Anderson Silva's Best Performances

Solid stuff, you seem passionate about mma and combat sports, keep it up bud.

https://genius.com/Randomuser-9-anderson-silvas-best-performances-annotated

I really considered putting in Silva's fights with Yushin Okami, Chris leben, James Irvin, Carlos Newton, and etc.. but decided to narrow it down to only the essential 5.

I have already made breakdowns of the best performances for the following fighters:
Shogun Rua
Jon Jones
Dominick Cruz
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
I'd put Vitor at #2 and Rich at #3 because of the way he finished them easily. Then, Chael at #5. Nice list nonetheless<mma4>

I would have his fight against Hendo at number 1. That version of Anderson slaughters any MW past or present.

sCOVXWo.gif

I really considered putting in Silva's fights with Yushin Okami, Chris leben, James Irvin, Carlos Newton, and etc.. but decided to narrow it down to only the essential 5.

I have already made breakdowns of the best performances for the following fighters:
Shogun Rua
Jon Jones
Dominick Cruz
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Hey, man. I´m impressed with the work you put in. Really good stuff to read. It expresses how a lot of us feel about the greatest mma fighter of all time. I´m gonna show your work to some friends of mine who are big Silva's fans too. Congrats!
giphy.gif

It's crazy that most people don't even mention his fight with Okami. Anderson went into the matrix, almost knocked him out cold with a jab, dropped him again with the most sneaky right hook I've ever seen and after that Okami was done.

10001968.gif

giphy.gif

An underrated performance was when he schooled Nick Diaz 50-45. Diaz' fans are still salty about it

Would have to go with Forest and the Franklin fight Hen do is a bigger name but h e didn't dominate the fight like he did with Forest

It's crazy that most people don't even mention his fight with Okami. Anderson went into the matrix, almost knocked him out cold with a jab, dropped him again with the most sneaky right hook I've ever seen and after that Okami was done.

10001968.gif

giphy.gif

Outstanding performance on an underrated opponent.

No only for the way Silva outjabbed a jabber and dropped him, but he also wanted to prove a point letting one of the best clinch fighters in the division to get in the clinch with him, and even there, he handled him with ease. Considering the stud Okami is in the clinch, I found that fight even more impressive than what Silva did to Franklin.
It's worth mention that it was the first time modern UFC went to Brazil

Definitely top 5 Silva win in my book.

10001968.gif

giphy.gif

There was such a beauty in the lines of his movement. He seemed to be not only directing hard, concussive force into the spaces of his opponents' brains and bodies, but to also be carving out beautiful arcs in the ether. Just something unusual in the world.

Conor moves really nicely at times too, to be fair. But nobody has done the "ballet of destruction" more gracefully than this man.

FUCK I love Andy.

GOAT.

The way great fighters were just plain afraid of him in the octagon says it all. Griffin, Okami, Sonnen, Franklin all had those moments in the fight where you could see the terror all over their faces.

GOAT

It's not only about dominance, it's about history.

I couldn't even pick 5 fights because so many of his performances are mindblowing, but I gotta say that Rich Franklin I is my #1.

Rich Franklin was on a 8-fight winstreak when they fought and the way Silva destroyed him was hard and humbling to watch.
asilvafinfranklin_medium.gif

17 fucking knees landed.

Shogun Rua
Jon Jones
Dominick Cruz
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
2 Columns

Best Opponents (In order in my opinion)
Henderson
Belfort
Franklin x 2
Sonnen x 2

Best perfomances (In order, my opinion)
Henderson ( Henderson was his toughest opponent on paper and many considered him the real MW champ till that fight and he tooled him)
Forrest
Franklin 1
Leben
Belfort
Franklin 2
Bonner
Okami

Good work, man. Good stuff so far....

Thanks man I appreciate it. I don't write all of it, if I see an article that articulates something really well then I'll include a few sentences, however overall I like writing alot and might as well share it.

Hey, man. I´m impressed with the work you put in. Really good stuff to read. It expresses how a lot of us feel about the greatest mma fighter of all time. I´m gonna show your work to some friends of mine who are big Silva's fans too. Congrats!
giphy.gif

Thanks man, glad your enjoying it

10001968.gif

giphy.gif

Silva was also landing some beautiful head kicks in the fight

Wa3Ipmr.gif

And I don't care if it was illegal, but the kick that Silva landed from guard in the first fight was some of the most sneaky ninja looking shit I have ever seen in a fight.

Back