fun, too.

Back